The end for refillable mugs?

Biff215

Just curious, though, since you say it's the written policy that makes the difference in your mind, what about fast food restaraunts that don't have a written policy regarding the soda fountains out in the lobby. Does that mean you would be okay with it if you saw someone walk into Taco Bell with a Burger King cup and take a refill? I hope you don't think I'm being hostile or sarcastic or anything. I'm just genuinely curious.

I definitely wouldn't be okay with myself using another cup to get refills at a different restaurant. To me this is obviously wrong, and it doesn't even need to be posted for me to follow that rule. Unfortunately, Disney saw enough people bringing back old mugs and other cups that they felt the need to put it in print officially. Now just because they don't actively enforce it or select CM's state otherwise doesn't make it okay for me. I imagine there will come a time when it may benefit Disney to take action and put an end to it. It's just a shame that it has to come to that. When I was a kid my parents didn't think twice about leaving the door unlocked when we left, and felt confident everything would be there when we returned. Today I don't leave my house without setting the alarm. It's just a sign of how times change.

I totally understand your point about being judgemental, and please don't think I sit in the resort food courts and judge others. If I see someone fill up their Igloo cooler at the fountain, I might think to myself how I disagree, but I wouldn't even think about saying something. It's not my job and I'm not perfect either.

I just always find this debate interesting as there are so many ways to interpret the policy. I'll leave it at that so we don't beat this thing to death. :lol:

sbkline

I definitely wouldn't be okay with myself using another cup to get refills at a different restaurant. To me this is obviously wrong, and it doesn't even need to be posted for me to follow that rule. Unfortunately, Disney saw enough people bringing back old mugs and other cups that they felt the need to put it in print officially. Now just because they don't actively enforce it or select CM's state otherwise doesn't make it okay for me. I imagine there will come a time when it may benefit Disney to take action and put an end to it. It's just a shame that it has to come to that. When I was a kid my parents didn't think twice about leaving the door unlocked when we left, and felt confident everything would be there when we returned. Today I don't leave my house without setting the alarm. It's just a sign of how times change.

I totally understand your point about being judgemental, and please don't think I sit in the resort food courts and judge others. If I see someone fill up their Igloo cooler at the fountain, I might think to myself how I disagree, but I wouldn't even think about saying something. It's not my job and I'm not perfect either.

I just always find this debate interesting as there are so many ways to interpret the policy. I'll leave it at that so we don't beat this thing to death. :lol:

I feel the same way about finding the debate interesting. I love the ethical debate and the chance to actually sit and think about something and put my mind to work. LOL

There are, indeed, different ways to interpret the policy, although as for myself, I guess I just take it at face value and comply. I just get frustrated with the "holier than thou's" on the issue (not saying you're one of them), which is why I like to bring up all the ways in which each and every one of us is guilty of some kind of theft in one way or another...theft along a similar level than this.

ASHLAND WDW MAN

I just returned and i would rather pay a fee for my whole visit and get a clean paper cup each time then clean out my mug. Some times i prefer a hot drink and coffee or tea creates a smell in the mugs that if you used paper you would not have. I know that there have to be limits on the number of cups per day or that you cannot dispense a cup with your kttkc for at least another hour or something like that. I think getting rid of the mugs would allow for a cleaner drink area where people are not cleaning out their mugs. Anyone else in favor of a cup dispenser that would only allow one cup per hour?

zweltar

I now know that religion, politics, and refillable mugs are instant argument starters. I'll have to remember this at the next family function.
"So, Dad, I started refilling my mug from 5 years ago."
"Dangit, Junior, I always knew you would be the one in the family to grow up with no morals!"
"Dad, you need to get with the times. Disney wants us to reuse the mugs. Otherwise, surely, they would do something about it. In fact, I read on the internet that cast members actually allowed and encouraged people to reuse the mugs!"
"Hogwash!"
Continue the dialogue in your heads....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I just returned and i would rather pay a fee for my whole visit and get a clean paper cup each time then clean out my mug. Some times i prefer a hot drink and coffee or tea creates a smell in the mugs that if you used paper you would not have. I know that there have to be limits on the number of cups per day or that you cannot dispense a cup with your kttkc for at least another hour or something like that. I think getting rid of the mugs would allow for a cleaner drink area where people are not cleaning out their mugs. Anyone else in favor of a cup dispenser that would only allow one cup per hour?

No.

Tigger#1

yes because we care

About what everybody else is doing when it is quite obvious Disney doesn't or they would have stopped it a long time ago.

To many people in this country are far to worried about what the people accross the street are doing when it is realy none of thier buisness. A perfect example is the popularity of reality TV shows and tabloids.

If you all are so worried about these so called soda thiefs next time you see someone with an outdated cup call them out. If not you are accessory to theft since you witnessed it and did nothing to stop it.

fosse76

About what everybody else is doing when it is quite obvious Disney doesn't or they would have stopped it a long time ago.

To many people in this country are far to worried about what the people accross the street are doing when it is realy none of thier buisness. A perfect example is the popularity of reality TV shows and tabloids.

If you all are so worried about these so called soda thiefs next time you see someone with an outdated cup call them out. If not you are accessory to theft since you witnessed it and did nothing to stop it.

Disney doesn't see it as stealing, so it isn't theft. It doesn't matter what the signs say, Disney has clearly told CMs not to approach or stop guests from using old mugs. Look how long it has gone on and how many different CMs haven't enforced the policy. That alone should tell you Disney allows it. I only wish I would remember to bring my own mug back (I always manage to forget it).

PurpleDragon

Just when I thought this pointless thread was going to die, someone had to go and resurrect it. It has turned into a moral debate which always ends up going no where. Please people just let this thread die.:brick::brick::brick:

rsoxguy

Just when I thought this pointless thread was going to die, someone had to go and resurrect it. It has turned into a moral debate which always ends up going no where. Please people just let this thread die.:brick::brick::brick:

The issue of allowing something to die raises another moral debate. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom