The "Dumbo or Die" Pre Trip report..

Hello all! Now that I have finally finished my TR from our August trip, AND I have managed to save the $$ we will need to book the next trip.. I'm starting a PTR!

So let's see.. first off..who we are..

here's 6 of the 7 of us that will be on this trip:

Myself~Alison..36 year old mother of 4, homeschooler and office manager by day and bartender at a night club by night.

My husband~Eric.. mold maker by day and a newly born Disney Fanatic!

My mother~ AKA Gigi... 60 something Disney nut like her daughter!

My oldest son Noah~17 ,.he turns into a 4 year old the moment he steps on Disney property.

My youngest 3 kids.. Declan 9, Jadziah 8 and Taejan 6..all VERY anxiously awaiting me saying "we are going BACK".. they went for the 1st time in August and not a day goes by that they don't say they want to go back!
Photo0208FourBySix-1.jpg

here's the oldest kiddo:
IMG_8488.jpg

This trip it will just be us. Last time we traveled with 20 people total.. 8 in just my group. This time there will be NO girlfriend( if your wondering why..read my last trip report..good reading!) and we are not traveling with our best friends. As much as I love them, and it was fine all being together..I am not doing it again.

When: well that's up in the air.. we are aiming for mid September. Being homeschoolers we are way more flexible than most. If we are very lucky and FD comes out then we are good for Mid September 2012..if not then March 2013 because I'll need more time to save for food..lol.

Now why the name of the PTR? Well see..we never did make it on Dumbo..my younger 3 kids will never forgive me I fear. Between the lines, the heat and the fact my daughter was not well on our last day in MK we just never managed to ride it. My oldest son LOVES to tell them that when we went he got the 1st ride of the day on Dumbo about 6 times.. thanks Noah!

The kids all want to stay at Pop Century again. I'm fine with that.. we need 2 rooms and values are the only way to go for that. I'd be fine with trying an All Star but am game for whatever!

I haven't called and made ressies..I'm waiting til March 1st in hopes of free dining coming out..if it doesn't then I will still make them and move them if need be!

Alison1975

Original Poster
The van we are taking down is all ready to be packed.. so anything that can go in will tonight. I've also packed all 3 younger kids totally. The boys will be wearing the same 3 outfits in rotation for the next 7 days but that's ok..they don't go to school so no one will really notice..lol

188 hours til we head south!

jlthomas81

The van we are taking down is all ready to be packed.. so anything that can go in will tonight. I've also packed all 3 younger kids totally. The boys will be wearing the same 3 outfits in rotation for the next 7 days but that's ok..they don't go to school so no one will really notice..lol

188 hours til we head south!

Been reading through your trip report...we leave on the 18th :) This is our first year of homeschooling my 6 year old daughter-Zoey (1st grade). We also have a 3 year old boy-Blake who falls on the Autism Spectrum, and he attends a local program every day for 2 hours. It was awesome to not have to worry about pulling my daughter out of school for 7 days so we could go on vacation!! And we are loving homeschooling :) We are staying at POP, but since there are only 4 of us, and didn't plan to make any ADR's since Blake can't sit still long enough to eat French Fries, let alone wait to be served, we are fine with the QS thing. We have 305 hours until our plane leaves STL :( Have a safe trip!!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Been reading through your trip report...we leave on the 18th :) This is our first year of homeschooling my 6 year old daughter-Zoey (1st grade). We also have a 3 year old boy-Blake who falls on the Autism Spectrum, and he attends a local program every day for 2 hours. It was awesome to not have to worry about pulling my daughter out of school for 7 days so we could go on vacation!! And we are loving homeschooling :) We are staying at POP, but since there are only 4 of us, and didn't plan to make any ADR's since Blake can't sit still long enough to eat French Fries, let alone wait to be served, we are fine with the QS thing. We have 305 hours until our plane leaves STL :( Have a safe trip!!

Congrats on the homeschooling! this is our 7th year! I hope you have an amazing trip!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Today I had to take my daughter to the Dr..sore throat that wasn't getting better.. she has strep..AGAIN..third time in 8 months..sigh

ratherbeinwdw

Great to see other home schooling moms on here. I've homeschooled my daughter, a senior this year, since kindergarten. I taught in the public school system for years before I had my daughter. Home schooling has been a joy. We have a huge support group where we live. It's been great having all the opportunities the public kids get. We even have a full-color yearbook and sports teams for our group.
We'll be down on the 19th staying at the AoA. This will be our third trip this year, which we wouldn't be able to do if she was in public school. We just can't miss Star Wars Weekends, MNSSHP or MVMCP.

Alison1975

Original Poster
Great to see other home schooling moms on here. I've homeschooled my daughter, a senior this year, since kindergarten. I taught in the public school system for years before I had my daughter. Home schooling has been a joy. We have a huge support group where we live. It's been great having all the opportunities the public kids get. We even have a full-color yearbook and sports teams for our group.
We'll be down on the 19th staying at the AoA. This will be our third trip this year, which we wouldn't be able to do if she was in public school. We just can't miss Star Wars Weekends, MNSSHP or MVMCP.

WOW..nice.. I have an 18 year old who was home for 7,8th part of 9th and 10th all of 11th and 12th. My other 3 have never been to school.

Alison1975

Original Poster
So we cleaned out the blue van ( we have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan crew..that is blue so we call it blue van, and we have a 2005 Chrysler Town n country that is red and we call it red van..lol) and packed the food and the 2 boxes of toiletries and such ( for 7 people mind you..gone 18 days). We bring light snacks for the resort and soda so we don't always have to go fill up our mugs. Anything we don't use will just come to Georgia with us as we always buy groceries for our time with my friend.

561750_10151093068141655_350569208_n.jpg

249777_10151093068271655_561204912_n.jpg

217128_10151093068471655_141420998_n.jpg

oh and DVD's...we have an overhead DVD player and a portable one. I'm mean and don't let them watch TV the whole 21+ hour drive..lol
260064_10151093068681655_326000826_n.jpg

ratherbeinwdw

So we cleaned out the blue van ( we have a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan crew..that is blue so we call it blue van, and we have a 2005 Chrysler Town n country that is red and we call it red van..lol) and packed the food and the 2 boxes of toiletries and such ( for 7 people mind you..gone 18 days). We bring light snacks for the resort and soda so we don't always have to go fill up our mugs. Anything we don't use will just come to Georgia with us as we always buy groceries for our time with my friend.

561750_10151093068141655_350569208_n.jpg

249777_10151093068271655_561204912_n.jpg

217128_10151093068471655_141420998_n.jpg

oh and DVD's...we have an overhead DVD player and a portable one. I'm mean and don't let them watch TV the whole 21+ hour drive..lol
260064_10151093068681655_326000826_n.jpg
OMG. 21 hours. We only have to drive 6 1/2 hours. That seems like nothing now.

Alison1975

Original Poster
We got postcards in the mail today inviting us to try fastpass+!!
Luckily I got the same time frame for all 7 of us for each thing..I totally had to rearrange our schedule but that's ok..lol.. we have fastpass+ for

Peter Pan's Flight
the afternoon parade
Buzzlight year
Haunted mansion

the later 2 aren't that big a deal but the parade and PPF will be great!

530022_10151095225336655_532818722_n.jpg

minnielaw

We got postcards in the mail today inviting us to try fastpass+!!
Luckily I got the same time frame for all 7 of us for each thing..I totally had to rearrange our schedule but that's ok..lol.. we have fastpass+ for

Peter Pan's Flight
the afternoon parade
Buzzlight year
Haunted mansion

the later 2 aren't that big a deal but the parade and PPF will be great!

530022_10151095225336655_532818722_n.jpg

Cool! I keep checking my email and mail to see if we are chosen to participate, but I think the window ends before we arrive on the 29th.

Glad I caught you before you logged out for good before the trip! Have a wonderful time and remember to slow down and really enjoy it all! Can't wait to hear how it went and see the TR!

Alison1975

Original Poster
Cool! I keep checking my email and mail to see if we are chosen to participate, but I think the window ends before we arrive on the 29th.

Glad I caught you before you logged out for good before the trip! Have a wonderful time and remember to slow down and really enjoy it all! Can't wait to hear how it went and see the TR!

yeah the last date was the 21st.. which wasn;t going to be a MK day but is now..LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom