The forest arrives at Fantasy Forest in the new Fantasyland

S

stphnbogert

yeah i agree the 30 trees are just the tip of the iceberg. i really hope they go all out with the enchanted forest...but its disney so you know they will...no matter whats getting built back there you know we're gonna love it. =)

MotherOfBirds

Imagine how it will look when everything has grown in and it starts to really look like an old forest! I remember what DAK was like on opening day an the comparison to day is astounding.

Tom

Beta Return
You mean that pit that just keeps getting bigger and some called a "moat". Moat? What moat? Never heard anything about a moat. Did someone say we are getting a moat? Not sure why a forest would have a moat. That is an odd word.....moat.

I presume you're referring to me when you say "some" call it a moat :)

I would like to enter the following evidence:

1) Artists rendering showing a moat in front of LM.

2) Artists rendering showing a waterfall on BatB which flows into a moat which flows into a large pond near the future Mine Ride area (almost exactly where said excavator was sitting in a moat-shaped hole)

3) Fantasyland model showing water in the exact same places as the initial rendering. Two new bridges in front of BatB.

4) Site plans and proposed topography showing significant "low areas" and "depressions" in the same areas.

I completely understand that the rendering and model are both conceptual, but the site plans in question were filed with the local Drainage Board and were approved for construction. Drainage for the entire expansion project was designed around new storm sewers, a few new retention ponds, and these waterways. They're not just decorative - they also collect surface runoff and are drained to designated areas.

The excavator I saw in the most recent photos was sitting down in an excavation that strikingly resembles a new waterway - not an excavation for the foundation of a new ride/show building. And based on visual references, the "hole" is almost exactly where the new pond is going to be.

S

stphnbogert

wouldn't where they put the water determine what would be where cinderella and aurora are going to go? with all this water by beauty and the beast and by the little mermaid...it seems like the snow white ride or cinderella/aurora would be kinda like on an island. i hope tomorrow morning someone with their camera reveals that they're done with all this water or "moat" lol.

ttalovebug

I agree. I was just thinking how I miss the trees in the hub. I hope they put the firefly lights in these, like they were in the hub.

That would be lovely to walk around the Fland "forest" at night, with all the trees sparkling. I have a feeling I'm going to love just hanging out in this area.

S

stphnbogert

i wonder if they are going to have special seating in the be our guest restaurant at night for viewing of the fireworks...whatever they might be when all this opens.

S

stphnbogert

that we know of yet. lol. i mean they could put some windows looking out towards cinderella castle viewing the fireworks. i think that would be amazing...since the restaurant will be amazing anyway.

Vernonpush

i wonder if they are going to have special seating in the be our guest restaurant at night for viewing of the fireworks...whatever they might be when all this opens.

Why? There are no actual windows looking outside.

that we know of yet. lol. i mean they could put some windows looking out towards cinderella castle viewing the fireworks. i think that would be amazing...since the restaurant will be amazing anyway.
Since the restaurant and any windows it may have will actually face away from any fireworks (other than perpheral fireworks during special events), what's the point?:shrug:

Tom

Beta Return

Unfortunately, the Be Our Guest restaurant will be set too far back in the "pavilion" to have windows that view the park. There will be a lot of mountain between the actual restaurant building and the park.

jt04

I presume you're referring to me when you say "some" call it a moat :)

I would like to enter the following evidence:

1) Artists rendering showing a moat in front of LM.

2) Artists rendering showing a waterfall on BatB which flows into a moat which flows into a large pond near the future Mine Ride area (almost exactly where said excavator was sitting in a moat-shaped hole)

3) Fantasyland model showing water in the exact same places as the initial rendering. Two new bridges in front of BatB.

4) Site plans and proposed topography showing significant "low areas" and "depressions" in the same areas.

I completely understand that the rendering and model are both conceptual, but the site plans in question were filed with the local Drainage Board and were approved for construction. Drainage for the entire expansion project was designed around new storm sewers, a few new retention ponds, and these waterways. They're not just decorative - they also collect surface runoff and are drained to designated areas.

The excavator I saw in the most recent photos was sitting down in an excavation that strikingly resembles a new waterway - not an excavation for the foundation of a new ride/show building. And based on visual references, the "hole" is almost exactly where the new pond is going to be.

OK, you convinced me.

That would be lovely to walk around the Fland "forest" at night, with all the trees sparkling. I have a feeling I'm going to love just hanging out in this area.

I agree completely. I think you can get a bit of the flavor of how this will be with the walkway that leads from Liberty Square to Frontierland along the RoA. Only multiplied about 10 times and much more magical. And it will only get better as time passes and the trees fill in. Add music and the smells of popcorn and other foods and it should amaze.

loveofamouse

alittle OT but those corridors under the park, I assume there will be corridors in the new area, right?

Also, do the corridors go under the waterways, deadend at them or not near them at all?

Tom

Beta Return
alittle OT but those corridors under the park, I assume there will be corridors in the new area, right?

Also, do the corridors go under the waterways, deadend at them or not near them at all?

There were going to be new utilidors as part of the expansion, but when they scrapped the Meet-n-Greets out in the middle of the expansion area, they scrapped the tunnel extension too.

If no characters need to make secret entrances to and from their cottages out on the island, there isn't a need to spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars building more tunnels.

As for the existing tunnels, they do indeed pass under the MK waterways. All of MK's moats and "rivers" are concrete (like giant pools), and the tunnels are concrete and waterproofed.

Magenta Panther

Only Disney can drop in 30 good-sized Oak trees over night LOL

I KNOW!!!! Jeez but that was fast! :eek: Good for Disney! And those are good-looking trees...I hope they're part of the Forest and not just camouflage (that part's hard to believe though...big live trees don't come cheap. Heck, little live trees don't come cheap, as anyone who buys live trees for Christmas could tell you.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom