The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

anyone?? anyone??

Bueller?? Bueller??

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl that saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night" All from memory, yes i've seen FBDO toooo many times LOL :lookaroun

Anyways, Agreed :wave:

Kungaloosh!!

cblodg

The AC is dead, folks.

The corpse ain't coming back.

I liked it too, but it's gone ... let it go.

this isn't like a person.

The AC closed as part of a "restructuring" project and most people (myself included) feel that it was swept away without a second thought.

You don't hear people asking for other clubs to open again. you know why? They were not really memorable. Sure, we all liked to go to some of them, but the AC was something special.

I too (along with my family) stumbled on the AC. It was back in the late 1990s. I'll never forget my first time there as the Colonel ended up talking to my younger sister, who then said "Do you want to meet my dad?" Of course my father hates being in the spot light and the Colonel picked that up pretty quick, and it was one of the funniest moments I have had.

That's just one of the many stories that I can recall from the AC. I didn't "get" the mailman song the first time I went, but a year or two brings on a lot more understanding and I could laugh right along with the rest of the crowd.

The characters are unforgetable, the club is unforgetable.

Up or Down, North, South, East or West an Adventurer's Life is Best!

KUNGALOOSH!

hardcard

last new thing i saw were the new chains that are stretched across the stairs to prevent people from going up to the doors anymore..

I would think that we'll see permits for demo work or whatever soon (within the next 6 to 8 weeks that is)

chaggy102

and I was able to buy a copy of the House of Wong Check, the five cups and one of the Menu's but that's the only news I can relate to. I'm still writing letters and refuse to give up until the day when I leave work and walk across the bridge and see them taking the club down.

CaptainMichael

I just got a House of Wong check. I also got a Colonel Cup. After being disappointed by 2 people regarding cups, someone came through.

I'm still waiting for my watch and menu to be shipped. I think I may send a message soon about it.

Captain Hank

I ended up getting a full set of cups on ebay. The seller took a really long time, but they came through. I finally ended up also getting a Comedy Warehouse cup on ebay--really haven't seen too many of those around.

maggiegrace1

I have debated back and forth on selling my AC stuff but still am not certain what to do.

I do not want to overprice things and on ebay they are all different prices and I have no clue what good prices are for these items.

chaggy102

I have debated back and forth on selling my AC stuff but still am not certain what to do.

I do not want to overprice things and on ebay they are all different prices and I have no clue what good prices are for these items.

What kind of stuff do you have...I know I might want to take a few things off your hands if you were thinking of selling.

Captain Hank

I'm a little surprised (and saddened) to see an AC patch from Emil's costume and one of Graves' AC logo pins on ebay. They're not going for much now...let's see how long that lasts.

Mr.EPCOT

I possibly have a bit of an update: I believe I saw one of the blonde maids playing Martha Mae Whovier in the How the Grinch Stole Christmas show at Islands of Adventure.

chaggy102

Yeah that is sad to see that patch online...would have expected that to be a MouseSurplus thing. Still hard to believe it's been 2.5 months isn't it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom