The forest arrives at Fantasy Forest in the new Fantasyland

Tom

Beta Return
I took BSM in 2000 and we hit everything that you mentioned. Actually we were dropped off from the bus and entered from the Fantasyland end and came out near Tony's in Town Square. After seeing the start of the parade on the computers and then seeing it "live" from Town Square, we re-boarded the bus behind the Main Street Expo building. Flashforward to 2010, on BSM, we only entered the utilidoors from behind Center Street and made the loop below Main Street. Not nearly the detail from 10 years earlier.

Ah, ok. So maybe our tour guide's elevated status had nothing to do with the access.

I've read several reports from people who've taken BSM in the last few years, and I definitely won't be taking it again anytime soon. I took it again about 5 years ago and it was like you described - a brief trip downstairs to and from backstage main street. Depressing.

Neverland

It was my favorite part of Traditions. When I got to walk in so that we could eat at the cafeteria, (which is really just an underground cafeteria...lol...) I was AMAZED. Since I was going to work at DAK, I wouldn't really ever have the chance/need to go in them again. So I enjoyed it, even as a CM. :)

I'm in 'em every day and I still think they're cool. Yeah, they're dirty and not much to look at, but it's still amazing what you see down there. Tons of offices, training rooms, DACS, the Entertainment Base, computer labs, cafeterias, Costuming (probably my favorite part), and all the CMs from different lands intermingling (at least in the Fantasyland area). There is so much stuff constantly going on to run MK down there, and guests don't even realize it.

And maybe I'm just a Disney nerd, but once, I was lost, and Tinkerbell noticed and gave me directions. :lol: I geeked out. Only in the tunnels...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom