The D-Fibulator!

SirNim

OH MY! I FORGOT TO POST THE ANSWERS! :D

OK! :D

Here they are...

1. When the Adventureland Veranda restaurant closed in July 1993, its sponsor was Kikkoman. – FALSE! Closed in July 1994.

2. The third WDW Railroad train station in the MK opened in 1989 in what was then called “Mickey’s Birthdayland”. – FALSE! Opened in 1988.

3. There are 25 Leave a Legacy sculptures in Epcot’s Main Entrance Plaza. – FALSE! 30 sculptures!

4. In the former Millennium Village pavilion in Epcot, New Zealand was quoted as giving “The Gift of Hope”. – TRUE!

5. Likewise, Indonesia was quoted as giving “The Gift of Health”. – FALSE! India was the Gift of Health, Indonesia was the Gift of Light.

6. Millennium Village covers 65,000 sq. feet. – FALSE! 60,000 sq. feet.

7. Empress Lily, which later became Fulton’s Crab House, closed in 1995. – TRUE!

8. At one time, the Discovery River in DAK hosted the “Radio Disney River Cruise”. – TRUE!

9. The current icon of the Disney-MGM Studios is the Earful Tower. – FALSE! Sorcerer Mickey Hat!

10. Coronado Springs Resort opened on February 1, 1998. – FALSE! August 1, 1997.

:D Sorry 'bout that! :D

MickeyBabe

Well here it is, my first attempt, so I am sticking to SirNim's ten question abbreviation.....

ROUND EIGHT

1. The Audio Animatronics in the Great Movie Ride are so true to life that Gene Kelly's Daughter brings her children to visit "Grandpa".

2. At Rose and Crown Dining Room and Pub in World Showcase (United Kingdom), a specially designed ale warmer can heat your Guinness to 13°C (55°F), the temperature favoured by the Irish.

3. The bananas from The Land's "Kitchen Kaberet" can be found in the basement of the Haunted Mansion.

4. The back half of the airplane from the Great Movie Ride's Casablanca scene can be found at Planet Hollywood.

5. The three hitchhiking ghosts in the Haunted Mansion are Ezekiel, Phineas and Gus.

6. The 25th Anniversary edition of Disney Dollars have Simba on the front of the $10.00 bill.

7. In the Carousel of Progress, the voice of Uncle Orville was recorded by Mel Blanc.

8. The benches at Disney's Animal Kingdom are made from recycled tires.

9. The musical staff notes that appear across the registration desk at Disney's Port Orleans Resort spell out the first verse of "Go To The Mardi Gras."

10. The extinct attraction World of Motion was narrated by Walter Cronkite.

Good Luck :D

MickeyBabe

Wel, so many great attempts here this afternoon

First we have...

LeaveALegacyGuy, you got 5/10 right. Great try!

SirNim, you bettered him by one with 6/10 :)

kevlightyear, improving on the previous posters you came away with a 7/10 :D

And last but not least...

grizzlyhall.... you have won the opportunity to host the next round with an 8/10 score :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

I'll post the answers momentarily....

:animwink:

MickeyBabe

Here you go....

Answers to Round Eight....

1. False. Isabella Rossellini, Ingrid Bergman's daughter brings her children to see "Grandma".

2. True

3. True

4. False. The back half of the airplane from the Casablanca scene is seen on the Jungle Cruise.

5. False. The three hitchhiking ghosts in the Haunted Mansion are Ezra, Phineas and Gus.

6. True

7. True

8. False. The benches at Disney's Animal Kingdom are made from recycled milk jugs.

9. False. The musical staff notes at the registration desk at Disney's Port Orleans Resort are from "When the Saints go Marching In."

10. False. World of Motion was narrated by (Laugh In's) Gary Owens.

Griz.... You're up!!!!

:D

General Grizz

Original Poster
Alright...the first person to get 8/10 correct wins!

1. "It's a Small World" played as the exit music of Illuminations in 1988.

2. Tom Fitzgerald, Vice President of Disney Imagineering, played a character in Horizons (1983-1999).

3. "Now is the Time" can be heard in front of Main Street Station entrance, as well as in Tomorrowland Plaza.

4. MET is the name of the scientific laboratories in Body Wars.

5. The "If You Had Wings" ride building was sponsored by Eastern Airlines until "Delta Dreamflight" took its place.

6. In "Ellen's Energy Crisis," Judy reveals that her nickname for Ellen was "Stupid Ellen."

7. An "It's a Small World" gift shop was recently planned to replace the Fantasyland skyway building.

8. Jeremy Irons can be heard in both "Spaceship Earth" and "The Timekeeper."

9. If guests take off their earphones in Disneyland's new "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln," President Lincoln appears to say nothing.

10. The Sherman Brothers only wrote "In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room" for Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room.

MickeyBabe

Okay... here goes...

1. False
2. True
3. False
4. True
5. False
6. True
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. False

Let's see how my educated guesses work out, I am hoping for at least a couple right :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom