The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

tirian

^^ On an international level, the upcoming Dubai complex won't help WDW much, but it will make travel easier for American Guests.

Dragonrider1227

But what makes it interesting is that each resort has something unique to it that the others don't have. I have never been to Tokyo or Disneyland Paris, but there are plenty of things at WDW that we have exclusively to enjoy. I dont think we should think about what we aren't getting so much as what we are getting and already have.

That said, the Little Mermaid attraction would be welcome at WDW either way.
Indeed, it's nice to see uniqueness, but I don't understand why the Disneyland regulars have to get all bent out of shape because MK is getting the same ride. This is kinda like complaining because two Mcdonalds from across the country have the same menu.
That said, i'd welcome it, you'd welcome it, but it looks like on that blog that there are a lot of people that don't

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Yes but the people who make the final decision are not the ones want exclusivity. I just feel like they are going to want the ride in place at WDW by 2011.

2011 is MK 40th right? its also the year that its said to open at DCA. Could work out well for marketing to do the same thing they're doing with TSMM.

Indeed, it's nice to see uniqueness, but I don't understand why the Disneyland regulars have to get all bent out of shape because MK is getting the same ride. This is kinda like complaining because two Mcdonalds from across the country have the same menu.
That said, i'd welcome it, you'd welcome it, but it looks like on that blog that there are a lot of people that don't

For me (on the first bold) I see nothing wrong with clones, but what makes a clone great! is when there done like Space, TOT, HM, Pirates, FFF/Mermaid Lagoon, Test Track ride system, Small Worlds, Tiki rooms, Splash, Fantasmic, Casey Jr. and Storybooklands to name a few :D but to my point is that they all may share the same name, story and all that good stuff but each are different from each other. With different layouts, show scences, facades, placements in the park and expanding upon where the original may not have done so well.

Recently though with Soarin, TSMM, and what might be Little Mermaid all have been the same ride. Granted all have different facades, queues and such. I think that is what makes some DLR fans mad but I can only speak for myself. :)

Or the new Nemo attractions, both are very similar but have very different ways to experince the attraction. IMO its also not about which resort has the better attraction but keeping them a little unique at each resort after all were all Disney fans no?

2nd bold- :) if you think thats bad theres a DLR fansite that can pretty much bring down any postitve thing at DLR.:eek:

oh wow this has to be the longest post I'v ever posted on WDWmagic:lol::sohappy:

NewfieFan

No you are not. I think you are right up to speed. At least that is how I read it.

Oh and to the person who thinks they can search wiki and google to "solve the riddles" you couldn't be more wrong. This is the place to get the breaking (and accurate) news of future developments at Walt Disney World. We are fortunate that Marni, Lee and Jedi contribute to these boards (and Corrus when the mood hits). I found them to be all very accurate.

Disclaimer---Anything from me is pure rampant speculation :p

Well, I'm glad I'm up to speed on something! Now can someone tell me why my 2 year old won't stop crying...:animwink:

Yes. Mermaid at MK.
The 20K ride system would go somewhere else.

Thank you for clarifying!:wave:

DisneyDellsDude

I believe 20K is going into Animal Kingdom...
I swear I remember reading that on here a few months ago.

Edit: I don't know this info to be fact... I just read about it before.

jt04

I believe 20K is going into Animal Kingdom...
I swear I remember reading that on here a few months ago.

I don't know. I just can't think of where they would locate it unless is was part of a reimagined Beastly Kingdom and was paired with a JTTCOTE and some other Jules Verne type rides that explore the realms of mystical animals. TLS makes more sense to me as the ride system could be turned into a modern exploratory submarine with a scientific story line. Also, TLS needs an E ticket type ride that is more EPCOT-ish. Just my 2 cents.

WDW Monorail

I don't know. I just can't think of where they would locate it unless is was part of a reimagined Beastly Kingdom and was paired with a JTTCOTE and some other Jules Verne type rides that explore the realms of mystical animals. TLS makes more sense to me as the ride system could be turned into a modern exploratory submarine with a scientific story line. Also, TLS needs an E ticket type ride that is more EPCOT-ish. Just my 2 cents.

The bold is the key.

:wave:

DisneyNeighbor

I think jt04 has hit the nail on the head. My guess is that Beastly Kingdom is dead as we know it. And will come back as 20k and other rides to make up a mythical land under the sea. Where camp minnie and mickey now sits.

jt04

I think jt04 has hit the nail on the head. My guess is that Beastly Kingdom is dead as we know it. And will come back as 20k and other rides to make up a mythical land under the sea. Where camp minnie and mickey now sits.

So where would FotLK go? I am sure they would keep it. I can think of a couple locales but wherever it goes I hope they build a truly immersive and 100% themed theater in the round.

goofntink

Easy.
The person who gave me the info has not cleared me to speak in any detail about it.
I'm not trying to be cute. When I get the greenlight to spill my guts, I do.

To backup Lee,Marni,and some others here including myself.There is also a little thing called nondisclosure that I,and others have been made to agree to, and have signed my name to that fact,that does not allow information to be shared until it has been"greenlighted".I enjoy working for Disney and wish to continue doing so.

Enigma

Account Suspended

I believe we may get something lame that uses the ride system from 20k but we aren't getting it WITH a journey to the center of the earth ride.

Look how long it has taken them to finally slowly start the process of redoing star tours. That was supposed to be done 10 years ago and there only doing it now because they have to to attract people away from that Potter boy.

EpcotServo

Oh, no.
The one I'm referring to is for Florida.
Not greenlit, but is part of the current thinking for addition to a certain park.
And by 20K I mean the TDS one, not the wet one.

looks.

looks again.

Faints.

:D

Nyeaaa....I don't think it'll ever happen.
:brick:

jedimaster1227

I believe we may get something lame that uses the ride system from 20k but we aren't getting it WITH a journey to the center of the earth ride.

Look how long it has taken them to finally slowly start the process of redoing star tours. That was supposed to be done 10 years ago and there only doing it now because they have to to attract people away from that Potter boy.

Sorry, but Lee is right on this one. If they do decide to bring over Journey and/or the dry-for-wet 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea dark ride, the systems they respectively employ will be fully replicated, if not updated. If we get another "Journey System" (which is really a "Test Track System"), it will be for Journey.

Once Hollywood Studios is through with its major attention-grabbing projects over the next 5-7 years (while Epcot and Magic Kingdom continue to receive updates and quality refurbs) plans should be ready to start paying more attention towards Animal Kingdom again. They've already got the rides, theme and systems laid out--all they have to do is sign the check, build them up open the gates.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Sorry, but Lee is right on this one. If they do decide to bring over Journey and/or the dry-for-wet 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea dark ride, the systems they respectively employ will be fully replicated, if not updated. If we get another "Journey System" (which is really a "Test Track System"), it will be for Journey.

Once Hollywood Studios is through with its major attention-grabbing projects over the next 5-7 years (while Epcot and Magic Kingdom continue to receive updates and quality refurbs) plans should be ready to start paying more attention towards Animal Kingdom again. They've already got the rides, theme and systems laid out--all they have to do is sign the check, build them up open the gates.

Like the big Imagination refurb everyone was getting all excited about 2 years ago this is not gonna happen sorry.

Okie Mike

I have to wonder how much time 9/11 set theme park additions and refurbs back earlier in the decade? If I remember, leisure travel plummeted for at least 18 months following the disaster causing projects to be shelved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom