The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
2752f189-e92c-413e-b831-3dbd3a89494d_text.gif
Just pointing out the irony of the photo.

Goofyernmost

Thank you highway. I guess I will have to the garage to protect it from the rain.
View attachment 583869
Luck has a lot to do with that. I've had about 4 of those over the years but many rocks have hit the windshield with no issues. Windshields all have a high stress points, if you know where they are you can practically crack it with a finger nail. I remember many, many years ago when I was a kid. My father had just bought a new Buick. He ran a trucking company and he had it in there just washing it. He casually mentioned that he was going to follow behind some dump trucks to see if he could get the windshield chipped so he could replace it with a tinted windshield. An old mechanic that worked for him heard what he said and quietly walked up, took a very small plastic ice scrapper, lifted up the wiper blade and very gently tapped the windshield with the edge of the scrapper and instantly the windshield looked like a spiderweb. In other words they aren't invincible. At least now, you can usually get it repaired if it doesn't spread to far and most insurance companies cover the repair completely. If you wait to long that the crack starts to head out from the point, the insurance will pay, but there will be a deductible you have to pay. That's the incentive to have it repaired quickly and not wait until it gets worse.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Thankfully, most of our team is IT literate.. so they don't do that :p
I supported a company of a couple thousand people.

There were definitely stupid people in there.

I especially liked the ones who put in multiple tickets hoping to get someone different who'd give them a different answer...no, still me, and you still can't install unlicensed software on your computer.

Now apparently one of my former teammates in India handles it since they laid off the American staff. I imagine they're probably failing their audits pretty regularly now.

Cesar R M

I supported a company of a couple thousand people.

There were definitely stupid people in there.

I especially liked the ones who put in multiple tickets hoping to get someone different who'd give them a different answer...no, still me, and you still can't install unlicensed software on your computer.

Now apparently one of my former teammates in India handles it since they laid off the American staff. I imagine they're probably failing their audits pretty regularly now.
Cost cutting IT is always the dumbest decision.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom