The Hometown Rivalry. Even Meg Crofton was impressed by Potter.

captainkidd

It has everything to do with Disney! This isn't just another Bush Gardens coaster, this is a major attraction that many would agree is better than any of the offerings currently at WDW therefor major competition for WDW.

Universal has always been competition for Disney. So has Sea World. They both have their own forums. I just don't see why this is any different.

When the Fantasyland Expansion is complete, do you suppose we'll see a dozen threads pop up on the Universal forum about how it's affecting Islands of Adventure?

T-1MILLION

I gotta g with Pumbas Nakasak on this one. You asked for it when coming into a thread and complaining when the conversation was relative to the title of the thread.

Certain topics may have been discussed before but you can't expect people to not want to discuss it anymore just because you don't are are tired of seeing it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
QUOTE=imagineer boy;4406420]It has everything to do with Disney! This isn't just another Bush Gardens coaster, this is a major attraction that many would agree is better than any of the offerings currently at WDW therefor major competition for WDW.[/QUOTE]

I think you will find thats probably the real issue. Make it go away.......
129169385995088776.jpg

imagineer boy

Like any other message board you frequent, it's annoying seeing the same topic posted over and over. It's like seeing 6 different threads about the latest bus accident at WDW. I would think 1 would be enough.

That's because HP is worthy of six threads and even more. Its one of the most immersive, ground breaking, and amazing attractions ever built.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Like any other message board you frequent, it's annoying seeing the same topic posted over and over. It's like seeing 6 different threads about the latest bus accident at WDW. I would think 1 would be enough.

You could make the same argument for practically any discussion around here. Nothing compels any individual to jump in the discussions however....

captainkidd

I gotta g with Pumbas Nakasak on this one. You asked for it when coming into a thread and complaining when the conversation was relative to the title of the thread.

Certain topics may have been discussed before but you can't expect people to not want to discuss it anymore just because you don't are are tired of seeing it.

I'm simply saying that I think Harry Potter topics should be held in the Universal Forum. I don't expect people to stop talking about it. But when I come to the WDW Rumors forum, I want to read about WDW rumors, not Harry Potter news.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm simply saying that I think Harry Potter topics should be held in the Universal Forum. I don't expect people to stop talking about it. But when I come to the WDW Rumors forum, I want to read about WDW rumors, not Harry Potter news.

Well, you could hope that a rumor about Meg Crofton actually looking to improve the offerings at WDW in wake of her Potter visit would come up, but that's a "if wishes were horses" scenario, I'm afraid.....

T-1MILLION

Again, you clicked on the thread...no one made you enter it. Sorry man I am not saying you are wrong about how tiring things can get but you are losing this one. There are many other news and rumors threads to choose from.

This is how bad Disney needs to actually do something. But that quote sums it up best in the article. They are just fine without doing a thing in comparison to what they used to.

captainkidd

I wouldnt have thought so given that there is so little for the under 8s to do at IOA

There's actually more there than at some of the Disney parks. We practically had to drag our 4 year old twins out of Seuss Landing after 2 hours.

As I said, I'm a big fan of Universal. The parks and resorts are great. I just don't see the point of having different forums if we're not going to post there.

Anyone want to know what I had for dinner last night?

captainkidd

Again, you clicked on the thread...no one made you enter it. Sorry man I am not saying you are wrong about how tiring things can get but you are losing this one. There are many other news and rumors threads to choose from.

No doubt, and in these cases, I'm usually the exact opposite. If you don't like it, don't read it. Guess I'm just Potter'd out.

T-1MILLION

There's actually more there than at some of the Disney parks. We practically had to drag our 4 year old twins out of Seuss Landing after 2 hours.

As I said, I'm a big fan of Universal. The parks and resorts are great. I just don't see the point of having different forums if we're not going to post there.

Not sure on this but Pumbas is the master of sarcasm, the internet, not always the best at conveying it. Pretty sure that was mockery of people who feel there is nothing for their kids at IOA.

captainkidd

Well, you could hope that a rumor about Meg Crofton actually looking to improve the offerings at WDW in wake of her Potter visit would come up, but that's a "if wishes were horses" scenario, I'm afraid.....

I've just accepted that nothing significant will improve at Disney as long as she's in charge. She's either too cheap or simply too out of touch to know what the public wants.

Pumbas Nakasak

Some of us do.

And Ive just had steak.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've just accepted that nothing significant will improve at Disney as long as she's in charge. She's either too cheap or simply too out of touch to know what the public wants.

She is thus, according to The Bard:

"Sense sure you have, else could you not have motion; but sure that sense is apoplex'd"

Pumbas Nakasak

Not familiar with the establishment but thanks to Google.....

Dead animal on a plate simply wonderful, looks like my sort of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom