The D-Fibulator!

kevlightyear

Nice job, legacy, I appreciate it!

Wow, ok guys, sorry about that. It totally escaped my mind. With school and all this week, I don't think I'm gonna have time to get a worthwhile set of questions up anytime soon. I'm really sorry to have to guys wait and then not get anything :hammer: :hammer: . If someone else wants to go ahead and post, that would be fine with me. If not, then it might be a while before I get some questions.

Again, I'm really sorry about it!

SirNim

Originally posted by LeaveALegacyGuy
If you want, I can do it, but it has to be this weekend because of school.:)
OK.. you can post the next round.... I would, but then again, I have school too! :lol:

LeaveALegacyGuy

Well, here is the long waited
Round Eleven! First to 8 wins!

1. Main street was inspired by Marceline, Missouri were Walt spent part of his time growing up.

2. As you enter the Magic Kingdom the walkways are red. This was Walt's idea. The idea is for the guests to feel that WDW is laying down the "Red Carpet" for them. They don't know that that is the reason for the red but that is the reasoning behind it.

3. Main Street slopes upward as it approaches the Castle. This allows people to walk up hill to get the magical appearance.

4. When the Tower of Terror was being built, it was struck by lightning.

5. It is a fact that when the Tower of Tower first opened, it almost immediately closed. A cast member told me it was because one of the elevators malfunctioned.

6. You'll see a long brick wall to your right as you approach Muppet Vision 4D from Star Tours. Along the top of the wall are planters with flowers and such in them. If you follow them along to the very end, the last one has a banana in it instead of the flowers.

7. The 'mouse' that gets cloned in the "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" show is actually an albino rat, not a mouse. It's far too big to be a mouse, and, being familiar with rats, I can say that they'd be a lot friendlier and more well behaved on the set when they were originally recording the show.

8. On the top of the building behind Spaceship Earth there is a camera. It is operated by anyone visiting the VIP/AT&T lounge on the 2nd floor via touch screen terminal. It has a high enough zoom that you can see if a person is wearing earrings while standing under the monorail track at the gateway to World Showcase.

9. The central computer complex for Epcot are located under Innoventions West.

10. The Living Seas aquarium is not big enough to fit Spaceship Earth inside it.

Good Luck!:)
Sorry It is so long!

AKQJ10

WHat the heck, I'll give it a whirl...

1. True
2. True
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. False
7. True
8. False
9. False
10. False

:hammer: :confused: :cool: :D

Have a great weekend!!!

LeaveALegacyGuy

Good Job AKQJ10 you got 8/10!:D :king: :sohappy:

1. Main street was inspired by Marceline, Missouri were Walt spent part of his time growing up.

True

2. As you enter the Magic Kingdom the walkways are red. This was Walt's idea. The idea is for the guests to feel that WDW is laying down the "Red Carpet" for them. They don't know that that is the reason for the red but that is the reasoning behind it.

True

3. Main Street slopes upward as it approaches the Castle. This allows people to walk up hill to get the magical appearance.

False. Main Street slopes upward as it approaches the Castle. This allows weary people to walk down hill at the end of the day to make their exit easier.

4. When the Tower of Terror was being built, it was struck by lightning.

True

5. It is a fact that when the Tower of Tower first opened, it almost immediately closed. A cast member told me it was because one of the elevators malfunctioned.

False. One of the backstage inside walls had blown out.

6. You'll see a long brick wall to your right as you approach Muppet Vision 4D from Star Tours. Along the top of the wall are planters with flowers and such in them. If you follow them along to the very end, the last one has a banana in it instead of the flowers.

False. The last one has an ice cream sundae in it instead of the flowers.

7. The 'mouse' that gets cloned in the "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" show is actually an albino rat, not a mouse. It's far too big to be a mouse, and, being familiar with rats, I can say that they'd be a lot friendlier and more well behaved on the set when they were originally recording the show.

True

8. On the top of the building behind Spaceship Earth there is a camera. It is operated by anyone visiting the VIP/AT&T lounge on the 2nd floor via touch screen terminal. It has a high enough zoom that you can see if a person is wearing earrings while standing under the monorail track at the gateway to World Showcase.

True

9.The central computer complex for Epcot are located under Innoventions West.

False. Innoventions East.

10. The Living Seas aquarium is not big enough to fit Spaceship Earth inside it.

False. It is big enough to fit Spaceship Earth in it.

AriBelle23

Originally posted by LeaveALegacyGuy
Good Job AKQJ10 you got 8/10!:D :king: :sohappy:

True

Awww I like that answer!! But when I was on the "Keys to the Kingdom" Tour, our tour guide told us that the reasoning for the walkways at the Magic Kingdom being red is because when guests come to WDW they go into "Vacation Daze" that could cause them to miss the step up onto the walkway, so if it was red, it would catch their eyes more and they wouldn't trip. It had to do with the 4 ways that make WDW work so well: Show, Courtesy, Efficiency, and Safety...the red walkways fell under the "safety" category. But I do like the "red carpet" answer a lot better! :) ..I think they are both right!

AKQJ10

See... that was the tricky part... I knew some anwsers were either true or false, but the reasoning behind it wasn't correct. So, for example, the question about the slop of Main Street being uphill was true, the reason was false, so I didn't know the best way to anwser it. :brick:

Anyway, I'll throw a few out...

1. Horizons closed on January 9, 1994
2. Billy Barty was the voice of the Dreamfinder in Journey INto Imagination
3. Magician Doug Henning was a consultant for the creation of The Adventurer's Club
4. The original name of the Disney Village Marketplace was the Walt Disney World Village
5. The song "You can Fly, You Can Fly, You Can Fly" could be heard in "If You Had Wings"
6. In the Animal Kingdom, the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail is the new name of the "Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail"
7. In the Backstage Pass attraction in the Disney MGM studios, the name of the boat which is hit by the big, man-made waves is the Miss Tilly.
8. The Astro Orbiter was originally known as Star Jets
9. The CyberSpace Mountain attraction in DisneyQuest is hosted by Bill Nye the Science Guy
10. The Movies resort is the most recent addition to Disney's All Star Resorts

GOOD LUCK!!!! (8/10 wins...well, the right to go next and that's it) :king: :sohappy:

AriBelle23

I am horrible at true and false. Some of these just sound soooo famailar that I can't decide if they are true or not...but here is my best shot!! :)

1. F
2. F
3. T
4. T
5. T
6. T
7. F
8. T
9. T
10. F

AKQJ10

Mickeybabe... you didn't let me down (as usual), and you got 8/10 right!!! (take a bow, please)
The answers were:

1. False - 1/9/99
2. False - He was the voice of Figment
3. True
4. False - The original name was Lake Buena Vista Village
5. False - It can be heard on Peter Pan
6. True
7. False - Miss Fortune (Miss Tilly is in Typhoon Lagoon)
8. True
9. True
10. True

Bravissimo!!! :sohappy:

Your Turn!

-A

MickeyBabe

Here we go again....

1. You can find the bananas from Kitchen Kaberet in the basement of the Haunted Mansion.

2. The WEDway People mover was originally sponsored by Westinghouse Electric.

3. A Matterhorn attraction was never planned for WDW.

4. In Pirates of the Caribbean toward the end of the ride, there is a painting of a real Pirate, Bluebeard.

5. Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park exhibits the largest, most complete Tyrannosaurus Rex fossil ever found.

6. JII's Figment was inspired by Magnum P.I.

7. The Splash Mountain entire flume system can be drained of its roughly 965,000 gallons of water in 5 minutes and can be totally refilled in just over 20 minutes.

8. The last song heard as you are exiting "The Enchanted Tiki Room, Under New Management" is the classic Disney song "Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho".

9. In the American Adventure's Depression Era scene, six apples may be purchased with a dime.

10. This phrase... "Is there a problem officers?" has been heard in Mr. Toads Wild Ride.

Good Luck :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom