The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

puntagordabob

Am i missing something here?
I see a lot of people snoozing when the disneyland version is on.....just saying.!

Which Disneyland is this? Complete opposite observations by myself and so many other posters all the time.....

That's fine...but I must respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room is a charming and witty masterpiece from the original masters.I] ;)

+1

It maybe charming and witty in the sense of it being an "oldie", but it certainly is a snoozefest, if surveying the actual guests is any indication. Everytime I'm in the Disneyland attraction (about once a month), there are always a good amount of guests either sleeping, walking out, or generally un-interested.

Regardless if you're a fan of the original or not, its blatantly obvious that the old show is no longer relevant from an entertainment standpoint for modern audiences. IT will be interesting to see how they alter the show at WDW to try to achieve this.

Love to see there surveys you are reading.......

By your criteria of relevance we would also be removing most of all of the Disney Parks....

What do you mean by digital?

It was remastered with modern digital tech (2000s!) while the original was with 1960s tech.

while i get the nostalgia and love for the original times have moved on. it is very hard to get my kids interested in any disney cartoon that isnt pixar...in fact they dont even look at it for more than 5 seconds without asking for toy story or cars. Does that mean peter pan, aladdin, or the lion king stink....no but they cant hold up to the vivid colors of the CGI age. I think disney has done a good job of adding new while keeping the old, but rides such as Snow White, Peter Pan, and the country bear jamboree need to either be modernized or replaced to be an attraction instead of something to cross off your list or worse something to do while waiting for a fastpass. I cant see putting all kinds of money into the tiki room just to make it 55 years behind the times story and technology wise.

Seriously Different Strokes for Different folks.... Disney caters to everyone, not just one group.

Also, while I understand your comment about your children only liking the Pixar releases, they are just one group among many.... Different Strokes for Different Folks applies here too... Disney has many attractions for their particular interest (Nemo, TSM, Monsters Inc, etc.....) ....

So if your children will not enjoy The Enchanted Tiki Room (a great show and lots of fun imho) then by all means do not force them to attend.... but understand that as children grow up and have their own familes they too (most likely) will bring their children to a Disney park to SHARE memories (both old and brand new all mixed together) together..... Many of us are "The Children" that have grown up and are now in the process of sharing our childhood love of Disney with our own children.... If we follow your train of movement then HOW can we share this if essentially nothing remains that we remember? Thats when the sharing ends...

Should some things change? Absolutely... but there are some that should remain very close to the way they are (sure update the tech etc.....but the heart of the show should stay the same!)..... The Tiki Room's Under New Management is a very appropriate example....... what kind of wonderous "Magical" Memories were created by attending this NEW Show for the average Guest?

I guess another thing about The Tiki Room that hits home is that the core of this show was Walt Disney's alone....it was his personal baby that he spent non-Disneyland money on and poured his Golden Heart into..... even after the show was open he would "sneak" into the DLR Tiki Room to watch the show with the unsuspecting Guests!

So pardon me if I sound like an eleven year old when I say: "Leave Jose and his Flock alone!"

MansionGoer13z

I know I'm late on finding this out but I'm glad to hear this. I now don't have to return to the MK and skip over the UNM Tiki Room in fear I will lose my hearing to Iago (Gilbert Gottfried) incessant screaming.

Spike-in-Berlin

@puntagordabob

The same mistake:

That quote you are referring to is not by me, it's by kucarachi answering to one of my quotes because he screwed up the quoting function by accident. I adore the original Tiki Room and I actually wrote something to kucarachi very similar to your point of view

RSoxNo1

This will definitely not be the original show. It will be a shorter version. While the rumors have been around for a while apparently there was still some hemming and hawing for a while.

I'll try to have more information soon.

aladdin2007

This will definitely not be the original show. It will be a shorter version. While the rumors have been around for a while apparently there was still some hemming and hawing for a while.

I'll try to have more information soon.

I wonder if this means they will just cut the Offenbach number like Disneyland, or even cut it down more yet? I hope not.

puntagordabob

@puntagordabob

The same mistake:

That quote you are referring to is not by me, it's by kucarachi answering to one of my quotes because he screwed up the quoting function by accident. I adore the original Tiki Room and I actually wrote something to kucarachi very similar to your point of view

Hmmm wonder why the site it doing that with your posts then? Oh well.... sorry bout that!

I wonder if this means they will just cut the Offenbach number like Disneyland, or even cut it down more yet? I hope not.

Would make sense....

kucarachi

sorry i dont know how to use quotes!
anyway its a matter of opinion i suppose.....personally i like new innovations, and i like old stuff if its still relevant. I'll take my fastpass over waiting in line for 2 hours on a hot summer day with crying children.....I'll take magical express over trying to haul 6 bags of luggage and 2 kids while looking at rental cars, and i'll take a prepaid dining plan where i cant overspend instead of looking at the bill when you get home and counting how many zero's are at the end. New doesn't mean better, but what i never want to see in disney is moving back instead of moving forward......

But i will say SGE stinks, Living with the land is now sorta creepy with no guide, many of the new parades and characters dont have one ounce of charm compared to the older more beloved characters of the classics....granted older people want something recognizable to remind them of their times there with their parents so you cant completely redo everything...but you can update it to something that they will enjoy with their grandkids.

WaltDis4Life

sorry i dont know how to use quotes!
anyway its a matter of opinion i suppose.....personally i like new innovations, and i like old stuff if its still relevant. I'll take my fastpass over waiting in line for 2 hours on a hot summer day with crying children.....

Don't get me started on FastPass. :fork: It's one of the worst things that's happened to the parks. In relation to the topic at hand, I really want the original show to come back, but we all know they're gonna make a much shorter version with only a few things going back to the original attraction.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

-ahem- cough cough... Typing Master Milner Martin here.

He appears to have misspelled "Take" in which the letter "L" is on the right side of the letter "K" in which he was either typing too fast or his finger slipped and didn't notice it.

Please respond if you are looking through my post to see if I misspelled anything. :p

wickedfan07

Children are so tedious.

So are trolls.

I'm glad to see we finally have some sort of confirmation on the status of the Tiki Room. I ca't say I really remember the original show first hand as I was very young when I saw it, but it will be good to have an update to an attraction last toucdhed over a decade ago, even if that update is just restoring something from the 1960s. Maybe with newer technology there will be some additional options for "plussing" the attraction. :)

Enchantâmes

So are trolls.

I'm glad to see we finally have some sort of confirmation on the status of the Tiki Room. I ca't say I really remember the original show first hand as I was very young when I saw it, but it will be good to have an update to an attraction last toucdhed over a decade ago, even if that update is just restoring something from the 1960s. Maybe with newer technology there will be some additional options for "plussing" the attraction. :)

Oh please I've been here far too long to be called a "troll".

TropicalFig8

I know that I'm asking for a miracle but I would LOVE to see the return of the Barker Bird! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7uaKSio2U On my first visit back in 1975, he was the main reason why the Tiki Birds were the very first attraction that we saw.

Oh that little guy was so cute! I'd really liked that to come back. Maybe he could be interactive.

As for the return of the Enchanted Tiki Room, I am super excited because this attraction is one of my all time favorite attractions and it really needs to come to WDW. If it's going to be like the one in Disneyland,I assume there isn't going to be a Offenbach scene. Which is fine with me. I like the music but the scene is probably the reason why people were falling asleep during the show.

Now that a classic attraction is coming back,Disney will realize that this is what the fans want. Isn't Disney all about making everyone happy and making sure they have a good time?

Pioneer Hall

I personally think we are going to see the same version that they have out in Disneyland. It would be very easy to clone it as opposed to reprogramming a new show. Of course I could be wrong, but I don't see them shortening the show to a time less than it already was. After the first few weeks when us diehards have had our fill, the show will probably play to small crowds again. So a short show for crowd measures won't be necessary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom