The Magic, The Memories and You! - show photos and more details

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm all for Disney trying different things......but honesty, I'm not at all impressed with this. Projections of your photos on the castle? Whoop-dee-doo....

I see nothing impressive in those photos.
Try getting a clear image to appear when you are projecting on a rough curved surface from hundreds of feet away some time and you will see what an accomplishment this is. It is not as easy as they make it look.

BrerFrog

I watched the show yesterday because I was working and I can say it was pretty amazing! I did not expect much from it after seeing the video of the tests they were running over on Youtube, so what I saw completely blew me away. It is as if the castle is transforming right in front of your eyes!

DisneyJunkie

Not by much at all....This *has* to be the worst idea since the cake...

Now excuse me while I go throw up.

Except for the throwing up part, I have to agree. Some people seem to be too easily amused, as if they've never seen a photo projected somewhere before. Whether it's on a wall or on the castle, what's the big deal? They really need to be having the Dream Squad back and giving random people special Fastpasses and what-not. That would be better than this big blah of an idea.

bgraham34

The castle looks pretty awesome and I am surprised by the quality of the show, but still not a huge fan. I don't really care to see people I don't know up on the castle.

kcnole

Its much better than I thought it would be, and I can imagine it would be pretty magical to see your picture up there. However, actually having that happen will be fairly rare. I could see this technology really enhancing the fireworks shows by the castle though. I'd love to see the technology retained and to continue to be used in the future.

majorrfb

What makes the World go round

The castle looks pretty awesome and I am surprised by the quality of the show, but still not a huge fan. I don't really care to see people I don't know up on the castle.

Everyone has an opinion. I think the concept is great, interesting and Disney magic. For those who are disappointed they didn't see their image, be happy for the children that did. It has to be a hugh thrill. :wave:

JafarMaleficent

Now that they have shown more images as to what the projection will do on the castle. It looks pretty good compared to the test run a few months back. And I'll get to see it first hand since I'll be arriving today.

I'm going to head over tonight to see it. I've looked at the pictures but I want to see the video in person. Hope to see you there. And hopefully this looks as good as the pics when were actully there.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
After seeing the video I think it's actually well done and a bit more than just flashing pics onto the castle. This opens the door to a number of theming opportunities that won't require the castle to go through a refurb. Possibly instead of having castle lights, the lights are projected onto the castle. The castle can be immediately themed to special ticketed events and a number of holiday themes.

DocMcHulk

I showed my wife the picture below and she said (exact quote): "It looks like It's a Small World threw up on the castle"

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DSCN3916-450x600.jpg

DocMcHulk

After seeing the video I think it's actually well done and a bit more than just flashing pics onto the castle. This opens the door to a number of theming opportunities that won't require the castle to go through a refurb. Possibly instead of having castle lights, the lights are projected onto the castle. The castle can be immediately themed to special ticketed events and a number of holiday themes.

THe lights idea had crossed my mind as well, but I cant see that ever really happening for a few reasons
  • Nothing is as good as the real thing
  • Projector bulbs are VERY exspensive and if they had to light the casle for several hours every night for the entire christma sseason, they would be going through bulbs like crazy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom