The Mine Train 'temper your expectations' thread

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Really though, in the middle of the day... on a weekday, no less. What horrible timing.
It's not like they're going to say anything of value anyway. I seem to remember most of these chats before everyone comes out complaining that the imagineer said almost less than nothing. They moderate the questions, provide little to no information, and are over pretty quickly if I remember right. I wouldn't be surprised if its not as much an "imagineer" as it is an "Imagineering PR Representative".

doctornick

I really wish there was a way of seeing these supposedly amazing animatronics (I haven't seen them, pardon the ignorance) without going through, essentially, a meet and greet (edit, or Youtube!) I considered it when I was there, but the long, LONG wait time and everyone in line being with a child to be a bit much.

I hate to say it, but I almost felt like a creep for considering it without having a small child in tow. Is this normal? Do adults go through the line sans-child and into the attraction?

Personally, I don't think it's creepy to go without a child but YMMV. I remember doing Turtle Talk as a young adult with my parents and no young kids and enjoying it and not feeling odd.

If you want to hit it with a shorter wait, go later in the day, when Fantasyland tends to die down.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Really though, in the middle of the day... on a weekday, no less. What horrible timing.

I didnt watch it but Im sure its no different from the others. Like @sshindel said, moderated questions. Then throw in a TON of adjectives. I think the only words the imagineers are allowed to use is "truly immersive" and "unique" when they are interviewed. They say the same thing 8 different ways. I remember the live chat with Melissa Jeselnick for TT, ...barf!

And whats up with the pictures of 7DMT on DisneyPArks blog? Thanks for showing me pictures of 8 different lanterns inside the ride and the same picture of diamonds in the bucket twice but from different angles. Heaven forbid they show an AA

MerlinTheGoat

I mean absolutely no offense to DisneyConstruction23 if you're actually telling the truth (you may be or you may not be), but to put things into perspective if you ARE on the level- most people here are numb at this point to all the people who have joined this site pretending to be insiders to get attention. If you're the real deal then don't take offense and just wait it out till we've got some confirmation, then everyone will give you the proper respect (and i'll be apologizing for doubting you along with others i'm sure). But until then, if you're not trolling, at least try to look at it from the perspective of regular forum goers here and realize we've gone through way too many fakes to put any blind faith in a new guy making claims. And I say that potential trolls as well who are in this to get a rise out of people here- don't waste your time, people here aren't open to being fooled easily. Or even from the random Disney shill who try to convince people an attraction is more than it is.

There's always the slight chance even a well respected long time insider can be wrong about something (though not in a trolling way of course), but it doesn't bode well when a guy like Lee tells people to be wary of your info about the mine train. @Lee as I recall was one of the couple of people who knew about this ride and its details from the beginning, including showing us a sketch of the finalized track layout (which ended up being 100% accurate) and told people there wouldn't be as many show scenes as originally planned. His info about the entire FLE project has been consistently solid throughout. I recall last year another user (Pixiedustmaker I believe, a known antagonistic user here) tried to get into an argument with Lee and insisted that a log bridge from the artwork would make it into the final track layout. This was before a lot of the show details were there and there was still a lot of dirt and steel showing. Lee said it wouldn't be present and he was correct once again (the other guy either left or was banned not long after). Lee also posted in a thread the other day that as of about a year ago, the ride's "animatronics" were nothing special whatsoever (after someone showed him this thread and asked him about it). Year old information COULD be wrong, but I doubt that they'd make such major show element changes so late into development. The truth will arrive quite soon. We may even have an answer in a few days with that podcast. But as of now, we don't know and we have no way to know.

We also should remember that it seems unlike modern Disney to ADD more value to something (they're all about mutilating budgets now and are far more likely to make cuts than additions). They also dislike having to maintain animatronics heavy attractions to begin with, maintenance is a mess in many such rides around WDW. Even the newest FLE animatronics have issues working consistently as reported here (the wardrobe had issues almost since it opened and people have continually reported issues with many of the Mermaid ones). They were no doubt over the moon when they were given the opportunity to destroy Horizons, Imagination 1.0 and World of Motion due to their large quantities of maintenance heavy show elements.

I will mention that if we don't get any info in the podcast about the figures- everyone should probably just expect to be disappointed and take some heed to Lee's words. Historically Disney has never missed a chance to hype the hell out of even the tiniest details in their imagineering blogs (it was a big deal when those vultures were installed from the original ride). In the past we've seen huge segments of videos dedicated to animatronic figures alone whenever they had one ready to show. Even if it's just a hypothetical display like the Hatbox Ghost from D23. They hyped the hell out of the higher tier animatronics in the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast attractions even long before the areas were very near completion. They even did video specials hyping the cheap plastic moving figures all over the Mermaid ride. The pragmatic part of me is suspicious that if the Mine Train figures were actually anything close to the quality of the animatronics in FLE's other attractions, we'd already have seen huge specials about them from Disney. The only explanation as to why we haven't is that they're trying to keep the inside of the mine a surprise, though it's rather unlike Disney to hold back on hyping something worth talking about.

I hope you are absolutely right though and will be extremely happy if they go with some nice animatronics.

Last edited:

DisneyConstruction23

All i did was come to the forum with a little information and was basically slandered and called a liar from day one. For being "Disney" fans a lot of you need to look at yourself. This site feels more like a HS clique then a forum because anybody new is shunned and treated like ****....I understand what may have happened in the past but I know from this point forward I will rarely if ever use this forum again or provide any updates on the 4 new projects we are currently bidding on. To those who showed me respect, thank you but for the rest of you keep telling your self that you are a good person or a "Disney" faithful. God bless and goodnight (and no this is not me running away because I lied and want to cover my tail but if that is what you believe then you are part of the problem here)

lazyboy97o

Sooooo, what, exactly, has DC23 said that is unbelievable? That the 7DMT is going to have quality AAs instead of plywood flats or simple mechanical figures? I thought we knew that already and all I got from his "insider info" is that "Yes, in fact, good AAs. Two thumbs up!" People have to remember that some of the most advanced AAs Disney has used stateside are in NFL. Lumiere, Ursula, and Sebastian are some of the finest AAs I have ever seen. So for DC23 to "confirm" that we are getting more quality AAs doesn't seem beyond believable.
Yes, DC23 is new. OK, so he has to "earn" his stripes. There is no reason to bust his chops. We will know the score soon enough.

And I am putting my money on DC23 being correct and there being quality AAs in this attraction. That still doesn't mean that it' snot a 90 sec. Large Kiddie/Small Family coaster with a shocking lack of show scenes.
The DisneyParks Blog was also hyping the new figures in those attractions. We haven't seen that so far in regards to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

Jabbas

I think everyone needs to relax and remember that this is a Walt Disney World Internet forum. Second of all, if he truly is lying, how does this affect your real life? Everyone just needs to let it go. I personally don't care if he's telling the truth or not, it's just fun to speculate about the ride. We will all know the truth in time.

surfsupdon

Guests are going to think of it as a coaster, which it is, but also which it is not. It will have very, very long lines at all times, and I anticipate that the wait itself will not be worth the ride.

Also, we have heard that there are AA inside. I hope they move with lifelike motion. The Yeti, as we know, is a failure b/c it just doesn't work.

tl77

All i did was come to the forum with a little information and was basically slandered and called a liar from day one. For being "Disney" fans a lot of you need to look at yourself. This site feels more like a HS clique then a forum because anybody new is shunned and treated like ****....I understand what may have happened in the past but I know from this point forward I will rarely if ever use this forum again or provide any updates on the 4 new projects we are currently bidding on. To those who showed me respect, thank you but for the rest of you keep telling your self that you are a good person or a "Disney" faithful. God bless and goodnight (and no this is not me running away because I lied and want to cover my tail but if that is what you believe then you are part of the problem here)

You should join the disboards there aren't as many obsessive compulsive sociopaths over there

Sped2424

let your word speak for itself man, if you are right awesome everyone will most likely shut up and leave you alone then start @ing you begging for info all the time. No need to let a few people who aren't sure about you ruffle your feathers.

MerlinTheGoat

If you can't see why people here are rightfully wary of people who claim to be insiders, here's an example of how it usually goes down on these forums that might give you a glimpse-
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/themeparkone-who-is-it-real-insider-or-fraud.772751/

The above was a guy on twitter a few years back that gained a following by making claims about Disney projects that people WANTED to hear. He used his followers to get attention and lied to them for his own personal amusement. After his claims were debunked (a lot of them were claims about D23 announcements which came and went without anything he said being announced), he lost his following. Some of them were members here as I recall (his name was used a lot when people were talking about upcoming park project rumors). Many people learned a lesson not to trust anything blindly that they hear. And there have been plenty of others like him. More recently another guy called Tom Corliss (I think, has a site and podcast along with people who follow him) claimed Disney and the Tolkien made a deal and Disney was going to build a Lord of the Rings land (and that an announcement was imminent at that time last year).

Do not take it the wrong way and assume people are claiming you are absolutely one of those. No one knows. The point is that it's important to understand where people are coming from by being skeptical of information from a new member here who makes bold claims. You may be legit, or you may not be. We cannot know, but people are perfectly within their rights to have developed a mistrust of everyone who comes here sharing inside info after being burned so often. You really have nothing to take offense to though if you actually are legit. We've also had people who have joined new and turned out to be right in the end, also met with the same skepticism as yourself. When their information is proven right, we apologize to them and accept them into the community with open arms (if they wish to remain) and they garner respect from everyone. This forum simply chooses to wait it out until the information is validated before jumping in and believing anything someone new says. I don't at all see how that's a "clique", it's just people who are numb from being pranked and taken advantage of by a vast quantity of trolls and don't want to be taken in an fooled by someone they don't know and might be trying to take them for a ride. That's not an assumption you're like that, it's simply that it's not assuming you're not due to not knowing you. We'll all find out what's true or not very soon.

As Sped said, let your word speak for itself. We all want you to be right.

Though as for the "Disney faithful" comment- this is not a religion and it's unhealthy to treat a corporate entity as such. People should instead look to see who has the best quality attractions and make park going decisions based on that. Not loyalty to a brand.

You should join the disboards there aren't as many obsessive compulsive sociopaths over there
Probably not. Their behavior is much closer to that of brand shilling psychopaths in general, wildly flaming anyone who doesn't blindly adore everything Disney does. :p

Last edited:

tirian

Though as for the "Disney faithful" comment- this is not a religion and it's unhealthy to treat a corporate entity as such. People should instead look to see who has the best quality attractions and make park going decisions based on that. Not loyalty to a brand.
Exactly. It's alarming to see people act like Disney is the second coming of Christ.

NormC

Don't let some of the "forum elite" chase you away. I enjoyed your posts. Put the doubters on your ignore list.

MerlinTheGoat

Just as alarming as it is for people to attack Disney for every decision they make. Kinda works both ways, doesn't it.
Of course not. People attack Disney for stupid decisions, things that blatantly detract from the guest experience. Negative things should be attacked, it's stupid not to hold them to standards they set themselves. The inconvenient fact (one that will never have a proper rebuttal) that corporate apologists continually have to face is that no fan set the standards we're holding Disney to, it was Disney themselves.

It is irresponsible for paying customers (or even potential customers) not to raise eyebrows whenever Disney (or other corporations) does things like absurdly mutilate budgets for new projects, hack away at basic maintenance (on details both large and small), shutter attractions, and all at the same time charge more and more. Not just irresponsible for the individual, but for society as a whole. This goes for any corporate entity, but particularly for Disney for setting the standard themselves a long time ago.

Whenever Disney makes great decisions, they are duly praised for it. Recent examples include Radiator Springs Racers and Mystic Manor being excellent new attractions adored by many (perhaps even most).

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Of course not. People attack Disney for stupid decisions, things that blatantly detract from the guest experience. Negative things should be attacked, it's stupid not to hold them to standards they set themselves. It is irresponsible for paying customers (or even potential customers) not to raise eyebrows whenever Disney (or other corporations) does things like absurdly mutilate budgets for new projects, hack away at basic maintenance (on details both large and small), shutter attractions, and all at the same time charge more and more. Not just irresponsible for the individual, but for society as a whole.

Whenever Disney makes great decisions, they are duly praised for it. Recent examples include Radiator Springs Racers and Mystic Manor being excellent new attractions adored by many (perhaps even most).

Yep. People do attack Disney for stupid decisions, among other things...

MerlinTheGoat

Yep. People do attack Disney for stupid decisions, among other things...
Among what other things? There are very few people who attack Disney for good decisions they've made. The problem (the main reason you see people in such a negative state these days) is simply that there is so little good going on with the company. The way it is being run at this moment is unquestionably going to irritate people who expect the Disney Difference. That is simply how things are. What IS there is duly praised though as I stated, people just want quality and will shower praise when it's given. It's not that complicated to figure that out.

If the Mine Train does use impressive animatronics, i'll be the first to offer some praise for it. Lee says no, DisneyConstruction23 says yes. The hopeful in me wants to believe, but the realist in me says not to get any hope up. We'll soon find out what is correct. It's still very odd that Disney hasn't hyped the inside of the mine yet though. They usually can't contain themselves from posting anything animatronic related on the parks blog well before attractions are close to opening. Either they're saving it as a surprise, or they've got nothing.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
There are very few people who attack Disney for good decisions. The reason you see people in such a negative state these days is simply because there is so little good going on with the company. What IS there is duly praised though as I stated.

If the Mine Train does use some impressive animatronics, i'll be the first to offer some praise for it. Lee says no, DisneyConstruction23 says yes. We'll soon find out what is correct.

I understand what you are saying and agree to a certain point. My original point was that just as their are people who see Disney through rose colored glasses, there are also those on the other side who will criticize Disney just for the sake of criticizing, no matter what. I am seeing you would probably fall into the middle of these two extremes, as would I.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom