The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

popcenturylover

Figure he's been gone for 18 years.. he rarely pays support anyway..Noah will be 25 before he's done paying arrears ..lol
Yeah, i got a total of about 3 checks in 18 years! He will probably never pay back the arrears. Oh, well as long as he's out of my life! I told my daughter if she wants him in her life that's her choice but, now i don't have to deal with him anymore. Yay!

Alison1975

Original Poster
amazing how much help the kids will give me ( and each other) in deep cleaning their rooms when I tell them NO Disney until they are perfect :)

Alison1975

Original Poster
My daughter's costume is now complete.. we mostly used items we already owned ( yes I'm cheap). She's going as the "Princess of Hearts":

001-6.jpg

My youngest son's is also all set. Construction worker:
again using items we already owned.
004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

Alison1975

Original Poster
So we are 380 hours from leaving and guess what I've been doing..researching a trip for NEXT year..yep.. I think we are going the very end of Nov/early Dec ( depending on discounts) and we are going to do 2 days at Universal ,in one of their resorts. it will just be the 5 of us so we can DO more for less money ( then the 7-8 we've been paying for). We may even fly that time! Oh and the kicker..we are not going to tell the kids ..as far as they know we can not go back for 3 years.. ha ha..what a Christmas gift eh?

experiment624

So we are 380 hours from leaving and guess what I've been doing..researching a trip for NEXT year..yep.. I think we are going the very end of Nov/early Dec ( depending on discounts) and we are going to do 2 days at Universal ,in one of their resorts. it will just be the 5 of us so we can DO more for less money ( then the 7-8 we've been paying for). We may even fly that time! Oh and the kicker..we are not going to tell the kids ..as far as they know we can not go back for 3 years.. ha ha..what a Christmas gift eh?

awwwesommme~~~

For Uni hotels, I LOVE portofino bay and its excellent for kids. I stay at Portofino even if I'm not going to Uni. Lowes (hotel chain that owns Portofino) is awesome and they know luxury on large scale, I actually like that resort better than any disney resort (and I've stayed at most deluxe disney resorts).

Enjoy, and have fun planning!

Alison1975

Original Poster
awwwesommme~~~

For Uni hotels, I LOVE portofino bay and its excellent for kids. I stay at Portofino even if I'm not going to Uni. Lowes (hotel chain that owns Portofino) is awesome and they know luxury on large scale, I actually like that resort better than any disney resort (and I've stayed at most deluxe disney resorts).

Enjoy, and have fun planning!
Thats my choice for sure..if we get to go . The once best friend ( the one we went with last year and the one who's daughter is carrying my son's child) and I are done..so I no longer have a night job..which for my sanity and health is a good thing..but for Disney is a bad thing..

PartOfYourWorld

Thats my choice for sure..if we get to go . The once best friend ( the one we went with last year and the one who's daughter is carrying my son's child) and I are done..so I no longer have a night job..which for my sanity and health is a good thing..but for Disney is a bad thing..

Maybe get a job at another bar night time? Always worth a shot. And we are going at the end of November beginning of December this year too (crazy to have another trip so soon after we go in September) so excited. It will be beautiful at Christmastime

Alison1975

Original Poster
Maybe get a job at another bar night time? Always worth a shot. And we are going at the end of November beginning of December this year too (crazy to have another trip so soon after we go in September) so excited. It will be beautiful at Christmastime

I really hate the bar scene and only worked at this one because my friend owned it.. we dont need the money I make it was just extra..we will survive it wil just be awhile before we go again

Alison1975

Original Poster
I have my planner all reorganized and ready to go..in fact I just put it in the Stow n Go part of my van to be sure I don't forget it..lol..318 hours and counting:

001-7.jpg

The cards I made with park hours for whichever park we plan to be in, our ADR info and parade/show times. I keep this in my backpack once we are in Disney.
002-2.jpg

TP info sheets:
003-3.jpg

Pockets for each day.I throw all receipts in there at the end of the day so once we check out I can compare the charges.

004-3.jpg

DME info, our mickey mail, our photopass + voucher and MNSSHP tickets.

005-1.jpg

13 days and I am even more ready now!

Alison1975

Original Poster
is it bad that we have 11 days until we leave and I just completely packed my daughter..and she still has too many clothes in her dresser and closet??

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have my planner all reorganized and ready to go..in fact I just put it in the Stow n Go part of my van to be sure I don't forget it..lol..318 hours and counting:

001-7.jpg

The cards I made with park hours for whichever park we plan to be in, our ADR info and parade/show times. I keep this in my backpack once we are in Disney.
002-2.jpg

TP info sheets:
003-3.jpg

Pockets for each day.I throw all receipts in there at the end of the day so once we check out I can compare the charges.

004-3.jpg

DME info, our mickey mail, our photopass + voucher and MNSSHP tickets.

005-1.jpg

13 days and I am even more ready now!

Great Job.
I always thought I was organized.
SILLY SILLY me....I really have no idea what organized is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom