The forest arrives at Fantasy Forest in the new Fantasyland

Vernonpush

awesome. i wrote in another thread somewhere concerning planting/landscaping. it'll look awesome when the whole place is properly planted up.

i do wonder how much (if any) planting will go around near pooh?

I'm also think that these are going near Pooh. Waiting behind the "other wall" until their spots open up across the path.

JustInTime

has anyone noticed they put the concrete foundation in front of the be our guest restaurant. is that going to be belle's cottage. i'm so FREAKING excited about this expansion. aaahhhh =D but they need to bring aurora and cinderella's chateau's back =/

I agree, actually. I mean, why can't we just have it all? Simply place the mine ride in place of Pixie Hollow. Everybody wins! I was really looking forward to the Chateau. Would have been a cool show (that's more than just a standard M&G, IMO) and it would have given an awesome place to have a real M&G for the Evil Stepfamily. I have always said all the Princesses homes should be in the Magic Kingdom. Oh, well. You win and you lose, I guess! :shrug:

S

stphnbogert

exactly!!! thats what i was thinking...snow white mine ride should be in pixie hollow...its going to look awkward with the mine ride between ariel and beast's castles. having all the princesses houses in fantasyland would of been great. disney should exand it even more and add jasmine's, mulan's, pocahontas (i know they aren't that as popular) but it would of been cool.

RAXIP

has anyone noticed they put the concrete foundation in front of the be our guest restaurant. is that going to be belle's cottage.

No, that's actually the remains of Ariel's Grotto. The Belle M&G building is actually the grey steel just past the concrete & attached to the BOG restaurant.

jt04

I'm also think that these are going near Pooh. Waiting behind the "other wall" until their spots open up across the path.

All those trees in one area would be great especially as the years pass. I hope you are right. My thinking has always been that a combination of real and engineered trees could make the FLE truly unique and essentially an attraction themselves. I have great hopes for the landscaping.

I agree, actually. I mean, why can't we just have it all? Simply place the mine ride in place of Pixie Hollow. Everybody wins! I was really looking forward to the Chateau. Would have been a cool show (that's more than just a standard M&G, IMO) and it would have given an awesome place to have a real M&G for the Evil Stepfamily. I have always said all the Princesses homes should be in the Magic Kingdom. Oh, well. You win and you lose, I guess! :shrug:

There is a way they could include more princesses in the FLE and maintain a European lore backstory that is not a srtetch, And I agree, the Chateau and Millhouse were great show.

exactly!!! thats what i was thinking...snow white mine ride should be in pixie hollow...its going to look awkward with the mine ride between ariel and beast's castles. having all the princesses houses in fantasyland would of been great. disney should exand it even more and add jasmine's, mulan's, pocahontas (i know they aren't that as popular) but it would of been cool.

Agreed, the mine train placement as rumored is very odd unless they are planning to camouflage beneath some infrastruture that is at least as compelling as the original artwork. Even if they exterior is scaled down and the m&g's are canceled or relocated nearby. I'm puzzled as to why some hate the idea of the enhanced m&g's that were announced but have no problem with the scaled down version that is rumored to be installed very nearby. Very strange. :veryconfu

It seems they allready have, unless my eyes deceive me. Did anyone else notice the excavator in the pit where the supposed coaster is supposed to be?

You mean that pit that just keeps getting bigger and some called a "moat". Moat? What moat? Never heard anything about a moat. Did someone say we are getting a moat? Not sure why a forest would have a moat. That is an odd word.....moat.

FutureWorld1982

Of course! As Vernonpush and other said, these trees may be going in the queue of Winnie the Pooh, as it will be full of trees to resemble the 100 acres forest (I know I'm late on this, right?)! Look also at the "footers" of the plants (sorry, I don't know the word for that one): they are very similar to the new theming of The many ADventures of Winnie the Pooh.

Fable McCloud

I think having some sort of forestry in the new area of FantasyLand would be really nice. Maybe around Belle's Cottage? or even around Pooh to make it feel more like the Hundred Acre Wood?

It would definitely improve the grounds and add for some much needed shade.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I could see 1 or 2 trees maybe making their way over to Pooh, but not 30 of these 25 foot tall trees. Unless they are REALLY amping up the space that Pooh will take.

To me they look a lot like they fit in to the "concept" art that they show on the construction walls of the Belle area, the woods outside of the castle.

FutureWorld1982

I could see 1 or 2 trees maybe making their way over to Pooh, but not 30 of these 25 foot tall trees. Unless they are REALLY amping up the space that Pooh will take.

To me they look a lot like they fit in to the "concept" art that they show on the construction walls of the Belle area, the woods outside of the castle.

Yes, I guess you're right, also because these trees will grow so big that would take too much space in the new queue... but I still believe that some of them will be used in Winnie the Pooh.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes, I guess you're right, also because these trees will grow so big that would take too much space in the new queue... but I still believe that some of them will be used in Winnie the Pooh.

I could see a few being used there, with the rest being dispersed throughout the area, to enhance the "enchantment" feeling overall...

daliseurat

I took a tour of the tree farm and greenhouses a few years back. Virtually all the trees they grow and have as back-ups and replacements are in those wooden "buckets" They grow fine in them as Disney has figured out how to give them all the nutrients they require. As a matter of fact, many of the trees are planted in giant pots within the park to make it easier to replace them. As long as the trees are given all the water and nutrients there is no need for a larger root system. This according to the Disney gardeners.

Most likely the trees are going to be planted sooner rather than later once there is an area that is ready for them. But for now they make the area look nicer.

The tour used to be given during the Flower and Garden festival and was really wonderful. I have never seen so many hundreds of beautiful flowers and arranged baskets. And watching them bring trees by crane through the back door of Ak was a trip!

loveofamouse

I think the trees are to block the view. I took pics of the FLE from the top of Dumbo while riding. It's prolly to stop people from doing that now that things are more than just dirt.

fngoofy

Gosh, it seems like not long ago at all Disney was cutting down trees in the Magic Kingdom, clearing the views for fireworks. I'd have to say that a true canopy of trees in Fantasyland where firework viewing is not necessarily encouraged and where no parades run would be an awesome addition and a welcome change in a blistering hot and mostly open and exposed to the sun area of the park.

I hadn't really given any serious thought to an actual forest feel, but if they do green up the backside of Fantasyland, I will be pleased and impressed. :king:

I agree. I was just thinking how I miss the trees in the hub. I hope they put the firefly lights in these, like they were in the hub.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think the trees are to block the view. I took pics of the FLE from the top of Dumbo while riding. It's prolly to stop people from doing that now that things are more than just dirt.

It's more than that. We've seen pictures from the top of Dumbo since the trees went up, and there is really no "blocking" the view from up there. Also, I think if they wanted to block the view, they would come up with a different way of doing it, rather than hauling a bunch of trees in there. If they were THAT concerned with blocking the view, I'd think they would put up some scaffolding and tarps or something, instead of trees that they were not going to use.

I'm pretty sure Lee also said that these trees will be part of the FLE in the future, and may have been just moved to their current location in the meantime to block a few of the folks just holding up cameras over the wall. The trees will be used in the FLE, they will just more than likely be placed in different locations than they currently are now.

I wonder all in total how much "woodland" they plan on putting in. Are these 30ish trees "it", or do we think that this is just the beginning of something larger coming in the future?

RandySavage

I wonder all in total how much "woodland" they plan on putting in. Are these 30ish trees "it", or do we think that this is just the beginning of something larger coming in the future?

"We're using landscaping as the fabric that weaves this whole new area together. We're planting more than 500 trees on site so guests will feel completely immersed... that they're truly stepping into Disney fairy tales."
- Imagineer Jon Georges in Spring 2010 D23 Magazine.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
"We're using landscaping as the fabric that weaves this whole new area together. We're planting more than 500 trees on site so guests will feel completely immersed... that they're truly stepping into Disney fairy tales."
- Imagineer Jon Georges in Spring 2010 D23 Magazine.

Thank you VERY much for that. It is fantastic to imagine how this is going to look in the end. It sounds like the 30 trees are the proverbial tip of the iceberg. Wow, that is fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom