The Merch Alert Thread

CaptainAmerica

This is why "synergy" for a company that holds dozens of unrelated companies is a bad idea. Who is going to Disneyland to buy National Geographic clothing?
That's a bit of a blanket statement, no?

A small NatGeo section in Animal Kingdom might make some sense. Monday Night Football playing on a projection screen in Adventureland would not.

This particular "synergy activation" sucks. That doesn't mean they all do.

CaptinEO

That's a bit of a blanket statement, no?

A small NatGeo section in Animal Kingdom might make some sense. Monday Night Football playing on a projection screen in Adventureland would not.

This particular "synergy activation" sucks. That doesn't mean they all do.
I think Nat Geo in a themepark already about animals is redundant and sucks too. Just cause something thematically fits doesn't mean it improves it.

Phroobar

National Geographic had a lifetime subscription option. My father in law bought it back in the 50s for like $100. He was receiving it ever since. He said it was the best $100 he ever spent. He sure got his money out of it since the garage is full of thousands of magazines. When he died, we had to finally cancel the subscription.

CaptainAmerica

I think Nat Geo in a themepark already about animals is redundant and sucks too. Just cause something thematically fits doesn't mean it improves it.
It's a wall of merch, mate, I think you're overthinking it. The watch case and the mugs and the Pandora charms don't "improve the theme park," they're there because people might want to buy some crap.

No Name

From reddit:

Yikes! Disney makes Walmart level merchandise these days.

This is a Duck Dynasty reference, the dark stripe in the one guy’s beard gives it away for sure. I can’t believe Disney is selling a Duck Dynasty t-shirt and I’d be surprised if they even legally can.

1666886489350.jpeg

1666886516833.jpeg

CaptinEO

It's a wall of merch, mate, I think you're overthinking it. The watch case and the mugs and the Pandora charms don't "improve the theme park," they're there because people might want to buy some crap.
It just bugs me Disney will be like "Tommorowland is in Space, what else is in Space? Buzz Lightyear!" It's like they just cram in anything that can fit a theme if it means more synergy.

Rich T

I’ve never bought a popcorn bucket before, but my weak spot has been targeted and I’m going to try to get this one at Magic Kingdom. Mobile ordering begins Nov. 1.
25A7C259-AAC7-43E9-A871-C45707C4A5AF.jpeg

Any advice on mobile ordering? At what hour might the link appear in the app? What section of the app does it appear in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😊

mickEblu

Original Poster
I’ve never bought a popcorn bucket before, but my weak spot has been targeted and I’m going to try to get this one at Magic Kingdom. Mobile ordering begins Nov. 1.
View attachment 675531
Any advice on mobile ordering? At what hour might the link appear in the app? What section of the app does it appear in? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😊

I think it depends but the HM Gargoyle Tiki Mug was supposed to go on sale today no earlier than 6am. On the DLR app it had its own option listed as “Trader Sam’s merchandise release” in the Mobile Order section as if it was one of the restaurants. When I checked the app at 10am they were sold out.

Also, welcome back the Dark Side! 😆

Last edited:

Rich T

I think it depends but the HM Gargoyle Tiki Mug was supposed to go on sale today no earlier than 6am. On the DLR app it had its own option listed as “Trader Sam’s merchandise release” if it was one of the restaurants. When I checked the app at 10am they were sold out.

Also welcome back the Dark Side! 😆
Thank you! 😄…but sorry you weren’t able to get the mug. 🙁

I’d better not get my hopes up. I’ll just try and see what happens. Already made the park reservation just in case. 😄

mickEblu

Original Poster
Thank you! 😄…but sorry you weren’t able to get the mug. 🙁

I’d better not get my hopes up. I’ll just try and see what happens. Already made the park reservation just in case. 😄

Thanks. It’s ok, I just checked more out of curiosity and to surprise my sister with one.

Good luck!!

Stevek

FYI, the Trader Sam's Gargoyle's were available at the bar starting at 11:30am Saturday. I picked up another one for a friend last night so they do have them available...kinda. As of today (Sunday), sales are paused until they get more of the torches. That could be as soon as tomorrow.

Rich T

National Geographic has been filming a series taking viewers behind the scenes at Animal Kingdom. Having their merch in the park makes some sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom