The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Hi - I recently joined the site and love reading your report. I'm in the planning mode of our next visit so the TRs are getting me psyched! You will LOVE POFQ - we stay there every year. The small size is so easy to navigate with a big family (no long walks). Try to hit the campfire one night to roast smores. We've missed it our last 2 trips but I plan to make it in January. I beleive they are provided free of charge to guests. have a great time!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Hi - I recently joined the site and love reading your report. I'm in the planning mode of our next visit so the TRs are getting me psyched! You will LOVE POFQ - we stay there every year. The small size is so easy to navigate with a big family (no long walks). Try to hit the campfire one night to roast smores. We've missed it our last 2 trips but I plan to make it in January. I beleive they are provided free of charge to guests. have a great time!!

I can;t wait to try the camp fire with the kids!

minnielaw

Yay!! So glad to see your Mickey package finally arrived!! About 2 more weeks for mine :(

I'm kind of at that point now where I just want to be there and I am so sick of waiting! My countdown began at a little under 365 days and I am now at 41 days!! So, I feel your pain. I want to get excited and start packing, but I know it is still way too early....

Alison1975

Original Poster
Yay!! So glad to see your Mickey package finally arrived!! About 2 more weeks for mine :(

I'm kind of at that point now where I just want to be there and I am so sick of waiting! My countdown began at a little under 365 days and I am now at 41 days!! So, I feel your pain. I want to get excited and start packing, but I know it is still way too early....

yep.. I am so tired of waiting..I want to go NOW!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Did some major "Stuff" organizing today...we are officially 1/2 packed. All that's left is the actual clothing and to get the food we are bringing!

One box..with various toiletries,laundry bags,sunscreen etc:
001-5.jpg

Box with glow sticks, water boxes and such:
003-1.jpg

First Aid kit..pretty sure we can fix anything except flesh eating bacteria with all this.. good thing is it stays in my van even after the trip so it get used all year long:
002-1.jpg

The kids and my backpack for the car ( and mine is for the parks too)..already filled with activities to keep them busy on the drive:
004-1.jpg

3 youngest kids luggage.. packed with trip specific items:
005.jpg

my bag,Noah's bag and the extra bag that is for the travel day/night and the 2 days at BWI so i don't have to drag the regular luggage in.
006.jpg

the leftovers.. my planning binder ( with travel docs and PhotoPass + stuff) our tube of quarters for laundry,our I95 book,the kids costumes ( or the parts we have thus far) filled mousekeeping envelopes,and one of the movies for the drive.
008.jpg

there really is nothing else to do now until the day or so before we leave..ahhhh

experiment624

reminds me of my mom, she would do the same thing when organizing our family of six on summer vacation. she would be proud of you, hee hee.

Alison1975

Original Poster
and because I didnt have enough on my mind..my stupid ex just had the sheriff serve me papers. Modification of support...Noah turns 18 in 2 days.. unreal!

DawnBerg

If you are in Dsiney when the court date comes you can do a phone conference. We just went thru the same thing with my Hubby's Ex and I swear she planned it that way lol. Fooled her tho. Congrats on the new grandchild!. DH and I are 43 each and we now have 4 grandchildren!! They are simply the extreme joys of our lives (not that our 7 children weren't lol). Our 2 oldest both each have 2 children and the firsts for each were unplanned and not what we would have wanted for them either but it has all worked out and we couldn't be happier! This is going to be our first trip to the WDW with one of our grandchildren (our 4 year old grandson). We are going to be at POP Sept 20 to Oct 4. I have simply been bouncing off the walls with anticipation!!! I just read your PTR and am sitting here staring at the bins, binders, half empty luggage and grinning from ear to ear knowing I am not alone in my lunacy!!! Someone out there feels my pain!!! lol We are driving in also a few days early and then 1 of our DD's, our grandson and his mommy are flying in to meet us. My DD has been driving me crazy wanting me to write a PTR and now I don't think I need to lol I can tell her to read yours it is soooo close to our story!! 26 days til we leave but 29 til we POP!!! :)

popcenturylover

If you are in Dsiney when the court date comes you can do a phone conference. We just went thru the same thing with my Hubby's Ex and I swear she planned it that way lol. Fooled her tho. Congrats on the new grandchild!. DH and I are 43 each and we now have 4 grandchildren!! They are simply the extreme joys of our lives (not that our 7 children weren't lol). Our 2 oldest both each have 2 children and the firsts for each were unplanned and not what we would have wanted for them either but it has all worked out and we couldn't be happier! This is going to be our first trip to the WDW with one of our grandchildren (our 4 year old grandson). We are going to be at POP Sept 20 to Oct 4. I have simply been bouncing off the walls with anticipation!!! I just read your PTR and am sitting here staring at the bins, binders, half empty luggage and grinning from ear to ear knowing I am not alone in my lunacy!!! Someone out there feels my pain!!! lol We are driving in also a few days early and then 1 of our DD's, our grandson and his mommy are flying in to meet us. My DD has been driving me crazy wanting me to write a PTR and now I don't think I need to lol I can tell her to read yours it is soooo close to our story!! 26 days til we leave but 29 til we POP!!! :)
We'll be at POP for 2 nights. (28th & 29th) The 5 previous nights are at AOA. So, maybe we'll see you there!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom