Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

wdwgreek

Thank you.

From the options I’ve seen I think the hotel proposals - aside from the bus station area one - will be detrimental to the existing park. I wish I could explain why, but I can’t yet.
Now that is sorely disappointing. My only point was the theory of a hotel, not the execution. I trust your judgement on the detrimental to the design aspect 100% and given the current suits I wouldn't be surprised. Your insight is always appreciated.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Now that is sorely disappointing. My only point was the theory of a hotel, not the execution. I trust your judgement on the detrimental to the design aspect 100% and given the current suits I wouldn't be surprised. Your insight is always appreciated.
Again, thank you.

Edit @wdwgreek sorry if I came across as arrogant. That wasn’t the intention.

Last edited:

KrazyKat

If this hotel is supposedly going in the FW part of EPCOT, it better look futuristic.

Attachments

• 729805-120914_560_view_07_day-1000-a542d8629a-1484645576.jpg
    729805-120914_560_view_07_day-1000-a542d8629a-1484645576.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 169
  • e9aa1c3713cf9719ea31d0e73c755515.jpg
    e9aa1c3713cf9719ea31d0e73c755515.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 182
  • LAX avril 06 336.jpg
    LAX avril 06 336.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 2157c0111_aug2015.jpg
    2157c0111_aug2015.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 168

the.dreamfinder

The Californian is “inside” the park just like Miracosta.

They both have entrances from the outside too. One side facing the park and one facing the outside.

No Disney hotel is entirely inside a park.

The Four Corners of the World at WestCOT had built-in hotels on the upper levels.
And there’s your fundamental design problem with the Epcot hotel, it’s being designed into the park after the fact. Disneyland Hotel Paris, Grand Californian, Mira Costa and the WestCOT hotel(RIP) were designed with those parks, they are in some cases core components of the staging and guest sight lines. I know @marni1971 cant say much, but a project like this is a nightmare from a design standpoint. If you mess it up, you break the park reveal in an irreversible manner.

rreading

The other trick is that there is no space between the monorail station and the entrance to put a marquee hotel; just the pool area would consume most of that space. They would have to go quite vertical, and even then, it would still have to allow a huge volume of people to pass through it to get to the monorail.

I do suppose - and this could be interesting- it could envelop the monorail terminal similar to the contemporary.

As much as I could appreciate the idea of a hotel done well to enhance the entrance, it would need to be done well.

Thank you.

From the options I’ve seen I think the hotel proposals - aside from the bus station area one - will be detrimental to the existing park. I wish I could explain why, but I can’t yet.

The current Epcot is a shell of its former self. Frankly, I don't think it can be drug down much more - and a hotel, no matter where they put it, won't make much of a difference.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So if we're discussing terminology with people who may be less knowledgeable

E.P.C.O.T. - the City plan designed by Walt personally that never came into fruition after his passing
EPCOT Center - The 1982 theme park which kept the name and generally the same unifying themes until the early 90's when they decided to change it to Epcot (insert year here) then eventually just Epcot.
Epcot - The lost mess of a park that we see today

Clopin Trouillefou

Well, I'd say FW West has hope. East and most of World Showcase though? Forget it.

May I ask (earnestly, in case it doesn't come across that way online) why you think world showcase is hopeless? because I think a reasonable case could be made that any additions are positive additions (even if the new attractions themselves are character-based as opposed to something like a ride showcasing Japanese countryside on o I don't know let's say a form of mass transit considered to be a feat of engineering, which would be ideal)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom