The Merch Alert Thread

Figments Friend

Why, would you buy him one?

Not if he already had one....but I do keep an eye out for neat things I think he might like to add to his collection.

The last item I found and brought to his attention was last years Limited Edition pin release of his Disneyland Main Street Window.
The pin was released in Florida at WDW...which I found a little odd.

The 'Golden Figment Statue' figure released earlier this year was another one.
That is a really nice statue...$100 on ShopDisney.com
Not sure if he ended up getting one, but I did.

-

mickEblu

Original Poster
Not quite as cool as Rex but I purchased this ornament recently. They really kind of just double as figurines as you can take the ribbon off. For my taste, ornaments have been the best Merch these days. They ve been making little sculpts/ ornaments of the attraction facades at DLR and WDW too. Anyway I bought this one because it’s Roger Rabbit, you never see Cartoon Spin merch outside of maybe some pins and because who knows how long this attraction will be sticking around.

Oh ya. It spins.

And Jessica is still in her dress.

Interesting that they refer to him as his real name and not as his Cartoon Spin name - Lenny.

D15DB227-622E-47AB-BD61-E4D960062BE4.jpeg
8213F4F5-A71A-49E3-85D1-40FC0323BE05.jpeg

SuddenStorm

Not if he already had one....but I do keep an eye out for neat things I think he might like to add to his collection.

The last item I found and brought to his attention was last years Limited Edition pin release of his Disneyland Main Street Window.
The pin was released in Florida at WDW...which I found a little odd.

The 'Golden Figment Statue' figure released earlier this year was another one.
That is a really nice statue...$100 on ShopDisney.com
Not sure if he ended up getting one, but I did.

-

Well, if Tony ends up wanting it I have an extra I'd sell to him at cost. If it's already sold out in the park.

SSG

I saw these in GE this past weekend and I literally thought these were vaguely sci-fi themed ice cream makers. 😂 A little relieved to know they weren't, I guess?
This started in Empire. You get brief shot of a guy during the evacuation of Cloud City. And for some reason he's carrying an ice cream maker. Stars Wars eventually ret-conned it in to a carrying case/safe and it's grown a life of it's own.

Willrow.jpg

Last edited:

Phroobar

This started in Empire. You get brief shot of a guy during the evacuation of Cloud City. And for some reason he's carrying an ice cream maker. Stars Wars eventually ret-conned it in to a carrying case and it's grown a life of it's own.

View attachment 642666
His name is Willrow Hood. The unofficial story is he is saving Lando's favorite ice cream Chocolate Malted Crunch. Instead he is running off with a computer core with rebel spy names on it so the Empire doesn't grab it.

mickEblu

Original Poster
There is nothing about this piece that is specific to Disney World right? Other than it being released to Celebrate the 50th. I believe Disneyland has the same colored Pan ride vehicle at least for some of them? I missed out on all the great Kevin and Jody collectibles they sold during Disneylands 50th as I wasn’t visiting the parks during that time.

EDIT: the font is the font they use for the marquee at MK

7E639449-8038-4C15-B0ED-13581D3E957C.jpeg
9AA3DCE7-D02A-434F-A122-C7DF58280053.jpeg

waltography

There is nothing about this piece that is specific to Disney World right? Other than it being released to Celebrate the 50th. I believe Disneyland has the same colored Pan ride vehicle at least for some of them? I missed out on all the great Kevin and Jody collectibles they sold during Disneylands 50th as I wasn’t visiting the parks during that time.

View attachment 642909View attachment 642908
This is gorgeous. I don't ride Pan often anymore because the wait time is usually not worth it, but I love the history of how the ship ride system came to be. Lots of lovely little details in this.

SuddenStorm

View attachment 642909View attachment 642908

If this was Disneyland's Peter Pan I'd buy it. It's nice seeing the occasional high quality piece.

SSG

The baby Sarlacc from Galaxy's Edge is now available at ShopDisney

waltography

Wait. You get zero popcorn in the bucket? So it's just a bucket? Leave it to Disney to sell popcorn buckets with no popcorn.
You kid, but when the CM asked if he wanted the popcorn on the side or in the bucket, the person in front of me said "I don't want the popcorn." Lucky me, though; I just wanted a Coke and walked away with one + free popcorn.

Phroobar

This is why "synergy" for a company that holds dozens of unrelated companies is a bad idea. Who is going to Disneyland to buy National Geographic clothing?

Better yet, who buys Nat Geo clothing?

Guessing the theme music from the Twilight Zone the Movie:

-Absolutely. How about this one? [HUMMlNG] Know it? [SlNGlNG]
Look at that fossil It's stuck over there in the tar Look at that old man
He looks like an old ape -What is it?
-l don't know. DRlVER [SlNGlNG]: Look at that old bone
It could be worth a bucks -What is it?
-l don't know. Look at those two apes
This must be where they live Look at that city, let's continue to dig -What is it?
-l don't know. It's National Geographic,
National Geographic. Okay, all right. -Okay, l got one for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom