The Frozen 'Initiative' ...

Captain Neo

MK still has a huge capacity problem too many attractions have been closed without replacement. Seven Dwarfs essentially just replaced the Snow White dark ride and Little Mermaid is kinda sorta a substitute for 20k under the sea but what about the capacity lost when they shuttered the Skyway, the canonoes & other boats on the rivers of america, and by not building new attractions on new land. They need to stop closing and start opening at WDW in order to lower crowds and that means building Snow Queen and Rapunzel dark rides in Fantasyland. If it was me I'd even throw in a Beauty & The Beast dark ride as well.

Matt_Black

MK still has a huge capacity problem too many attractions have been closed without replacement. Seven Dwarfs essentially just replaced the Snow White dark ride and Little Mermaid is kinda sorta a substitute for 20k under the sea but what about the capacity lost when they shuttered the Skyway, the canonoes & other boats on the rivers of america, and by not building new attractions on new land. They need to stop closing and start opening at WDW in order to lower crowds and that means building Snow Queen and Rapunzel dark rides in Fantasyland. If it was me I'd even throw in a Beauty & The Beast dark ride as well.

Eh. Beauty & the Beast is already represented across the parks, especially MK. In fact, while I love it to bits, it might be near the point of over-saturation. If you want a dark ride in Fantasyland, I got two words for ya- BALD MOUNTAIN. Cue up the music, turn down the lights, and watch people line up. Just remember to have Ave Maria playing at the exit.

Jose

yes, I'd throw in another Little Mermaid dark ride :p

cheezbat

It's obvious the three lesser parks at WDW need much more to relieve the crowds at MK...but at the same time expansions should be happening at MK...and restaurants that are 'seasonal' should also be open daily. The few quick service locations they use daily are always packed to the brim, and it disgusts me seeing Tortuga Tavern, Tomorrowland Terrace, and Pinnochio's Village Haus sit closed on visits, and then I walk by Be Our Guest or Starlight Cafe and see lines out the door.

morningstar

How does adding an E-ticket to an already saturated park affect crowds? I'd guess it can go either way. If adding another must-do makes everyone who visits Disney world go from doing one day at the Magic Kingdom to two, then actually the number of guests at Magic Kingdom per day doubles, and the new ride's capacity can't eat all that. But I guess quite a lot of people can't afford to, don't have the time to, or don't know they should treat Magic Kingdom as a two-day park. So in that case adding an E-ticket to MK could spread out the crowds. But my gut is still that a big new attraction is more useful in the other parks and more minor attractions is the better solution for MK crowds.

RSoxNo1

I think part of the problem is that theme park fans are so starved for something new right now that most D ticket level attractions will result in an increase in attendance.

TRONorail12

It's obvious the three lesser parks at WDW need much more to relieve the crowds at MK...but at the same time expansions should be happening at MK...and restaurants that are 'seasonal' should also be open daily. The few quick service locations they use daily are always packed to the brim, and it disgusts me seeing Tortuga Tavern, Tomorrowland Terrace, and Pinnochio's Village Haus sit closed on visits, and then I walk by Be Our Guest or Starlight Cafe and see lines out the door.

Magic Kingdom has more than enough capacity to feed every guest this time of year. Tomorrowland Terrace and Diamond Horseshoe are the only true seasonal restaurants. Pinnochio's is always open and Tortuga has been open for lunch almost daily ever since Pecos Bill took over operation of it. But back to the thread.... what are we talking about? Frozen?

cheezbat

Magic Kingdom has more than enough capacity to feed every guest this time of year. Tomorrowland Terrace and Diamond Horseshoe are the only true seasonal restaurants. Pinnochio's is always open and Tortuga has been open for lunch almost daily ever since Pecos Bill took over operation of it. But back to the thread.... what are we talking about? Frozen?
Oh really? Then how come on one of my last visits Pinnochio's was closed?
It really confused me...because I thought it was a pretty busy day.

Back to Frozen...if they're not gonna do it right, I say don't do it at all.

doctornick

Oh really? Then how come on one of my last visits Pinnochio's was closed?
It really confused me...because I thought it was a pretty busy day.

There did some renovation last year which necessitated it closing, maybe that is when you were there? I have never seen Village Haus be a victim of seasonable closures (Friar's Nook gets shut down some times though).

I agree that, in terms of food services, simply opening up the various quick serves year round would be a good idea. There's no need to have so many shuttered when the park is bursting at the seems.

doctornick

I've heard they're going to demolish the entire show building

Of Maelstrom? That would be completely illogical. The benefit of replacing Maelstrom is that the infrastructure is already there and they don't have to build a new showbuilding. If the plan is to just build anew, why wouldn't they leave Maelstrom as is and build a new ride in the space between Mexico and Norway (or in a different park)?

Magenta Panther

I can totally see Snow Queen/Frozen and Beast dark rides...but Rapunzel? I don't see how that film (Tangled) really lends itself to a dark ride...

Captain Neo

At this point my only question is if they will be extending the track to make it longer. If they get rid of the theather they could make the attraction longer. But knowing Disney they will just redress the existing track and not change any infrastructure. Minimal effort/big rewards = the Disney motto

Mike S

At this point my only question is if they will be extending the track to make it longer. If they get rid of the theather they could make the attraction longer. But knowing Disney they will just redress the existing track and not change any infrastructure. Minimal effort/big rewards = the Disney motto
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

DVCPluto

Is there oodles of space behind NFL that could be used to expand it further? If so, this is where Frozen belongs. It makes no sense in any other land, let alone park - but it's going to cost a wee bit more than a Maestrom overlay.

lazyboy97o

Is there oodles of space behind NFL that could be used to expand it further? If so, this is where Frozen belongs. It makes no sense in any other land, let alone park - but it's going to cost a wee bit more than a Maestrom overlay.
It'd require getting around a nice chunk of infrastructure.

cheezbat

There did some renovation last year which necessitated it closing, maybe that is when you were there? I have never seen Village Haus be a victim of seasonable closures (Friar's Nook gets shut down some times though).

I agree that, in terms of food services, simply opening up the various quick serves year round would be a good idea. There's no need to have so many shuttered when the park is bursting at the seems.
Ahh...that very well could have been the case. I just remember it was around 1pm I think and I tried to walk in and the doors were all locked. I was not a happy camper.

doctornick

It'd require getting around a nice chunk of infrastructure.

Yeah, it is kind of silly/annoying that they have mostly blocked off access to the huge plot inside the berm that lies north of the FLE. Tons of space for massive additional expansion, but limited ways to integrate it into the current layout.

Others have pointed out that removing/moving IASW (to Epcot?) would be a perfect way to access that space without disrupting the current major access road and utilidor entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom