The Hometown Rivalry. Even Meg Crofton was impressed by Potter.

PalisadesPkteer

As anything else one could mention. I LOVED the Butter Beer. I tried both the regular and the frozen. Liked both. It will not be everyone's cup of tea and that is OK.

Have a feeling that Uni will expand WWoHP into the Lost Continent area.

Been wondering which franchises are available for when Uni drops Marvel.

1. Hanna Barbera
2. Filmation (yea, I know. They are gone but use the characters.)
3. Jay Ward (Rocky & Bullwinkle etc.)
4. Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse)
5. Archies
6. Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds, Fireball XL-5)
7.Warner Brothers (Bugs Bunny etc.)
8. DC comic characters
9. Tex Avery
10. UPA (Mr Magoo)
11. Harvey comics (Casper?)

Etc.

flavious27

As anything else one could mention. I LOVED the Butter Beer. I tried both the regular and the frozen. Liked both. It will not be everyone's cup of tea and that is OK.

1. Hanna Barbera
5. Archies
8. DC comic characters
9. Tex Avery
10. UPA (Mr Magoo)

Etc.

I would love to see archie drive through IOA in his jalopy and the kids leave in horror.

fosse76

1. Hanna Barbera
5. Archies
8. DC comic characters
9. Tex Avery
10. UPA (Mr Magoo)

Etc.

Warner Bros. and DC Comic characters are held by Six Flags (I think Hanna Barabara, too, but is licensed out to other parks as well). However, as Six Flags doesn't have any parks in Florida, and has no intention of entering the Orlando market, it is conceivable that Universal COULD get the rights for Florida. However, we now know that Universal has exclusive rights to Marvel and Disney can't touch them. Unless Disney makes a substantial financial offer to Universal, Marvel at Universal isn't going anywhere.

RSoxNo1

Now we just need national papers to start criticizing Disney for not repairing the Yeti, and there may be some action on that front.

flavious27

Warner Bros. and DC Comic characters are held by Six Flags (I think Hanna Barabara, too, but is licensed out to other parks as well). However, as Six Flags doesn't have any parks in Florida, and has no intention of entering the Orlando market, it is conceivable that Universal COULD get the rights for Florida. However, we now know that Universal has exclusive rights to Marvel and Disney can't touch them. Unless Disney makes a substantial financial offer to Universal, Marvel at Universal isn't going anywhere.

americanpie_news_thumb.jpg

Well they own the rights to this movie series, they could have a bunch of restaurants made (hot dog stand, pie shop) and a lacrosse simulator ride. I bet Michigan would pay for it.

Chef Mickey

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Universal struggled a long time and Disney has held up over time. Congrats on HP, but it's not going to take down a giant.

Disney needs to step up their game, but the big boys can't post 36% increases in attendance as easily because so many more people visit.

If I have 10 customers and get 10 more, that's 100% increase. If I have 10,000 customers and get 1,000 more, it's only 10%. There is so much more that goes into this analysis.

This recent success of Universal doesn't right the wrongs of yesterday. In 2009, Universal had a 20% drop in attendance while Disney was at 1-2%.

All I'm saying is, not so fast.

Alektronic

Here is Disney's official response to Harry Potter, or what a CM is supposed to say if asked:

Guest: "Is the expansion of Fantasyland your way of responding to Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

CM: No. We always have and always will look for ways to give our guests the best possible experience and the Fantasyland expansion is a perfect example.

imagineer boy

Here is Disney's official response to Harry Potter, or what a CM is supposed to say if asked:

Guest: "Is the expansion of Fantasyland your way of responding to Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter?"

CM: No. We always have and always will look for ways to give our guests the best possible experience and the Fantasyland expansion is a perfect example.

*cough*BS*cough*

:lol:

T-1MILLION

*cough*BS*cough*

:lol:

Yeah, they also call Under New Management an exciting attraction. PR is PR.

They still line up to me for the most part, not that it is a bad thing but I can't deny.

One big new dark ride

One neat themed resturant experience with an adajacent tavern

One rethemed Jr Coaster

and more more thrilling themed coaster.(although not intense as far as the snow white one goes)

The only real changed that switch things up was the news of seven dawrf's mine ride, but since we are losing one Snow White Ride for another its kind of iffy to many people.

People are going to have preferences for what they enjoy going both ways for both parks. But they still seem to line up to me.

flavious27

That is going to be the hardest thing to say with a straight face and I worked for a bank in customer service.

WDW FTW

The harry potter world is great and i plan to go as soon as i make a trip down there, i havent gone to universal since 2 disney trips ago, but we usually spend a day there because its really fun. But do i think Harry Potter will take away from WDW? No i do not it will draw in people just a disney does for univ. Though they compete, they both share a good number of visitors. The Wizarding World only added 1 new ride, the really cool hogwarts exploration, the other rides were renamed/ slightly rethemed. They did add alot of shops and a whole new envirornment but i don't think it makes Univ a multi day experience. If we can get onto HP castle then grab some butterbeer and get out itll be a mission accomplished. Seeing as we usually get on hulk around 3 times a trip. Huge Harry Potter Fan, went to the midnight premier to the newest movie. But i think both additions will only increase the population of both, not steal any

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom