The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

He's just already learned an important life lesson: food always tastes better when someone else makes it.
Not true at all.

You don't want grandma's Christmas cookies. Her cookies were so bad that the birds refused to eat them. My Mom is way better at baking cookies.

My Dad makes a much better turkey than his late mom did. Grandma could could some things good, but not everything and had an ego that prevented her to admit that my parents are able to make a better turkey than she can.

My dad makes his turkey like his grandma did and he learned to cook from her instead of his mom. His Mom always served a very dry turkey on Thanksgiving and was a lost cause for turkeys.

Dad one year gave his Grandma a butterball turkey when I a kid, but she made it dry. What happened was grandma took all the juice of the turkey.

You don't want my dad's sisters to help with Thanksgiving meal either. They put way too much milk into the mashed potatoes and made them soupy one year. That was the same Thanksgiving that the gravy was bad also.

StarWarsGirl

At least you weren't driving yourself to the hospital while having an asthma attack;)

Han Solo Flirting GIF

StarWarsGirl

Cost cutting IT is always the dumbest decision.
Yeah, it is. We actually reversed here. We used to have IT based out of the Phillipines and now most of our IT people are internal. Right now we have some IT support because we have a major project going on, but we normally don't. We also had an entire support team quit at once, so we hired some outside support to help in the interim. My boss was like, I wonder what happened there, and I'm like...

Oh I Know GIF by M&M’S Chocolate

Cesar R M

Not true at all.

You don't want grandma's Christmas cookies. Her cookies were so bad that the birds refused to eat them. My Mom is way better at baking cookies.

My Dad makes a much better turkey than his late mom did. Grandma could could some things good, but not everything and had an ego that prevented her to admit that my parents are able to make a better turkey than she can.

My dad makes his turkey like his grandma did and he learned to cook from her instead of his mom. His Mom always served a very dry turkey on Thanksgiving and was a lost cause for turkeys.

Dad one year gave his Grandma a butterball turkey when I a kid, but she made it dry. What happened was grandma took all the juice of the turkey.

You don't want my dad's sisters to help with Thanksgiving meal either. They put way too much milk into the mashed potatoes and made them soupy one year. That was the same Thanksgiving that the gravy was bad also.
Does this means your family has vampires? I mean.. how do you make a butterball turkey dry? XD

cjack300zx

Went out to eat this afternoon, got our drinks and placed our order for food. After watching three couples that arrived after us get their food before us and one of those couples was done eating and ready to leave I got up and complained to the manager. Manager said we are short staffed and doing the best we can. I told him that doesn't explain why people are getting their food and leaving before us as we didn't order anything abnormal and it was just me and my mom. Total of 40 minutes waiting after ordering as when I got up and said something to the manager, not one time did someone stop and say hey your food will be up shortly. It was 4pm when we sat down. What do you guys think? Was I wrong for complaining ?

wdwfan4ver

Does this means your family has vampires? I mean.. how do you make a butterball turkey dry? XD
My dad thought the same thing is you towards a butterball turkey being dry originally.

His mom found a way to take the juice out and my mom saw her mother-in-law do it since she was in the kitchen. I forgot what she used for taking the juice out since this happened back in the 80s. I remembered this because she did the impossible for making a butterball turkey dry.

My dad original thought the problem was the brand of the turkey for his mom before buying the butterball turkey.

My parents, my younger brother and I all made butterball turkeys before and they never were dry for us. They fall apart.

One thing though,, Grandma also used to make very bad Christmas cookies. I rather not say how bad.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Went out to eat this afternoon, got our drinks and placed our order for food. After watching three couples that arrived after us get their food before us and one of those couples was done eating and ready to leave I got up and complained to the manager. Manager said we are short staffed and doing the best we can. I told him that doesn't explain why people are getting their food and leaving before us as we didn't order anything abnormal and it was just me and my mom. Total of 40 minutes waiting after ordering as when I got up and said something to the manager, not one time did someone stop and say hey your food will be up shortly. It was 4pm when we sat down. What do you guys think? Was I wrong for complaining ?
No, but you were crazy for staying. I'd have gone to McDonalds before I waited that long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom