The Merch Alert Thread

waltography

The Tokyo Disney soap dispensers have finally found their way to the American parks and now I'm considering a trip to Downtown Disney to grab one.

1625715633215.png

It's apparently already sold out at Disneyland within the first day, so I guess I'll try again next month. 😂 Wish it had the more sophisticated Tokyo Disney design, but this isn't too bad.

SuddenStorm

So, it looks like this has flown under the radar.

Disneyland is selling a 35 anniversary figure of RX-24, limited to 1000. $199.

1654019709274.png

It looks great in person. The figure is heavy and well detailed. The eyes and mouth light up and it plays voice clips from the ride (not the entire dialogue, but his most famous excerpts). It doesn't remove from the 'case', but the ribbon comes off.

Right now it's the best piece of merchandise in the park. I had been looking for a good Rex for years. When Galaxy's Edge opened I was disappointed they didn't have the option to purchase a Star Tours era Rex from the droid shop- so this was an instant purchase for me.

mickEblu

Original Poster
So, it looks like this has flown under the radar.

Disneyland is selling a 35 anniversary figure of RX-24, limited to 1000. $199.

View attachment 642497

It looks great in person. The figure is heavy and well detailed. The eyes and mouth light up and it plays voice clips from the ride (not the entire dialogue, but his most famous excerpts). It doesn't remove from the 'case', but the ribbon comes off.

Right now it's the best piece of merchandise in the park. I had been looking for a good Rex for years. When Galaxy's Edge opened I was disappointed they didn't have the option to purchase a Star Tours era Rex from the droid shop- so this was an instant purchase for me.

Thanks again my Dude! So glad I never wasted my money on the DJ Rex robot they sell at GE

mickEblu

Original Poster
Seriously! I considered it briefly as well but couldn't bring myself to buy a rex that wasn't pure. Glad you were able to get one, I doubt they'll be around much longer.

You forgot to mention it’s a limited edition of 1,000.

I think that if these had debuted at D23 or anything event that is primarily Disney parks fans first, it would have sold out but I think he’s probably a lot lower on the list for hardcore Star Wars fans which is why it didn’t sell out out at Star Wars celebration.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Ugh...these are the times I wished I lived closer to the parks. I would totally get this!
I do have the GE Rex...he is super cute but this one looks much better.

I mean DJ Rex is cool and he moves so there’s that. Ultimately I just wanted the original Rex with his original color scheme. Been looking for nice Rex piece for a while now.

SuddenStorm

I mean DJ Rex is cool and he moves so there’s that. Ultimately I just wanted the original Rex with his original color scheme. Been looking for nice Rex piece for a while now.

Yeah, this is the iconic Rex for sure. It's just too bad they won't toss the original ride film in for a few months as a throwback.

waltography

The Camtono has come and gone. Already sold out.

I saw these in GE this past weekend and I literally thought these were vaguely sci-fi themed ice cream makers. 😂 A little relieved to know they weren't, I guess?

Figments Friend

That Captain Rex figure looks really nice.
The fact it also lights up and plays audio clips from the Attraction is a sweet plus, too.

Dang....wonder if Tony has one of these already?

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom