8. True
9. False
10. False

For some reason that seems like too many True's. . . . :lol:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Nim got 9/10 correct!

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
1. "It's a Small World" played as the exit music of Illuminations in 1988.

True! This also played with the heart-warming GE theme, heard outside of Horizons for nearly 20 years.

2. Tom Fitzgerald, Vice President of Disney Imagineering, played a character in Horizons (1983-1999).

Yes; this is the Beach Boy in both animatronic and film form!

3. "Now is the Time" can be heard in front of Main Street Station entrance, as well as in Tomorrowland Plaza.

As of recent, yes!

4. MET is the name of the scientific laboratories in Body Wars.

Yes, and this alone could potentially close the Wonders of Life!

5. The "If You Had Wings" ride building was sponsored by Eastern Airlines until "Delta Dreamflight" took its place.

False. If You Had Wings became "If You Could Fly" for a short period when Eastern dropped out of sponsoring the ride (and therefore ride building).

6. In "Ellen's Energy Crisis," Judy reveals that her nickname for Ellen was "Stupid Ellen."

True! And Ellen calls Judy..."Stupid Judy!"

7. An "It's a Small World" gift shop was recently planned to replace the Fantasyland skyway building.

True. This has been put on hold for an unknown amount of time.

8. Jeremy Irons can be heard in both "Spaceship Earth" and "The Timekeeper."

True. Irons narrates Spaceship Earth, and he also provides the voice for HG Wells in "The Timekeeper."

9. If guests take off their earphones in Disneyland's new "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln," President Lincoln appears to say nothing.

True. All of the show audio for the new show is only played through headphones.

10. The Sherman Brothers only wrote "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

True. Walt Disney asked the two to come see the show. When the Sherman Brothers asked what it was about after the show, they were assigned to put it to tune!

Nim goes next! Congratulations!

SirNim

wait.... I got 9 correct?

Someone double-check that... :lol:

No, really... I'm serious.. double-check that.. I think there was a mistake... :lookaroun

General Grizz

Original Poster
:eek:

OH MY GOSH! Nim - change your answers - quick!

LOL, just kidding folks.

Since SirNim got the most right first, he can go next. I am so sorry, folks!

SirNim

:eek:
OH MY GOSH! Nim - change your answers - quick!
LOL, just kidding folks.
Since SirNim got the most right first, he can go next. I am so sorry, folks!
:lol:

Quite all right...

:)

I *knew* I couldn't have received a score of 9/10... :lol: Well, I maybe could have... er-, but... well...

Gah!

I'll have a new set of questions tomorrow (hopefully)... ;)

SirNim

I'm really busy... the next set of questions will be up sometime early next week... Sorry for the delay, but I'm swamped... :D

SirNim

First to 8 wins! :)

Good luck! :)

1. The UK pavilion in Epcot was once home to a shop called “Shortbread Cottage”.

2. The Green Thumb Emporium in The Land was once named “Tomato & Co.”

3. Main Street Fire Station became a gift shop in 1992.

4. A bandstand was originally planned to be built just off the MK hub, near the bridge to Liberty Square.

5. The “Magnolia Bend” section of Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort is themed to the rustic lodges of the dark bayou.

6. The design of the Animal Kingdom Lodge is based on Swahili concepts of semicircles.

7. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad celebrated its Grand Opening on September 23, 1980.

8. Innoventions East features green signage while Innoventions West features blue signage.

9. The Living Seas main aquarium tank is 29 feet deep.

10. The Sorcerer Mickey Hat at the end of Hollywood Boulevard at Disney-MGM Studios weighs 165 tons!

isnet396

1. The UK pavilion in Epcot was once home to a shop called “Shortbread Cottage”.

False

There's a Green Thumb Emporium?

I think the Fire Station was at DL....but the one at WDW is the merchandise pick up area now?

4. A bandstand was originally planned to be built just off the MK hub, near the bridge to Liberty Square.

True

5. The “Magnolia Bend” section of Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort is themed to the rustic lodges of the dark bayou.

True

6. The design of the Animal Kingdom Lodge is based on Swahili concepts of semicircles.

True

7. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad celebrated its Grand Opening on September 23, 1980.

True....or something around that

8. Innoventions East features green signage while Innoventions West features blue signage.

False (Other way around, maybe?)

True...although I would think its a bit larger than that

10. The Sorcerer Mickey Hat at the end of Hollywood Boulevard at Disney-MGM Studios weighs 165 tons!
True

LeaveALegacyGuy

Originally posted by SirNim
First to 8 wins! :)

Good luck! :)

1. True
2. False
3. False
4. False
5. True
6. True
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. False

SirNim

LALG, you're only ONE short of 8! (you got 7 correct, I believe)...

Good job though, you can try again! :)

:sohappy:

SirNim

I believe we have a winner! :)

kevlightyear, Your Turn! :D :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

The Answers are as follows:

ANSWERS:

1. The UK pavilion in Epcot was once home to a shop called “Shortbread Cottage”. – FALSE – Biscuit Barrel

2. The Green Thumb Emporium in The Land was once named “Tomato & Co.” – FALSE… A gift shop in The Land was once called “Broccoli & Co.”…

3. Main Street Fire Station became a gift shop in 1992. FALSE – Temporarily was a gift shop in 1991, permanently became a gift shop in 1993.

4. A bandstand was originally planned to be built just off the MK hub, near the bridge to Liberty Square… FALSE – planned to have been built in front of the Crystal Palace…

5. The “Magnolia Bend” section of Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort is themed to the rustic lodges of the dark bayou. – False, Alligator Bayou is themed to rustic lodges while Magnolia Bend is themed to plantation mansions.

6. The design of the Animal Kingdom Lodge is based on Swahili concepts of semicircles. – False – Kraal design of semicircles, NOT Swahili design…

7. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad celebrated its Grand Opening on September 23, 1980. – FALSE, it opened on September 23, 1980 and celebrated its Grand Opening on November 15, 1980.

8. Innoventions East features green signage while Innoventions West features blue signage. - TRUE

9. The Living Seas main aquarium tank is 29 feet deep. – False – 27 feet.

10. The Sorcerer Mickey Hat at the end of Hollywood Boulevard at Disney-MGM Studios weighs 165 tons! – FALSE 156 tons.

kevlightyear

Wow, I didn't think I did that well. Those were great questions!

Ok guys, school's started back for me, so I won't be able to get the next round up until the weekend. But they will get up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom