The Magic Of Disney Animation closing?

kpilcher

Disney just confirmed to Local 6 that The Magic of Disney Animation is closing forever after July 12th. Animation Gallery shop closing sometime in late August. They will only say work is underway on a new experience.

roj2323

Disney just confirmed to Local 6 that The Magic of Disney Animation is closing forever after July 12th. Animation Gallery shop closing sometime in late August. They will only say work is underway on a new experience.
I have mixed feelings about this but it's probably for the best. The space has been poorly used for too long and I'm kinda excited to see what they have planned for it.

OliveMcFly

My daughter became an animator/illustrator because of the Animation Studio at MGM. During the Q&A with an animator, she asked how to become one. He told her to study fine arts in college and draw every day. She took his advice and ran with it. She was eleven and drew every day. Now she is 27, has a Master's degree, works at a game company and still draws every day.

I first took the Back Lot Tour when I was 8 years old. I was fascinated with production and knew it's what I wanted to do. Now 33, I've earned a Bachelors in Film and have worked in television and film.
It's one of my fondest memories at this park and if an 8 year old went there today there is no way they would come out with this same feeling. It's a shame they took the studios out of Studios. I'll miss it.

cjk0318

Cast Members in a meeting yesterday morning reported that all Character M&G's inside animation are closing permanently, NOT the building- that is closing for an extensive refurbishment. Mickey & Minnie will have temporary locations outside of Animation, while Hiro & Baymax will never be found again.

The refurb- that I know of- entails of an expanded drawing class, and more photo imaging room for backstage ops.

Magenta Panther

Cast Members in a meeting yesterday morning reported that all Character M&G's inside animation are closing permanently, NOT the building- that is closing for an extensive refurbishment. Mickey & Minnie will have temporary locations outside of Animation, while Hiro & Baymax will never be found again.

The refurb- that I know of- entails of an expanded drawing class, and more photo imaging room for backstage ops.

Thank you! Any news about One Man's Dream?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I've heard of a different purpose for the space. Perhaps there will be an element of both.

RSoxNo1

I would guess they are connecting the RnRC area, the new flex theater and the current Animation Courtyard. This would likely mean that some or all of the Animation building is going away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom