The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
From what people have said on the forum the fountain was cut, and I dont think they will use that AA since its the old show returning, she really wouldn't fit anywhere in the old show.

puntagordabob

Yes I think they will be putting it on the new guide maps and I will be getting one!

I will be getting more than one! :)

Wait, so just to make sure, it opens TOMMOROW, right?

Monday the 15th

And here's the pre-show that Jeff Lange posted on his YouTube page a little while ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM9yzdLU11o

WOOHOO....

Someone said that Disney was going to market this heavily for the next several months.... is this just opinion or do you know this for sure? If for sure, any ideas what this may consist of?

tirian

Someone said that Disney was going to market this heavily for the next several months.... is this just opinion or do you know this for sure? If for sure, any ideas what this may consist of?

Sorry, I should have used the sarcasm smiley. I've heard it will be on the guidemaps, but that's about it.

It *should* draw a better crowd now, since the sign is very bright and specifically states "Walt Disney's..."

RSoxNo1

Wow, if I see it any LESS than TWICE A DAY over my next SEVERAL full day visits to the park - and less than at least once a day per MK visit after the initial excitement dies down - I'd be surprised! ;)

It will probably even be a "rope drop" attraction for me on many days, giving me some rare starts in Adventureland. (I usually start in Fantasyland, Space Mountain, or the Thunder/Splash/CBJ combo)

This is a Really Big Thing for me, and the return of the original show vaults the Tiki Room strongly back into my MK Top 5 (even though I didn't hate UNM as much as most here did, and that show hovered near the outer reaches of my Top 10 or 12 - but I had to cover my ears whenever Iago made fun of the original show in order to enjoy the rest of UNM, though ;) )

Having the beloved birdies back in all their original glory is, like for Puntagordabob, a Dream Come True for me!

And for me personally, it will help at least take part of the sting away from losing my beloved Toontown, and, while in the MK, help take my mind off the dark cloud hovering over my beloved Snow White ride, which is slated for closure.

I have to give "TDO" credit here, even if it did take a fire to make it happen! ;) I'm just thankful no guests or CMs were hurt.

If our plan comes together and we visit WDW this fall I will visit the Tiki Room at least twice when I am in the MK. Probably 2-3 times on the first day. I plan to capture any detail of the show on video so it will need several visits alone for that task because I don't want any annoying background sounds on my video like screaming children etc.
A visit to Adventureland (my favorite land) will now be JC (or at least get FP), then Tiki Room, then PotC.

To each his own - For me this is an attraction that is best viewed through the eyes of a child. Having said that, I didn't have a personal attachment to it growing up so it won't have the nostalgia factor for me.

No, they aren't the same chorus at all. I have the original recording, and the voices do not match in style, balance or quality of the recording. The tonality and pronunciation is different from the women in the original recording. However, the instrumental matches the original recording exactly.

And WDW has done the exact same thing to the Haunted Mansion in 2007. They replaced most of the vocals in the graveyard jamboree for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They also replaced the music for The Mainstreet Electrical Parade (however, that was done at Disneyland before it came back to the Magic Kingdom).

Say what you will about the new chorus, but the quality of all the audio is beyond amazing. They must have done some more extensive remastering, because it sounds three times as good as the remastered audio here at Disneyland's Tiki Room, all the way down to the preshow spill drums.

I definitely agree with WDITrent - The audio in the Graveyard scene is awesome.

The Duck

How comes the waterfall in the pre-show isn't working like it did in the old show? If you click on the Jeff Lange video there is an older video from the 90s that showed a real waterfall not just water dripping down the sides.

I noticed that too. My guess is that they might be trying out a less noisy version of the waterfall to test the audio. When they reach the levels that they want, the waterfall may go at full volume. But then again, in years past I can remember barely hearing the opening incantation to Pele etc. because the waterfall along with the music was too loud.

The Duck

This will be the DL show with the old WDW pre show. The fountain will not be present immediately since that AA pedestal installation required the cutting of the water lines. The fountain will be there in another form, how, I don't know quite yet.

That's OK with me as well. For me, the fountain was a nice touch but it wasn't/isn't absolutely necessary. Gilding the lily, you might say.

PalisadesPkteer

I think the only real reason they kept the carpets in AL is because there isn't much else to do. Sure, JC and POTC are classic rides, but most of AL is just walking through themeing. The entire right side of AL has nothing except a Dole Whip until you hit the Agrabah plaza

You are forgetting the Swiss Family Tree House. and even though it is in an other "land' you have CBJ close by.

PalisadesPkteer

What the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Bit of the Old = The original Tiki Room show

Newer = Newer version from DL

New = No fountain - or new fountain with Tiki Godess? Or interactive show que or show elements.

Old friends in and out = (IN) Jose and crew

(OUT) old pre-show or Orange Bird in Que

And a bit back to front = Barker Bird out front

Yes, I know. I'm quoting myself here.

Numbers 1, 2, 4 and 5 will happen most probably except for orange bird. As for numbers 3 well no fountain part is likely right. Simple water feature likely but the rest of #3 not happening. And #6, well likely not happening at all.

Spike-in-Berlin

Since I work the Magic Carpets, I can tell you that the Carpets can get twice as many people per hour compared to Dumbo so hence the shorter wait than Dumbo. It is defnitely as popular as Dumbo. Kids love it so families love it because it keeps their kids happy! I enjoy seeing the kids faces after riding it!! I also work Pirates too and it's quite opposite. Kids are usually timid and scared because they don't know what to expect

So what is the point? Close one of the best attractions ever because of some overanxious kids and build more cheap rides like the Carpets in locations where they don't fit in at all?

gerryu21220

No, they aren't the same chorus at all. I have the original recording, and the voices do not match in style, balance or quality of the recording. The tonality and pronunciation is different from the women in the original recording. However, the instrumental matches the original recording exactly.

And WDW has done the exact same thing to the Haunted Mansion in 2007. They replaced most of the vocals in the graveyard jamboree for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They also replaced the music for The Mainstreet Electrical Parade (however, that was done at Disneyland before it came back to the Magic Kingdom).

Yes, they did! They replaced all the vocals except the Singing Busts and The Mummy & Old Man. They totally deleted the Mariner's audio (La-da-dum-dum-dum singer next to the hearse) and the Headless Knight's audio.

I had no idea that happened! Is it all "original" audio in DL?

So far, the DL version is still all-original.

One other attraction with changed audio I forgot to mention was POTC. The instrumental under "Yo-Ho" was replaced with a modern recording at both DL and WDW. :cry:

If the Tiki Room only replaced the chorus, it won't be too bad. If they've replaced any of the principal vocals, I will not be a happy camper.

Skyway

No, they aren't the same chorus at all. I have the original recording, and the voices do not match in style, balance or quality of the recording. The tonality and pronunciation is different from the women in the original.

Does your original recording isolate each individual woman's voice?

I still think that sounds like the original, factoring in the isolated channel and the iPhone recording from outside the building.

We'll know soon enough.

aladdin2007

So far, the DL version is still all-original.

One other attraction with changed audio I forgot to mention was POTC. The instrumental under "Yo-Ho" was replaced with a modern recording at both DL and WDW. :cry:

If the Tiki Room only replaced the chorus, it won't be too bad. If they've replaced any of the principal vocals, I will not be a happy camper.

Pirates was ruined and sounds worse than ever, they really botched that up. Hoping and thinking Tiki Room will fare wayyy better.

Scuttle

You are forgetting the Swiss Family Tree House. and even though it is in an other "land' you have CBJ close by.

Problem with the treehouse is that people are so fat and lazy these days they just skip the treehouse. They see a ton of stairs and just move on. I've actually watched this happen. It's a shame to because IMO the treehouse is a great original attraction, but regardless I'm so pumped about the tiki room. I can't wait to get there next weekend and check it out. I don't even remember the Tropical Serenade, but I can't wait to experience it. I hope I haven't built it up too much!

gerryu21220

Does your original recording isolate each individual woman's voice?

I still think that sounds like the original, factoring in the isolated channel and the iPhone recording from outside the building.

We'll know soon enough.

No need to wait. You were right.

I've done a side-by-side comparison with the original recording:

http://soundcloud.com/geralduhlan/go-take-a-ride-compare

The left channel in all three takes is the live, pre-opening iPhone recording.

Comparisons on the right channel using the original recording: 1. Just the ladies. 2. Full chorus. 3. Just the men.

I swear, the live recording sounded like an entirely new chorus with only hearing the ladies. I never specifically listened to just that channel on the original before, so to me it just didn't sound right. Where can I return these ears? They're defective! :eek:

Good news is, it's all the original Soundtrack! :D

pumpkin7

hehe, i like the bit at the end of that video where he looks through the exit doors... hehe.

still, looks good. if they could sort out the waterfall too it would be even better. can't wait to see this come back. so exciting!

maybe iagos burnt corpse and zazu will turn up on mousesurplus!

aladdin2007

hehe, i like the bit at the end of that video where he looks through the exit doors... hehe.

still, looks good. if they could sort out the waterfall too it would be even better. can't wait to see this come back. so exciting!

maybe iagos burnt corpse and zazu will turn up on mousesurplus!

I know it looks great in there, that big thing in the middle has a purpose its killing me to know what exactly since its not a fountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom