The General's Call to Arms: Epcot's future -- SAVE THE EARTH!

Although Soarin' will be exiting, what are the worst ways it can influence the Land?

• Kabaret Theatre replaced by queue or gift shop.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Sunshine Season Food Fair removed.

Votes: 53 31.9%
  • Atmosphere removed with hustle and bustle.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • Soarin' over California doesn't match the Land.

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Aviation and air doesn't match the Land; symbiosis themes take priority.

Votes: 31 18.7%
  • The last peaceful pavilion will be lost.

Votes: 46 27.7%
  • There is nothing wrong.

Votes: 37 22.3%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

Bill

Account Suspended
You just wait and see. LOL. For the vast MAJORITY of people, one ride on Mission: SPACE is enough to last a lifetime.

General Grizz

Original Poster
MKCP 1986 said:
As people bypass the obsolete, if new attractions are NOT introduced and the park is left with foreign country pavilions and restaurants, and relaxing gardens, that alone will not sustain the park over the long haul.

And I don't want anyone to think I disagree with that.

ToTBellHop

MKCP 1986 said:
Nice pun. (but you miss my point. I think I am actually kind of on your side here.)

As the original Future World attractions become outdated, and make no mistake, they have in the past become outdated. Even now, SSE is in a world of trouble with first time riders and the whole "let's see if it can be made into a roller coaster" talk was borne from the notion that it is broke and needs a fix. Ditto Living Seas and Energy. Hello Nemo and . . . Ellen?

As people bypass the obsolete, if new attractions are NOT introduced and the park is left with foreign country pavilions and restaurants, and relaxing gardens, that alone will not sustain the park over the long haul. Hence the reference to Cypress Gardens. Add Marineland to that, if you'd like. In order to boost the attendance and keep the doors open, the Mission:Space and the Soarin' type attractions are needed.

Melodrama? Not really.
Well, in that case, I agree with you. It is the problem with calling Future World "Future World", and the reason it's name will likely change soon. The future does not work.

The_CEO

Bill said:
Bingo CEO, you hit the nail on the head. Since I haven't had the pleasure to ride Soarin' yet, I won't take a stand. But once you've done Mission: SPACE, you've done it. Not something I'd go back to Epcot for.

That would explain why I was bored during the ride.. I knew what was gonna happen. Even spiderman I know the effects by heart, but it all seems more real because it mixes so many elements.

ToTBellHop

Bill said:
You just wait and see. LOL. For the vast MAJORITY of people, one ride on Mission: SPACE is enough to last a lifetime.
Right, and that's why most people get off and say "that was great, let's ride again" lol. Do you listen to people when they get off Mission: SPACE? The vast rise in attendance at Epcot would suggest people are coming back again and again to ride Mission: SPACE (it's a larger increase than the other Theme Parks are seeing).

General Grizz

Original Poster
ISTCNavigator57 said:
Right, and that's why most people get off and say "that was great, let's ride again" lol. Do you listen to people when they get off Mission: SPACE?

But that's what was said back in 1989 upon the release of "Body Wars." Body Wars dwindled, but something like Journey into Imagination lived on. . . and on. . .

And just as Body Wars was the first simulator (unless it was Star Tours; nonetheless, if so, it was practically the first), Mission Space is the first simulator of this kind.

Bill

Account Suspended
ISTCNavigator57 said:
Right, and that's why most people get off and say "that was great, let's ride again" lol. Do you listen to people when they get off Mission: SPACE? The vast rise in attendance at Epcot would suggest people are coming back again and again to ride Mission: SPACE (it's a larger increase than the other Theme Parks are seeing).
As a matter of fact, I have, and the VAST MAJORITY don't want to ride again. Many are sick afterwards. Many say once is enough. I've actually NEVER heard ANYONE say they wanted to ride again. Most people are tired out afterwards and have a headache.

ToTBellHop

Body Wars became less popular because it never changed. Mission: SPACE is specifically designed so that when guests want to see something new, they can change the mission on this ride (8-10 years down the road, maybe) to keep it fresh.

ToTBellHop

Bill said:
As a matter of fact, I have, and the VAST MAJORITY don't want to ride again. Many are sick afterwards. Many say once is enough. I've actually NEVER heard ANYONE say they wanted to ride again. Most people are tired out afterwards and have a headache.
maybe you are deaf or hallucinating. Very few people get sick on Mission: SPACE. You've been reading a little too much Jim Hill.

The_CEO

I have to beg my family to take ONE ride with me. Always results in crabby moods afterwards. Don't get me wrong, its one heck of a spinning experience. But I'd rather wait my 60 minutes on a better thrill.

MKCP 1985

General Grizz said:
And I don't want anyone to think I disagree with that.

. . . and I completely agree with your contention that the Land's food court is very appealing and is an area of the pavilion that should be preserved!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Bill

Account Suspended
Just like Star Tours, right?!!?

LOL, seriously, change the move all you want man, it will raise attendance for maybe 6 months, after that, it will go way back down again. Look at Star Tours. Built with what, 6 pods?

Now we have 5 minutes waits when we just use 2 of them...

ToTBellHop

In my 70+ rides on Mission: SPACE, I have never seen anyone get sick on it, and I have seen crowds of guests exiting this ride with kids cheering.

Star Tours is 15 freakin years old. It obviously needs changes. If Mission: SPACE is the same ride in 15 years, I won't be riding it more than once per trip, either.

Bill

Account Suspended
ISTCNavigator57 said:
maybe you are deaf or hallucinating. Very few people get sick on Mission: SPACE. You've been reading a little too much Jim Hill.
You don't call me DEAF and get away with it.

*sprays water on idiot*

simmer down child! :lol:

No, it appears that I'm not alone. Many, many people don't like to ride Space over and over. Once is great. People kinda love it... but not enough to do it again.

ToTBellHop

Because they got sick of a small minority of guests who throw up in the centrifuges causing them to have to shut the entire ride down to clean. Guests throw up on the Tea Cups, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Buzz Lightyear, too. They just happen to be easier to clean.

And Bill, why don't you go cheat on a wallpaper contest or something?

The_CEO

Grizz how much space is there inside the WOL Pavillion, Body Wars etc, if cleared could a better Pav be built in it's place with a decent ride inside?

The_CEO

ISTCNavigator57 said:
Because they got sick of a small minority of guests who throw up in the centrifuges causing them to have to shut the entire ride down to clean. Guests throw up on the Tea Cups, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, and Buzz Lightyear, too. They just happen to be easier to clean.

And Bill, why don't you go cheat on a wallpaper contest or something?

I thought it was funny how the last time I went on M:S the bad holder was empty.. No bags.:lol:

Bill

Account Suspended
ISTCNavigator57 said:

In the words of Sean Connery on Celeberity Jeopardy:
"Boy, you might be legally retarded!" :lol:

No one gets that sick on those rides, except the Tea Cups. But not like Space. I mean, Buzz Lightyear? What the heck are you thinking? LOL.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I've seen that, too. People probably hoard them to sell them on eBay. That and the little 13 year olds think it's "cool" to take them as a souvenir ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom