The Magic, The Memories and You! - show photos and more details

SoupBone

Would you feel the same if a photo of you or your family was displayed in the show? Just asking...:animwink:

No they wouldn't feel that way. They would be happy because their child was excited to see themselves on the castle. That's what I find funny about all the pessimists here. If they say they wouldn't feel differently, then they are lying. That's why I said it days ago, this show is about all of us (as Disney fans), and not the individual. Disney Imagineers did a great job of incorporating the fans into the show. Overall, this show is a showing of Disney's creative side.

And to those that think this is something they could easily just throw together at their house (like I've seen suggested here), then by all means show us. That show was not as simple as you think it was.

I do have a question in watching the first live show video. What caused the bottom right portion of the castle to look dark? Did someone forget to remove the cover on one of the projectors?

LucyintheSky

I'd watched the video when it first came out, and loved the show (in spite of being a complainer beforehand.) Just saw it tonight in person, and it was AMAZING. The projections are really incredible. Love it.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm impressed at the quality of the projections. I, like many others, could totally live without the pictures of people I don't know. I realize I've only seen the show in a video but the pictures of the people look so small and unrecognizable. Plus, there is a snowballs chance in hell that my picture will ever get up there. First off, I'm not an adorable 4 year old girl who is dressed up like Cinderella and I also haven't used Photo Pass in years. I am, however, very excited about the prospect of what these projections could mean for future shows once this silly promotion is over. I would love to see what this could add to Hallowishes or whatever incarnation of Magic, Music, and Mayhem they come up with next.

jato4x4

I seen this Saturday night, and I have to say it is AWESOME. I was skeptical, but words can not describe how awesome this show is.

Goofnut1980

Well.. I bet you a pair of Mickey Ears we will see them use the projectors for events like MNSSHP and MVMCP... to project things on the castle even more...

skyhawk8519

I saw the show on the 20th, the day after it was released to the public. This was by far the coolest thing Ive seen, and thinking about how difficult it was to create, a huge win for disney! I will say that the show is just amazing as it is, but the pictures of the people are a little cheesy and sometimes akward. I would think the show would be equally amazing without the pictures. Additionally, the pictures are hard to see if you are not right there at the castle, say at the train station?

What an increible show...

Also, it would be surreal if this show transitioned right into Wishes without delay (or the next fireworks show, because as much as I like wishes (I proposed to my wife during that show) its getting repetative!)

Here is a video of the show from right near Partners....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMfudoUmX5E

Captain Hank

I just got back from seeing it tonight. Really awesome! (incidentally, one of the "Let the Memories Begin" commercials just started playing) It's a very, very cool show with some very neat technology, which I can only imagine we'll be seeing more of in the future. it seems that they're not quite up to 100% on the show yet--there seemed to be some times where one or two of the projectors wasn't quite working. I'll chalk it up to having opened about a week ago. It was also a little hard to make out individual photos from where I was--right near Casey's. I'd suggest being right in the hub for this one, if possible.

askmike1

I just got back from seeing it tonight. Really awesome! (incidentally, one of the "Let the Memories Begin" commercials just started playing) It's a very, very cool show with some very neat technology, which I can only imagine we'll be seeing more of in the future. it seems that they're not quite up to 100% on the show yet--there seemed to be some times where one or two of the projectors wasn't quite working. I'll chalk it up to having opened about a week ago. It was also a little hard to make out individual photos from where I was--right near Casey's. I'd suggest being right in the hub for this one, if possible.

Yeah, tonight had a pretty big problem during the time-shadows portion that kept a spot-light on the front of the castle. Luckily it didn't last too long.

devoy1701

This show is really good. The different lighting effects that they do are phenominal. There really are no words that can describe how great some of the effects are. From when it looks like it's colors in with crayons, to when they have it lit like it has spotlights.

My personal favorites are what I'm dubbing the "Tron Castle" (when the castle is outlined in different colored neon lights) and when they make the main turret look like it's blasting off like a rocket. I also love how they insert random characters on the castle at different times in different ride vehicles.

One thing I have to say about the photos is that unless the photo is being displayed on the main screen in the center of the castle, it's very hard to see any of the detail on the picture. Many of supplementary pictures are too small and their sharpness gets lost in the texture of the castle walls. There are also times when the transitions between the cycling pictures seems to "struggle" a bit.

I really was very impressed with this show and can't wait to see how they decide to incorporate this technology into other shows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom