The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thank the Tiki Gods it is back! I'm so pleased that we have the orginal (or as near as we can to the original) back in the Magic Kingdom. Since the New Management version I pretty much had to ignore the attraction, so for me it will be like having a new attraction to visit once again.

Video now up at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Videos.htm

Jerm

Thank the Tiki Gods it is back! I'm so pleased that we have the orginal (or as near as we can to the original) back in the Magic Kingdom. Since the New Management version I pretty much had to ignore the attraction, so for me it will be like having a new attraction to visit once again.

While I have the original right down the road from me, I can't wait to see the video and hear the audio!

Scuttle

Wow it has its first soft opening and the haters have already started cause it is not what it should have been.....

It is the Tiki Room, it is not going to be the original (that is gone forever) it can't be the DL version because as we talked about months ago the water lines were capped. It is as close to the real Tiki Room as you can get, I am guessing from the brief description given, so either be happy or start another thread about changing the Tiki Room........

You took the words out of my mouth and posted before me. Lol. Ya absurd that people are hating it already.

aladdin2007

Yeah, I'm kinda over attractions like this. So is the general public. Honestly I'm tired of being in WDW and hear ppl from 6 - 60 say the word "lame". It's time for Disney to be innovative again instead of bringing back tired old attractions.

Im guessing your not a disney world fan by the sound of things. wow. What do you want in there a roller coaster? Its a good thing its back, especially with a nonexistant 40th anniversary, this is better than nothing and makes it enjoyable again after over a decade of a horrible show.

stlbobby

Wow it has its first soft opening and the haters have already started cause it is not what it should have been.....

It is the Tiki Room, it is not going to be the original (that is gone forever) it can't be the DL version because as we talked about months ago the water lines were capped. It is as close to the real Tiki Room as you can get, I am guessing from the brief description given, so either be happy or start another thread about changing the Tiki Room........

I agree people are too quick to hate on things around here.

I hope no-one took my post as hate for the new version. I have no judgement since I haven't been on it yet.

I am just surprised no-one feels even a tinge of sadness over the loss at least some of the aspects of UNM. I really liked the show. Maybe I just love Phil Hartman and Jerry Orbach too much.

RichKermitFan

I'm actually a HUGE Disney fan. So much so that I want it to be around forever. I want others to love it as much as I do. People love innovation. I'm not saying a coaster but something ppl haven't seen before. Even the new things aren't innovative (ie little mermaid). People come and like seeing and experiencing new things

Jerm

I am just surprised no-one feels even a tinge of sadness over the loss at least some of the aspects of UNM. I really liked the show. Maybe I just love Phil Hartman and Jerry Orbach too much.

I actually enjoyed UNM, but would rather have gotten a new show then bringing back most of the old show. But at least they didn't rip it all out and put in a shop!

stlbobby

I actually enjoyed UNM, but would rather have gotten a new show then bringing back most of the old show. But at least they didn't rip it all out and put in a shop!

I understand things have to change, and usually I am one of the first to defend the changes, but I was just hoping for an acknowledgement from the Disney community of the underlying talent in UNM. Maybe they'll put the pre-show on a CD or something so we just don't lose it.

MAF

Uh I though the waterfall wasn't coming back due to "plumbing issues." Talk about people getting upset over nothing. :rolleyes:

Nemo14

All I can say is...

picture.php

TP2000

This is all really good news! The pre-show, the interiors, the soundtrack, even the sign that pays homage to the Disneyland original by proclaiming it "Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room"!

This is such a much-needed breath of fresh air from the overly-corporate and marketing-driven blandness that Walt Disney World has been saddled with for the last decade. Such a refreshing change!

Look at you TDO management, there's actually some genuine personality and zip in you! Keep at it, and loosen those bland corporate shackles just a bit more, there's other ways all over the property to bring wit and personality back to Walt Disney World! Bravo TDO! :sohappy:

HMF

One other attraction with changed audio I forgot to mention was POTC. The instrumental under "Yo-Ho" was replaced with a modern recording at both DL and WDW. :cry:

Really? I can't really tell the difference, as for the Tiki Room I can't believe I am saying this but "Way to go TDO" for letting WED/WDI for restoring the show to it's former glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom