The Magic Of Disney Animation closing?

mm52200

I'm curious on how the artist at the "Animation Academy" have been doing for it's final day?
I visited the building several times this past week, never got to do the drawing class as the line was too long. However, the line for the drawing class was super long even back in May with no sign of the building closing, the place always had a really healthy crowd. I did get to talk to one long time drawing instructor in the building, and it was a very sweet, sad, emotional conversation about how hard it is on all of them and how this building was the reason she became an artist and is working at Walt Disney World. Does anyone know where people like the artists who taught the drawing classes will be relocated or what they could have them end up doing?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I visited the building several times this past week, never got to do the drawing class as the line was too long. However, the line for the drawing class was super long even back in May with no sign of the building closing, the place always had a really healthy crowd. I did get to talk to one long time drawing instructor in the building, and it was a very sweet, sad, emotional conversation about how hard it is on all of them and how this building was the reason she became an artist and is working at Walt Disney World. Does anyone know where people like the artists who taught the drawing classes will be relocated or what they could have them end up doing?
I would be really surprised if the Animation Academy doesn't resurface at some point.

brb1006

Original Poster
I remember taking the Animation Academy during my Senior Trio from late April until the second day of May. She had use draw Woody from Toy Story. The instructor was cute and she wore glasses and was very nice to everyone. She even promised me for her to do a session where she draws Marie from The Aristocats in the future. Looks like this might not be happening.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

Okay, I know there are a lot of Star Wars fans here, and I understand that, but kicking Disney animation out for THAT?

I hope that page is just a lot more speculation, with no basis in actual fact.

Yeah, it's not like Disney animated films are represented everywhere else in Walt Disney World!

TyrantBoss

Mickey says goodbye as they turn off the lights for the last time at the Art of Animation on 7-12-15
ByeMickey.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom