The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

Mike S

You are pretty much 100% misinterpreting what I am in a huff about. I'm not in a huff that we're so often hearing about parks other than WDW, but that we seem to be only hearing about those parks and nothing great about WDW. I'm not speaking for anyone else but me. I just wish to hear news about WDW once in a while...well good news that is, not just the this and that attraction are shutting down as of this and that date with no real info on anything at all replacing them other than speculation.
You should talk to the Walt Disney Company about that. Spirit is just giving the news. Don't shoot the messenger and all that.

Mike S

When did I ever shoot the messenger. I never did any such thing.
You did say he should take it to a different subforum since it's mostly about the other parks. Not really shooting per say but it was the first thing that came to my mind. I'm just as upset as you are that we don't get great news about WDW but that's how TDO is. Very dark times for WDW fans.

Stevek

You are pretty much 100% misinterpreting what I am in a huff about. I'm not in a huff that we're so often hearing about parks other than WDW, but that we seem to be only hearing about those parks and nothing great about WDW. I'm not speaking for anyone else but me. I just wish to hear news about WDW once in a while...well good news that is, not just the this and that attraction are shutting down as of this and that date with no real info on anything at all replacing them other than speculation.
Apologies if I mis-understood as multiple people complained about this thread talking about other parks and not WDW. I'm sure that if there was any new news, and there continues to be rumblings about Star Wars, somebody, possible WDW1974, would let us know. Right now, the action appears to be around DL and the new park so it's likely that's all we'll hear about for a bit. Hope I'm wrong and something great comes to WDW soon but guessing that won't be announced until next year.

Beholder

@ABQ, I agree, in terms of "overall" news, WDW gets the short end. I appreciate all news Disney, but I keep waiting for the day when we get the "Star Wars (or whatever you're waiting for) has been green lit and is a go!" news.

crispy

Better than the Barnes n Noble meet and greet?

Barnes-and-Noble-Frozen-Characters-11.jpg

I think not.

:)

Oh dear!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Maybe we should convince the OLC to purchase WDW.

I rather someone at Disney got control of the Company and poached some Ops and Finance executives from OLC. That or find like minded execs here in the US. There should be pride and accountability for the work being done in TWDC owned parks. Simply squeezing money out of these parks won't work forever, or at least not as well as just giving people a product that is far superior to the competitors... Like they used to.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
You aren't the only one. The property bubble in China is troubling to a lot of people around the world. Shanghai Disneyland and Disney's financial exposure because of it could be a drop in the bucket compared to what the bubble will do to the global economy when it pops.

And bubbles always pop. Even for Communists.

Quick let's leverage everything and double down so when it pops we really make it a s*** show! Where's Dick Fuld?

Shh! Let 'em think that. It will keep them away from the "little locals-only park" and lower the traffic on Harbor Blvd.

And yeah, Frozen isn't nearly as big at Disneyland as it is in Orlando. That's why they are transforming Disney 365 into a Frozen exclusive makeover pavilion, shoehorning ice skating and sing-along shows into the Hollywoodland backlot in a panic, and why this is what you find at the end of Main Street USA every morning as the Frozen meet n' greet line begins to snake into Fantasyland. ;)

Frozen Wait Time - 3 Hours (That can't be right, the Castle is so small! And why are people talking in foreign languages?!)
i-j7GLZ8Q-M.png

Forget about the tiny Castle and the foreigners, where the heck are all the ECV's?!?

When did they grow all those trees? Rip em out and pave it! Don't you know it ain't paradise until you pave paradise and put up a parking lot, err 'hub'.

mgpan

that's a very good point... but if Maelstrom isn't considered a popular attraction, then I wonder why it is/was in tier 1 of FP+ attractions (along with only Soarin' and Test Track)

Because what other rides are you gonna pick from, especially as a Tier 1 that wouldn't make you laugh at the absurdity of listing it as a tier 1.

spaceghost

Just to chime in about Frozen's popularity - Just got back from GenCon in Indianapolis over the weekend. Saturday was cosplay day, including the very popular cosplay contest. In the contest, there were at least 3 entries that were Frozen related (I want to say there may have been a fourth too). I truly wasn't expecting that from this particular crowd, and there weren't any other Disney characters that I can recall (well other than Marvel and Star Wars ones, of course). So yeah, it's still popular, and not just with the kiddos.

PeterAlt

Attention WDW patrons, all planned plans for work on a Frozen attraction at our US theme parks, at this time, have themselves been frozen. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you or your traveling party. We hope this situation will thaw out in a timely manner so we can once again plan on the planning of attractions that will never get green-lit and eventually frozen. Have a great day! - Walt Disney Imagineering, Antartica Branch

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sounds like Mermaid Lagoon in DisneySea - just a few kids rides and a store indoors, can't have cost that much money, and yet... is completely magical, hyper-themed and transports you Under the Sea way more than the dark ride does. An ice palace in MK on the scale of Triton's kingdom would be amazing, and if they put their minds to it (and hired the builders Universal use) they could have it up and running within a year, while the Frozen iron is still hot (or should that be cold?).

The way Mermaid Lagoon transports you 'under the sea' would so work for a kingdom set in snow and ice. BTW, ML has more than a few kids rides and a store. There is a large theater show that was just reworked (it was closed when I visited, but heard the original was an E-Ticket experience) and a large QSR all inside as well.

What Disney is doing with Frozen on both coasts is cheap and lazy.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Especially Pocahontas IMO. Watched it on TV for the first time since I was a kid last night. Easily the worst one of the bunch, I even enjoy Mulan more. Again, just my opinion.

And without (hopefully) having this debate again, I'll simply state that I think Pocahontas was a wonderful (if too short film) with amazing visuals and music. I'll take ANY 1990s WDFA creation over Frozen. I think they are all better. Really.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom is obviously the best possible location for Frozen but how would you feel about TpfkatDMGMS? It could certainly use the help from this kind of addition.

What I think really doesn't matter on this subject. In the mess that is TPFKaTD-MGMS and soon to be TPFKaDHS as well, you can drop anything in and it will fly to some degree.

But the far reaches of Fantasyland is where this belongs.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I think this is going to end up being on the catastrophic side of things. I know very little about this, but what little I do leads me to believe this kind of artificial economy building, on this scale, will end very bad.

Well it didn't end very well here...and depending on who you ask, the effects are still being felt. I can't imagine how badly it'll pop there... It's not going to be pretty.

Elsa: The E! True Life Story
After years of lonely existence in here Ice Castle, Elsa truly "Let it Go" and succumb to an addiction to the one thing that flourished in her home...Klondike Bars, Haagen Daz and Ben & Jerry's. Meanwhile, her once good friend Olaf, fearing another attack from Elsa's Ice Monster, developed his own addiction...this time to HGH resulting in what can only be described as Barry Bonds like growth.

And here I am, all naive, thinking she was just on steroids for some medical issue or maybe allergic to reindeer and is having a reaction.

You sir are downright cruel and now I want a Klondike and it's completely your fault. :joyfull:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Frozen is neither better nor worse than ANY if the 1990s films. The film is JUST as good as all of them, just in 3D animation. It's just as good as Tangled!

The only reason people are starting to hate Frozen is because it SOOOMEhow got overly popular.. Like.. To the point where it's annoying.

The movie is not bad. The movie is not annoying. The movie has done nothing wrong. Disney has done nothing wrong. It's just the popularity it received.

I love the Frozen movie just as much as I would any other Disney princess classic. I never understood the random popularity blast though.

jdmdisney99

What I think really doesn't matter on this subject. In the mess that is TPFKaTD-MGMS and soon to be TPFKaDHS as well, you can drop anything in and it will fly to some degree.

But the far reaches of Fantasyland is where this belongs.
Would an indoor mini-land work behind Belle's Village? I just thought they could try something like that due to the fireworks fallout. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom