The Magic, The Memories and You! - show photos and more details

docdebbi

da** it, one more thing to fit into my already busy schedule. i had no intention of spending time on this, till i saw the video.............

WDW FTW

I liked the show from the highlights video, watching the full thing i saw some parts that i liked as well, but at around 8:30 mins when they just have the pictures up making the picture snapping sound.... there is the lame factor. But other than that 15secs i loved it

aka_emilicious

Did anyone else notice the green flashes at the beginning of the video? Right around 0:50 or 0:55? I hope they're just working out bugs and its not a problem.

One other thing I noticed is that the photos now have white borders on them, compared to no borders during the press event.

david10225

I liked the show, but honestly, the photos did not add anything for me and were sort of a distraction. I understand the marketing reason though. Two comments:

1. I take it that this show can only be viewed optimally on main street?

2. I hope they don't replace fireworks with the castle show...

David

JustInTime

Did anyone else notice the green flashes at the beginning of the video? Right around 0:50 or 0:55? I hope they're just working out bugs and its not a problem.

One other thing I noticed is that the photos now have white borders on them, compared to no borders during the press event.

I noticed several show changes.

WDW FTW

I liked the show, but honestly, the photos did not add anything for me and were sort of a distraction. I understand the marketing reason though. Two comments:

1. I take it that this show can only be viewed optimally on main street?

2. I hope they don't replace fireworks with the castle show...

David

1, best view would be from main street but they do have side castle projections, but its not as good seeing as many effects would be missing, i would pick your view just like a castle stage show.

2, the castle show is just a preshow to wishes. the fireworks at the end kind of lead up to wishes

Goofnut1980

My question is... Who is the one that gets a slap on the wrist for the first viewing, they forgot to take off the screen cover over by The Plaza Restaurant??? The bottom right side of the castle front is dark and shaded... Did anyone else notice that?

RSoxNo1

That indicates a soul being brought back from the dead.

forevermickey

Oh my goodness this is just amazing, I LOVE it!! It brought tears to my eyes... my daughter's picture was chosen when we emailed it into "The Memories" campaign.... we received an email and legal papers to sign for Disney to possibly use it in some way ...... I wonder if it's being flashed on the castle.. it's so hard to see since the pictures flash so quickly and some are so small.... how cool would that be.. and what an honor.

I love that they put Walt up as the final video/picture, that almost got me going again:cry:

:sohappy: just fabulous!

SwooshOU

Is this listed on the in-park times guide? Is it every night at 7:40PM? I didn't see it on the official site's daily Magic Kingdom calendar.

We want to go this Wednesday night but want to make sure it is indeed a nightly thing.

Thanks.

dreamscometrue

Is this listed on the in-park times guide? Is it every night at 7:40PM? I didn't see it on the official site's daily Magic Kingdom calendar.

We want to go this Wednesday night but want to make sure it is indeed a nightly thing.

Thanks.

Steve Soares posts the park schedules each week, and it is listed as 'daily' at 7:45pm. Just click on 'Magic Kingdom' from his home page and scroll down...it's under Fantasyland. :)

http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

docandsix

That's Amazing.

Surreal and spectacular. Watching the video on YouTube, I couldn't shake the impression that reality was literally being altered before my eyes. I wonder if it translates better on video and is somehow less impressive in person. If it holds up (or is actually even better) when seen live... WOW.

Generally not a fan of "night-time spectaculars," I simply cannot wait to see this show in person and am disappointed that our recent visit just missed its debut.

DiPSU224

I was skeptical at first but I was utterly amazed watching the video. Just watching a video, it made me gasp at least 3 times and of course teared up at the end.

I was on the fence about booking a last minute trip next month for my birthday but that sealed the deal for me. I very badly want to see this in person.

ob1thx1138

Im sorry but this is very cool. My favorite parts were when they transformed the castle to look totally different like the chalk effect and the packages. Also very very cool when they made it look like time was passing. Also did anyone else notice that the fireworks started off as projections on the front of the castle and then lined up with the real fire works. I totally missed that the first time I watched the video.

Frontierland CM

I agree. Now don't get me wrong, the projections were indeed extremely impressive. But the family photos and videos are very cheesy and made the show feel somewhat self indulgent.

I would however love to see this technology combined with a new fireworks show. That would be awesome.

Would you feel the same if a photo of you or your family was displayed in the show? Just asking...:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom