The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Didnt mention DCA either. My DL friends tell me Frozen isnt as huge there as it is at WDW. Then again, WDW is a international tourist destination. DCA is not.

Talking DCA. And Frozen is huge in Anaheim (and globally). It's not just a O-Town phenomenon.

And while WDW is certainly a greater international tourist destination, you're falling into the fallacy that DLR is a locals park. DL/DCA are HUGE international destinations.

TP2000

The more I read about the far-reaching consequences of the property bubble in Mainland China (not just with regard to Shanghai Disneyland, or even just in Shanghai), the more I am concerned about the construction of this project.

You aren't the only one. The property bubble in China is troubling to a lot of people around the world. Shanghai Disneyland and Disney's financial exposure because of it could be a drop in the bucket compared to what the bubble will do to the global economy when it pops.

And bubbles always pop. Even for Communists.

WDW1974

Original Poster
If that is the case the whole thread needs to be moved or shut down, as the OP was mostly about Frozen being added to multiple parks worldwide. DCA included. The Maelstrom rumors was mention almost in passing. I'd expect discussion on any and all parks mentioned in the OP.
I only can speak to WDW though because I nearly never make it to Cali, and likely never will make it overseas.

I bridged this thread to discuss what Disney was doing with Frozen globally. Most of my discussions are big picture stuff because WDW doesn't exist in a bubble (even if some of its visitors live in them). I wasn't going to start five different threads.

I do think the majority of confusion and forum angst on this site could be avoided on ANY thread if people just read the first 2-3 pages of any thread (maybe 4-5 if it is a long one) before joining in. People would know exactly what was being discussed.

TP2000

Talking DCA. And Frozen is huge in Anaheim (and globally). It's not just a O-Town phenomenon.

And while WDW is certainly a greater international tourist destination, you're falling into the fallacy that DLR is a locals park. DL/DCA are HUGE international destinations.

Shh! Let 'em think that. It will keep them away from the "little locals-only park" and lower the traffic on Harbor Blvd.

And yeah, Frozen isn't nearly as big at Disneyland as it is in Orlando. That's why they are transforming Disney 365 into a Frozen exclusive makeover pavilion, shoehorning ice skating and sing-along shows into the Hollywoodland backlot in a panic, and why this is what you find at the end of Main Street USA every morning as the Frozen meet n' greet line begins to snake into Fantasyland. ;)

Frozen Wait Time - 3 Hours (That can't be right, the Castle is so small! And why are people talking in foreign languages?!)
i-j7GLZ8Q-M.png

Forget about the tiny Castle and the foreigners, where the heck are all the ECV's?!?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I bridged this thread to discuss what Disney was doing with Frozen globally. Most of my discussions are big picture stuff because WDW doesn't exist in a bubble (even if some of its visitors live in them). I wasn't going to start five different threads.

I do think the majority of confusion and forum angst on this site could be avoided on ANY thread if people just read the first 2-3 pages of any thread (maybe 4-5 if it is a long one) before joining in. People would know exactly what was being discussed.
I totally agree with this. The post you made was clearly about the global implications of the attraction(s), if you can call them that. It's easy for folks to assume we're discussing only WDW, but that is not what this thread was about, and was barely mentioned at all until you addressed it a few pages into the thread.

The only question I have, which you may or may not be able to answer, is are these cheaply put together, rushed "attractions" going to be placeholders until a fully developed and funded set of real attractions are designed and built, or is this currently the only plan to integrate Frozen into the global parks?

BrianLo

I am not sure this affects anyone here beyond @Lee and @WDWFigment as I don't think anyone else will go for the opening. Hell, I'd bet that 99.4% of all here will never go ...

+1... well not opening but Jan 2016, no desire to go anywhere for an actual opening.

But my assumption that it would inevitably be delayed is panning out. Guess it's back to a May/June graduation trip. I assume that's a safe bet, can't see it being more than 6 months delayed no matter how dire the situation. If it is then no Shanghai Disney for me. :oops:

Last edited:

Mike S

Shh! Let 'em think that. It will keep them away from the "little locals-only park" and lower the traffic on Harbor Blvd.

And yeah, Frozen isn't nearly as big at Disneyland as it is in Orlando. That's why they are transforming Disney 365 into a Frozen exclusive makeover pavilion, shoehorning ice skating and sing-along shows into the Hollywoodland backlot in a panic, and why this is what you find at the end of Main Street USA every morning as the Frozen meet n' greet line begins to snake into Fantasyland. ;)

Frozen Wait Time - 3 Hours (That can't be right, the Castle is so small! And why are people talking in foreign languages?!)
i-j7GLZ8Q-M.png

Forget about the tiny Castle and the foreigners, where the heck are all the ECV's?!?
And what are all those trees doing in the hub?!?!?! They ruin the view of the castle!!!!!!!!!

DisneyRoy

I'm not speaking of the parks. I'm talking about EVERYWHERE. You can't go anywhere without hearing "Let It Go", ABC is running TV specials and putting the characters into Once Upon a Time, county fairs have knock off Anna and Elsas, etc.

In fact we went to the Erie county fair outside of Buffalo, NY this year and they in fact did have an Anna & Elsa M&G. And let me tell you...they looked 1000x better (more like the characters) than any of the pictures I have seen of the "real" ones at MK.

Mike S

In fact we went to the Erie county fair outside of Buffalo, NY this year and they in fact did have an Anna & Elsa M&G. And let me tell you...they looked 1000x better (more like the characters) than any of the pictures I have seen of the "real" ones at MK.
Pics?

Mike S

Since I am discussing the Micechat Frozen comments, I'll tackle a few other things they brought out today.

They totally nailed the entrance for Star Wars Land in the newly configured DL of .... who knows? 2022 at this rate. I had been told there were concepts where the ranch area remains, but it appears that post Diagon Alley, Staggs and Co. decided on the larger, grander plans. As to when we'll see any of it ... yeah ...

The news on Shanghai isn't good, but it is accurate. When discussing my frustration with not being able to make plans for the opening next year with a trusted source, I was told to ''head somewhere other than Shanghai unless you want to see an unopened resort under construction in constant chaos'' ... I don't feel comfortable saying much more other than there is no way this doesn't open before Iger and His Ego leave Disney in 22 months. Yet, 2015 is off the table and my source's best guess is a rushed March or April opening with many things not finished. I am not sure this affects anyone here beyond @Lee and @WDWFigment as I don't think anyone else will go for the opening. Hell, I'd bet that 99.4% of all here will never go ...

Did anything surprise me from Dusty and Co?

The idea that Disney's Marvel RnRC concept for Paris is being floated in Anaheim is something I haven't heard about, but really it shouldn't be. It's a cheap, fast answer to adding Marvel and adding thrills. So, yeah, it will probably happen ... again ... maybe by 2020?

And a new MuppetVision? That's totally news to me. If they are going to stay, then they need a new show and not a film that's been playing at WDW since 1991 and at DCA since 2001.
Nice to hear about them going with bigger plans for Star Wars at DL, does this carry over to the park soon to be formerly known as DHS as well? About Marvel, I feel like they're being lazy with its implementation in the parks. An Iron Man ride in HKDL that's basically their version of Star Tours and now a rumored makeover of Paris's RnRC and a clone of that for DCA. Can they not come up with something better?

GiveMeTheMusic

Stevek

Meh, I'm sick of nothing but news from Anasleim and Asia, give me WDW news, that's why I come to WDW Magic, not for what's going to happen in Tokyo or maybe Shanghai one day or even France. Don't care, there's a sub forum here for those places, but not this section.

Are we really in a huff about this again? Pretty easy to just avoid the thread if it bothers you that much. I'm a Disneyland local who comes here for both WDW and DL news and there are a billion threads that are pretty much specific to WDW. And quite honestly, if you come to a @WDW1974 thread you pretty much know that either right from the start or somewhere along the way, the topic will cover many different things. Many which have nothing to do with Disney or their theme parks. He addressed the rationale for posting it here, not sure why people continue to beat the dead horse.

Maybe it would make everyone happy if there was just a WDW1974 sub-forum where he could post whatever he wanted without offending the WDW only fanbois?

ABQ

Are we really in a huff about this again? Pretty easy to just avoid the thread if it bothers you that much. I'm a Disneyland local who comes here for both WDW and DL news and there are a billion threads that are pretty much specific to WDW. And quite honestly, if you come to a @WDW1974 thread you pretty much know that either right from the start or somewhere along the way, the topic will cover many different things. Many which have nothing to do with Disney or their theme parks. He addressed the rationale for posting it here, not sure why people continue to beat the dead horse.

Maybe it would make everyone happy if there was just a WDW1974 sub-forum where he could post whatever he wanted without offending the WDW only fanbois?
You are pretty much 100% misinterpreting what I am in a huff about. I'm not in a huff that we're so often hearing about parks other than WDW, but that we seem to be only hearing about those parks and nothing great about WDW. I'm not speaking for anyone else but me. I just wish to hear news about WDW once in a while...well good news that is, not just the this and that attraction are shutting down as of this and that date with no real info on anything at all replacing them other than speculation.

Beholder

You aren't the only one. The property bubble in China is troubling to a lot of people around the world. Shanghai Disneyland and Disney's financial exposure because of it could be a drop in the bucket compared to what the bubble will do to the global economy when it pops.

And bubbles always pop. Even for Communists.

I think this is going to end up being on the catastrophic side of things. I know very little about this, but what little I do leads me to believe this kind of artificial economy building, on this scale, will end very bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom