Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So if we're discussing terminology with people who may be less knowledgeable

E.P.C.O.T. - the City plan designed by Walt personally that never came into fruition after his passing
EPCOT Center - The 1982 theme park which kept the name and generally the same unifying themes until the early 90's when they decided to change it to Epcot (insert year here) then eventually just Epcot.
Epcot - The lost mess of a park that we see today
IPcot - The glittering ride-filled, international-themed amusement park we'll see in 5 to 10 years.
UpChuck - what most of the die-hard traditionalists do every time they consider IPcot.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
May I ask (earnestly, in case it doesn't come across that way online) why you think world showcase is hopeless? because I think a reasonable case could be made that any additions are positive additions (even if the new attractions themselves are character-based as opposed to something like a ride showcasing Japanese countryside on o I don't know let's say a form of mass transit considered to be a feat of engineering, which would be ideal)
In my opinion, the issue is not what is planned for World Showcase, it is how corporate views World Showcase.

SpaceMountain77

In my opinion, the issue is not what is planned for World Showcase, it is how corporate views World Showcase.

Corporate View #1
World Showcase is a reoccurring revenue stream driven by food and beverage sales during regularly scheduled festivals.

Corporate View #2
The facades of World Showcase afford the Consumer Products Division the opportunity to place Disney Consumer Products in retail locations that are connected, albeit sometimes loosely, to the stories of Disney characters.

EPCOT Center Fan View #1
World Showcase is a celebration of cultural awareness and, specifically, the common threads of the human experience that unite us all.

EricsBiscuit

Corporate View #1
World Showcase is a reoccurring revenue stream driven by food and beverage sales during regularly scheduled festivals.

Corporate View #2
The facades of World Showcase afford the Consumer Products Division the opportunity to place Disney Consumer Products in retail locations that are connected, albeit sometimes loosely, to the stories of Disney characters.

EPCOT Center Fan View #1
World Showcase is a celebration of cultural awareness and, specifically, the common threads of the human experience that unite us all.
I think it's more like: "World Showcase celebrates the culture of their respective countries and allows us to leverage our IPs to boost revenue."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
...or maybe the plan is: lots of people are getting drunk anyway so they probably won’t notice the characters we crammed into each pavilion. If it upsets people they can always drink their worries away at $9.99 a pop;) Either way we make quite a few bucks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Back to the OP....

If the hotel was off centre, it wouldn’t be so bad. Would it?

(Trying to convince myself more than anything)

If, facing the entrance from the parking lot, it was to the left, well, then it would block the view of the GotG gravity building!

Of course, that means for guests in the hotel, they can be asked, "parking lot view, or big box view?"

180º

Back to the OP....

If the hotel was off centre, it wouldn’t be so bad. Would it?

(Trying to convince myself more than anything)
It depends. The monorail station is off-center, right? Is being off-center the better alternative to something else? For instance, being centered but blocking views of Spaceship Earth?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I assume they will make it tall enough to have a view of illuminations from the roof or even higher floor rooms.
I’ve heard lower size mentioned but don’t have much information. Anything here needs to be lower height than Seas or Energy let alone SSE.

Again assuming they really have to build a hotel here. For once let profit sit below show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
When you say the rear of Energy, would that have anything to do with the Wonders plot?

Nope. The new building for the GotG coaster is going right behind WoL. On the map below, the yellow solid is buildable land, and that's without taking away from some of the entrance or parking lot, which WDW could do.

upload_2017-12-30_16-43-49.png

Haymarket2008

Nope. The new building for the GotG coaster is going right behind WoL. On the map below, the yellow solid is buildable land, and that's without taking away from some of the entrance or parking lot, which WDW could do.

View attachment 253140

Ahhhh I see, thank you for the detailed image. So something possibly to the left of the Guardians’ gravity building....it would spill out into the entrance plaza. I would prefer it to go behind The Seas if I had my druthers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom