The DHS Pixar revamp! (According to Jim Hill)

kingslyZISSOU

Because of the way suspended coasters are constructed I find this JH special more than a bit suspect. Besides being "too obvious" a concept I really find the whole "Disney has to build that door scene from MI" extremely grating. I am not sure why but it just gets under my skin. Maybe some coaster experts out there can analyze this concept and render an opinion. I am fairly certain it won't fit in Soundstage 1. Not even close. Someone is feeding Mr Hill some false rumors is my guess. Probably the same person who told him about the Russian Pavilion going to be built in World Showcase.

All that being said, the strange archway that was just built on Pixar Place (cast iron, turn of the century look) was lifted directly from a scene in Monsters Inc. So I think Jim Hill is half right in that a Monsters Inc mini-land is coming which will include a takeover of Soundstage 1. And the Bug's Life concept taking over HISTK playground seems too obvious for Pixar and WDI not to do.

The only way that Door Scene from Monsters Inc. happens is if it is a 4-D type motion ride that uses a Soarin' type ride system and an IMAX type film. Hey now there is a concept! :D

Why can't they add on to the stage 1 building? Like soarin on the land?
I'm pretty sure that sign is a duplicate from the Pixar campus. If that style is in Monsters Inc Its probably because that was the first film they made on their new campus (which Pixar places is modeled after).
And by the way, current 3d films can not be projected on a concave dome.

jt04

Why can't they add on to the stage 1 building? Like soarin on the land?
I'm pretty sure that sign is a duplicate from the Pixar campus. If that style is in Monsters Inc Its probably because that was the first film they made on their new campus (which Pixar places is modeled after).
And by the way, current 3d films can not be projected on a concave dome.

If Walt was around they would have solved that problem already.

You are right the building can be expanded but that would mean the immediate end of the Back Lot Tour once construction started. Heyyyyyyyy...............:lookaroun...............good idea! :lol:

PS I was talking about the other archway at the back of Pixar Place that looks completely different. Believe it or not there are three (yes three) arches that span Pixar Place. Two are connected and one is at the front which you mentioned (Pixar Campus Arch)

hokielutz

Why does everything nowadays have to have some sort of holier than thou "message"...why cant the message just be "fun rules"!!
Personally I like the smell of the exhaust fumes over there...that mixed with the smell of food and the flowers and trees is exciting to me. It reminds me of a time when attractions were made to be well FUN. Why do we have to worry about Carbon Footprints and emissions...GOD HOW BORING. IMO, either update it (make the cars better, slap some decals on there, update the theming etc...) as I believe they may have done recently...or just tear it out and put something new and exciting in there...hopefully with nothing to do with Pixar!!!

And yes I know, Walt liked that his rides had messages and inspired the brain as well as the funny bone but his messgaes were about how great we are, how great we can be and how with teamwork, ingenuity and freedom we can do anything. Not about how we are all killing the planet and everyone who even thinks about driving a race car is a horrible person.

I didn't mean for this to be a "holier than thou" attraction. I meant to put some tongue-in-cheek reference to the whole carbon footprint. I could've suggested we throw in a pre-race video that features Al Gore :rolleyes:, but that would really cross the line.

Personally, I don't care about carbon paw prints, credits, debits, or political junk like that. I do think the smell of poorly combusted gas detracts from the park experience. Also, if it would stay in tomorrow land, the re-engineering of the engines that run the race cars would fit the theming of the land the attraction is in. I just think that slapping in another lawn-mower engine under a Cars themed fiberglass cover is a bit of a yawner, when Disney has a chance to do something else that is innovative.

Thiger

I concur,

I dont it was meant to be 'holier than thou'
just an idea to compliment the redesign

I concur that there's a lot of 'greenwashing' going on but I dont think this was a part of that.

It would be really cool to see those things with future tech (and a little more speed)

BillsFanGabe

I think that would be very cool if DHS got a Monsters Inc Roller Coaster, yeah that scene from the movie fits in so perfectly. If this rumor is true then i really look forward to it. I love Monsters Inc.

MickeyJman06

that looks like the roller coaster verision of this: click here
i have my expectations are low on this, because i dont trust Jim Hill
so i won't post again on this topic UNTIL i see something about this on screamscape :wave:

sbkline

I hope that these rumors are true if for no other reason than to shoot down the theories that WDW is in dire economic straights and is having to resort to cutting back Fantasmic in order to avert a financial crisis. :lol: They can't be doing that bad financially, if they are able to proceed with all these things.

NadieMasK2

Inverted? What will it be like Rugrat's Runaway Reptar at Kings Island? That's the only family style inverted coaster I can think of that can be used.

I actually love this ride and think that would be a neat coaster to have in WDW, I just hope they would make it longer. That ride seems so short to me for the wait you have.

I don't care if it's Pixar, it's exciting to me. Pixar is Disney, and this is the direction they need to go in order to capture this generation of children's interests. As long as they take care of the classics, give them the TLC they need without losing their heart, I am happy.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

^Ya, I think it will be longer. As someone has said, it does need to fulfill the capacity needs. So I think a new layout will be seen if they even use this type of coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom