The Magic, The Memories and You! - show photos and more details

Azerin

In some ways it looks better than I expected... at least with the way they have integrated the guests photos and video. I have seen other forms of this type of projection so had some idea of what was possible. I still don't like the whole pictures of guests thing but with everything else I don't hate it as much and might actually watch it once or twice.

What does have me excited is what else they could use this for... they could make HalloWishes and Christmas Wishes 10x better if they used this tech in them (just no guest photos!). I could see them coming up with some stunning combination fireworks/projection shows that would be incredible. If they do this then I guess a year of using it for guest photos is an acceptable cost. I just hope they take the tech and make extensive use of it for other things.

aeroforce101

i hope they keep this running for a long time... if it looks that well on a computer screen its gotta be better in person... i wish i didnt live so far a way from Disney and be unemployed right now

GrumpyFan

Castle projections look INCREDIBLE! They did a fabulous job on this and it far exceeded mine and many others' expectations. Can't wait to see what they use this for in the future.

DaGreatGoofini

I was jealous that DL got the World of Color and we had nothing here at MK, but no more. That was awesome, and seeing the pirates/fire part was wicked cool. :fork:

puntagordabob

I showed my wife the picture below and she said (exact quote): "It looks like It's a Small World threw up on the castle"

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DSCN3916-450x600.jpg
I believe that is the idea.... and at DL this will be projected on their "iasw" facade.....

What does have me excited is what else they could use this for... they could make HalloWishes and Christmas Wishes 10x better if they used this tech in them (just no guest photos!). I could see them coming up with some stunning combination fireworks/projection shows that would be incredible. If they do this then I guess a year of using it for guest photos is an acceptable cost. I just hope they take the tech and make extensive use of it for other things.

I suspect that is their plan... would be a natural extension.

I was jealous that DL got the World of Color and we had nothing here at MK, but no more. That was awesome, and seeing the pirates/fire part was wicked cool. :fork:

Yeah before you jump too high....DL is getting this show (edited for their use of course) projected onto their "iasw" exterior.

imagineer boy

The projections are cool, but the family photos thing still remains pretty dumb.

I agree. Now don't get me wrong, the projections were indeed extremely impressive. But the family photos and videos are very cheesy and made the show feel somewhat self indulgent.

I would however love to see this technology combined with a new fireworks show. That would be awesome.

NewfieFan

Color me impressed! I just watched the video and I was blown away... whether you like strangers pictures or not... the projections and special effects are amazing.

I hope this stays... long after this campaign over! As others have mentioned this could be used in so many different ways!

And yes, I cried at the end! :eek: The projection of Walt did it for me at the end!

Bravo Disney!!! :sohappy:

aladdin2007

Love what I am seeing, wow had no idea it would be like that.

Its funny because they used technology similar to this with last version of IllumiNations in the 90s. The countries, Germany and Canada I remember specifically, had projections like this on their buildings. Germany turned into a gingerbread castle. Anyone else remember? I wish they would bring it back.

devoy1701

I really think this looks great. Also, it doesn't look like we'll ever need to see Castle Cake again because they can make the castle look like anything they want at night now.

redddallas

I agree. Now don't get me wrong, the projections were indeed extremely impressive. But the family photos and videos are very cheesy and made the show feel somewhat self indulgent.

I would however love to see this technology combined with a new fireworks show. That would be awesome.

I second that. The photos cheapen the show. But, I have to admit it still looks cool. Get rid of the photos and it would be awesome.

NYwdwfan

I second that. The photos cheapen the show. But, I have to admit it still looks cool. Get rid of the photos and it would be awesome.

I think that's how they can ensure people stop and look - as if the effects weren't amazing enough - people will be looking to see if they see themselves.

Mickey_777

I too kinda see it as our World of Color since to me it has the same "feel". Does that mean that out in Anaheim they're gonna feel like they have too much of a similar product? Granted the fountains are more impressive than a still castle...

devoy1701

I too kinda see it as our World of Color since to me it has the same "feel". Does that mean that out in Anaheim they're gonna feel like they have too much of a similar product? Granted the fountains are more impressive than a still castle...

They already have a projection system like this on IASW. Granted, the "stage" isn't as profound, but they still have similar shows. I don't know if they're going to be adding guest photos to it though...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom