The main hurricane Charley thread (for WDW & Central Fla. discussion)

KevinPage

tigsmom said:
General Grizz

The General survived Hurricane Eisner. We all know Eisner cancelled plans for a 20K lagoon E ticket to change the weather patterns and force Orlando to get hit and hopefully stifle the General's activities. But much like his plans for animation and ABC, they failed miserabley. Grizz is like a cockroach and will need more efforts to "snuff" him out.

If Eisner was smart he would have moved Charley to take out the Wonders of Life. :lol: :drevil: :lol: :drevil: :lol: :drevil:

disnyfan89

Hey everybody!!!! Im so glade to have power (from 8:00 Friday to 11:15 today we have been without power!!) I have video that Im trying to get up of damage done to my and grandparents home!! I feel I got lucky!!!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

I just got back from holiday (not WDW this year I'm afraid) and so this is the first chance I've had to get online (the cases aren't even unpacked yet)

My thoughts are with you guys in the USA that have encountered Charley, I hope that everything works out ok and things get back to normal for you as soon as is possible :wave:

StevenT

Hooray! I'm back! I got power last night and now I have cable again :). I got lucky and it turned north again right along the coast so I was spared the eye. I hope everyone made it through alright :)

disnyfan89

StevenT said:
Hooray! I'm back! I got power last night and now I have cable again :). I got lucky and it turned north again right along the coast so I was spared the eye. I hope everyone made it through alright :)
We went through it and we are amazed there is no damage done to our house.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I decided not to go to Kissimmee today (gasp) to check on my family's vacation home (well, apartment), so my parents went alone. They just got back and told me the story. Billboards are gone, road signs are bent straight back, trees are down....Kissimmee is devastated, as the news has been saying. At our apartment, there was little roof damage. A golf course is right behind us and there are tree limbs everywhere. There's a huge oak tree right next to us also and all of its limbs are gone as well. Actually, a few of them damaged the car of our neighbor, who said she's been without power for three days straight, and they're about ready to go to a hotel. My mom also said she drove by four McDonald's and the golden arches on all of them were gone. Some gas stations are closed, and the ones that are opened are packed, with some people waiting an hour (my parents waited a 1/2 hour).

So it's not looking too well up there..... :(

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks78 said:
I decided not to go to Kissimmee today (gasp) to check on my family's vacation home (well, apartment), so my parents went alone. They just got back and told me the story. Billboards are gone, road signs are bent straight back, trees are down....Kissimmee is devastated, as the news has been saying. At our apartment, there was little roof damage. A golf course is right behind us and there are tree limbs everywhere. There's a huge oak tree right next to us also and all of its limbs are gone as well. Actually, a few of them damaged the car of our neighbor, who said she's been without power for three days straight, and they're about ready to go to a hotel. My mom also said she drove by four McDonald's and the golden arches on all of them were gone. Some gas stations are closed, and the ones that are opened are packed, with some people waiting an hour (my parents waited a 1/2 hour).

So it's not looking too well up there..... :(

Sorry things aren't looking well :(. Definitely reminds me of Andrew. We were without power for at least a week then, but we were so fortunate then as we were this time. Nothing really happened in comparison to other areas of the city. I'll keep praying for you guys who are without power and who are suffering the effects of Charley and hopefully things will get better. :) Actually, scratch that, things WILL get better. Always gotta be positive :)

bigfatdonna

Thank the Good Lord that we made it through! We live in Hillsborough county very close to the POLK county line. Looks like we received only minor tree damage here. However, my mother's lake home in Lake Wales received about $2000 worth of damage. It was a scary one for sure!!!! Anyway, all is well in my home. I will definitely continue to pray for those in need at this time. :(

dmagickingdom

I live in Kissimmee and had to go to the parks in order to eat dinner last night. There was nothing open from Publix to Lowe's. From my observation, I could see no major damage to WDW property at Epcot or the MK. There were only some trees knocked over including one of the beautiful trees that guide you into Epcot. I do not know if AK or Disney MGM studios suffered but both epcot and the MK was completely open for normal hours and business. (not busy at all in the parks though and they did NOT distribute fastpass)

barnum42

I see Erik has replied to a thread, so there's another name on the list :D

paulcmartens
mkt (rob)
PhotoDave
The Mom
speck (Brad)
Turkey
orlpassholder
Thelazer
wdwprincess (kelly)
Angelique
Invero (Tyler)
Pilka214
Horizons1
Lokheed
ISTCrew20 (Patrick)
KevinPage (and wife)
General Grizz
daddyphat808
Aimee
lamarvenoy
goofyguy
niteobsrvr
sillyspook13
Kenan
dmmgp2000
tampabrad
TimeTrip
RnRCJohn
CrisKennedy
Quicksilver
BwanaBob
IrrawaddyErik

disnyfan89

barnum42 said:
I see Erik has replied to a thread, so there's another name on the list :D

paulcmartens
mkt (rob)
PhotoDave
The Mom
speck (Brad)
Turkey
orlpassholder
Thelazer
wdwprincess (kelly)
Angelique
Invero (Tyler)
Pilka214
Horizons1
Lokheed
ISTCrew20 (Patrick)
KevinPage (and wife)
General Grizz
daddyphat808
Aimee
lamarvenoy
goofyguy
niteobsrvr
sillyspook13
Kenan
dmmgp2000
tampabrad
TimeTrip
RnRCJohn
CrisKennedy
Quicksilver
BwanaBob
IrrawaddyErik
I dont see my name???? Does that mean I havent checked in yet!! :lookaroun

kal1484

hey all, just checking on in.

i decided not to stay at vista, cuz I have a HUGE picture window, so I headed with my boyfriend to St. Cloud, I had gotten off work because of the parks closing. We lost power about 8, and they still don't have any. He has no fence, most the shingles are gone, his 200 yr old oak has nothing but a trunk, and there is aluminum panaling that came down. Went into work early yesterday at 7, after the curfew had been lifted and offered help. Ended up working 7-22. Not to bad though. The park wasn't too bad, except for debris. However, I got the kicks out of two guests. One said "I got a coke at the ONLY STAND OPEN!" well, we had to get them out of storage, and clean them, unless you wanted debris filled coke...The other goes "I cannot believe how messy this park is, the lack of cast members, and that they opened the park late, they do this everyday, what's wrong with today?!" I just kinda laughed it off. Haven't been back to vista yet...but supposedly not to much damage...

Irrawaddy Erik

Made it through the storm ok. Minor scratches on my car. My complex was badly damaged from the storm though. Some apartments look like a bomb went off in them. The power is still not on there. They are giving us another 5 to 6 days before it might be on.

(btw I am back in Louisiana now. Just kind of sad to leave Orlando looking like that.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom