The DHS Pixar revamp! (According to Jim Hill)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Plans for DHS are certainly focussing on ride more than show, and should also address park capacity as well as balancing out the Sunset/rest of park and Sunset/PP flows. All being well DHS will be known more as a great park and not a confused idea with a new name.

Missing20K

Thanks Marni, great info as always. I, too, have always wondered about crowd distributions throughout DHS. Even when the park is full, it seems as though a greater proportion is in the sunset area. Any thoughts on F! pulling back to two days a week having anything to do with crowd distribution? If there is no F! the sunset area wouldn't be nearly as much of a draw, and maybe crowds would be more evenly distributed in the park. Thanks again!

DTM93

With the popularity of Wall.E at the moment, maybe they may think of adding a Wall.E attraction, will just have to wait and see.

yeti

So.....Toy Story Mania came to both DCA and WDW, Little Mermaid coming to both DCA and WDW, and now this?

I guess there's no reason to care at all about the DCA makeover anymore. :(

Harry456

I am a fan of oringal ride ideas. I wish WDI would create more oringal than based on movies, but i am a pretty easy guy. I would not mind a Monster's Inc. roller coaster. As long as it is good. knowing WDI, It almost postive it will be.

my thoughts on the roller coaster type is a Inverted coaster because Disney needs a inverted coaster. (i am a big fan of inverted coaster). A inverted coaster would be perfect with the Doors scene chase. (IMO).

Disney.....just give me the Fire Coaster or Indy Coaster. please.....:)

EDIT: 100th POST YAY!!!!!

Spike-in-Berlin

I am a fan of oringal ride ideas. I wish WDI would create more oringal than based on movies, but i am a pretty easy guy. I would not mind a Monster's Inc. roller coaster. As long as it is good. knowing WDI, It almost postive it will be.

my thoughts on the roller coaster type is a Inverted coaster because Disney needs a inverted coaster. (i am a big fan of inverted coaster). A inverted coaster would be perfect with the Doors scene chase. (IMO).

Disney.....just give me the Fire Coaster or Indy Coaster. please.....:)

EDIT: 100th POST YAY!!!!!

I prefer original attractions too. HM (the movie came much later), JC, PotC (the movies again came later), EE, BTMR, SM etc. are far superior to Snow White, SGE and other movie based attractions. The only true exceptions are Splash Mountain and the little gem called Peter Pans Flight.

But what do you mean with Fire Coaster? Fire Mountain I presume, right? I am just DYING for that one too. But I think we will still have to wait quite a long time for that one.:(
And whats Indy Coaster? Do you mean the Indy Coaster from DLP?

Harry456

I prefer original attractions too. HM (the movie came much later), JC, PotC (the movies again came later), EE, BTMR, SM etc. are far superior to Snow White, SGE and other movie based attractions. The only true exceptions are Splash Mountain and the little gem called Peter Pans Flight.

But what do you mean with Fire Coaster? Fire Mountain I presume, right? I am just DYING for that one too. But I think we will still have to wait quite a long time for that one.:(

that would be a yes and yes....lol

i don't have that much exposure to other rides in other Disney Parks (i only went to Disney World), and i heard Fire Mountain all the time. If a DISNEY roller coaster is talk about then it must be a good roller coaster. Also i looked at DisneySea on the Internet and i think Raging Seas would be awesome too.

it is funny you ask about Indy roller coaster. Is the Indy coaster in DisneyLand and the one in DisneyParis the same?

RSoxNo1

I was under the impression that Fire Mountain was to have an Atlantis tie in, while Bald Mountain would feature all of the villains.

As much as I love the original attractions like those that you listed, you compared them to arguably the two worst movie based attractions in the parks. Effectively you compared E tickets to B/C tickets.

Spike-in-Berlin

that would be a yes and yes....lol

i don't have that much exposure to other rides in other Disney Parks (i only went to Disney World), and i heard Fire Mountain all the time. If a DISNEY roller coaster is talk about then it must be a good roller coaster. Also i looked at DisneySea on the Internet and i think Raging Seas would be awesome too.

it is funny you ask about Indy roller coaster. Is the Indy coaster in DisneyLand and the one in DisneyParis the same?

There is only one Indiana Jones Coaster existing worldwide. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril in Paris, a rollercoaster which includes an inversion. I did it but I have to admit I was less than thrilled. I don't like coasters with too visible construction. But in Disneyland the Indy attraction ist not a coaster at all but an EMV-ride, the same technology used in the, in my eyes much more inferior, Dinosaur-ride in DAK. I think an Indiana Jones Adventure is one of the actually most needed attractions in WDW, placed in DHS.
And concerning TDS, after what I saw so far the park must be amazing! I have not been there however.

Spike-in-Berlin

I was under the impression that Fire Mountain was to have an Atlantis tie in, while Bald Mountain would feature all of the villains.

As much as I love the original attractions like those that you listed, you compared them to arguably the two worst movie based attractions in the parks. Effectively you compared E tickets to B/C tickets.

Then name one of the better movie based attractions in the park. BLSRS? REALLY fun, I love it but it is a quite cheap attraction. Winnie the pooh? I preferred Snow White but thats of course a matter of personal priorities.

About Fire Mountain: After what I read it was developed independently for Adventureland, at about the same time when villains mountain/bald mountain was developed for Fantasyland. It was planned with a polynesian theming and should increase the theming of the Polynesian because it would have been visible from there as a background silhoutte. But they planned to connect it to Atlantis to increase it's popularity in case the movie would be a hit. We know it wasn't so it was postponed but I don't think completely cancelled. But, I could be wrong of course.

Harry456

There is only one Indiana Jones Coaster existing worldwide. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril in Paris, a rollercoaster which includes an inversion. I did it but I have to admit I was less than thrilled. I don't like coasters with too visible construction. But in Disneyland the Indy attraction ist not a coaster at all but an EMV-ride, the same technology used in the, in my eyes much more inferior, Dinosaur-ride in DAK. I think an Indiana Jones Adventure is one of the actually most needed attractions in WDW, placed in DHS.
And concerning TDS, after what I saw so far the park must be amazing! I have not been there however.

lol....now that you explain the difference, i realize i knew that already. I had a brain fart there. THANKS Spike-in-Berlin!

personally, Hollywood Studios could benefit from having a mild thrill ride like the Indy roller coaster. (DisneyParis - version) It looks like a Thunder Mountain clone, but i may be wrong. Beside, what is a young kid going do for mild thrill ride if they are afraid of Tower of Terror and Rock and Roll: roller coaster? ride the Indy roller coaster.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One warning; the Indy coaster at DLP (and Raging Spirits at TDS) isn`t mild. Aside from a very tight loop the center of gravity in the cars is very high. A very unusual, and very rough, ride. For worse than BTM, and with no let-up until the station.

RSoxNo1

Then name one of the better movie based attractions in the park. BLSRS? REALLY fun, I love it but it is a quite cheap attraction. Winnie the pooh? I preferred Snow White but thats of course a matter of personal priorities.

About Fire Mountain: After what I read it was developed independently for Adventureland, at about the same time when villains mountain/bald mountain was developed for Fantasyland. It was planned with a polynesian theming and should increase the theming of the Polynesian because it would have been visible from there as a background silhoutte. But they planned to connect it to Atlantis to increase it's popularity in case the movie would be a hit. We know it wasn't so it was postponed but I don't think completely cancelled. But, I could be wrong of course.

Most E-Tickets don't have movie tie ins, the movie tie ins are saved for the C/D tickets like The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Buzz Lightyear, Monster's Inc Laugh Floor, It's Tough to be a Bug. If you want to look at an E-Ticket with a movie tie in, look at Disneyland's Indiana Jones ride.

I have no problem with the character tie ins, but the ride itself needs to be good. I wasn't the biggest fan of Monster's Inc, but I really enjoyed Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Finding Nemo is probably my favorite Pixar movie, but I'm not a fan of the songs in the musical, and could therefore do with it, even thought it looks amazing.

tinkerblonde11

With all of these Pixar rides moving in, why don't they just make a whole new park that is called Pixar Place instead of having a small Pixar Place in DHS? Then instead of having Pixar Place in DHS, you can make it into some Disney Villains themed area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom