The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The only thing I don't recognize is the watermelon candy thing in the middle, but I'd like to know what it is, because I LOVE watermelon flavored stuff! I love how in the bottom left corner, it's talking about Kinderdijk in the Netherlands, and then below that it says "Belgium". :D What is that? I don't personally care for the Roka things...they have a really weird texture to me, but a lot of people love them. The chocolate covered kruidnoted are a Sinterklaas/Christmas thing. They are addictive!!! You can sit down and eat the whole bag before you know it. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the redband winegums. Redband has a lot of different winegum type candies...what you have here is a typical Dutch thing, because it's half "drop" and half winegum. I'm thinking they want to let you try drop without it just being drop...it's a black liquorice thing, but it's not as sweet as what we have in the US. And there are different kinds of drop...some are soft, some are much more tough, and they have salty, double salty, sweet, honey, etc....this will be the sweet kind and more on the tough side, I think. I don't like the salty ones, but they are very popular here. And yep, stroopwaffels are usually a huge hit with most people. I love them, but they are best when you get them warm from a street vendor. Some people take the packaged ones and put them over a hot cup of coffee, or tea for a few minutes to soften them up before they eat them.

The watermelon candy is a Sour watermelon, I don't see a brand name on it, but the informational guide that comes in the box says it is a popular candy because of tiny watermelon that is grown in the Netherlands. Apparently the tiny 1 inch watermelon was discovered by a Dutch company Koppert Cress in South America and brought them back. I think they will be good, I'll try to remember to let you know the verdict when I do.

I'm a little unsure of the wine gums because I'm not really into that type of candy but I'll try it. I'm looking forward to the kruidnoted and the stroopwaffles. The informational guide did recommend putting the cookie over a hot beverage, so I might try that this weekend with some coffee. There was also a sour violet hard candies in the box, I'm not sure about that, my sister likes violet candy so I might end up giving them to her.

I see to like the savory treats that are in these boxes the best so we will probably end up eating the gouda cheese crispies and the potato chips first.

donaldtoo

Oh heck, no. I love solo travelling, but do wish that at least once hubs might "try" WDW. He's just not interested in it at all. He'll travel with me to other places, but not WDW. Not his cup of tea.

Years ago I was in the hotel business, and got to go to different places. Didn't bother me in the least to "solo". It's a whole different experience, and believe it or not, it also opens up random discussions with strangers, personnel in restaurants and hotels. I was never bored or lonely. (I'm not a big group type of person to begin with, so that's probably one of the reasons why.) Not saying traveling solo is for everyone, but some people really like it. :)

I don’t think I could do a solo Disney trip even if I wanted to...
First off, the minute a solo trip would be mentioned everyone else in the immediate fam, that could, would jump on it...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Second, I really don’t want to take a solo trip...the fam enjoys it like I do, and it’s always a BLAST...even for only one crazy fly in in the mornin’ and fly out in the evenin’ day...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
That all bein’ said, I know many enjoy it, and that’s perfectly fine...!!! :)

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I don’t think I could do a solo Disney trip even if I wanted to...
First off, the minute a solo trip would be mentioned everyone else in the immediate fam, that could, would jump on it...!!!!! :hilarious:;)
Second, I really don’t want to take a solo trip...the fam enjoys it like I do, and it’s always a BLAST...even for only one crazy fly in in the mornin’ and fly out in the evenin’ day...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
That all bein’ said, I know many enjoy it, and that’s perfectly fine...!!! :)

My daughter would shank me if she found out I went to Disney without her 😂😂

donaldtoo

Surprising find today, I signed up for a free trial on ancestry.com and most of it was what I already knew so far but my grandmothers family who not a lot of people thought was German for she had an Italian last name (maiden) but always said she was. Well, she is German and also a fair amount of ancestors also come from Switzerland. Too bad citizenship blood laws don't go back that far (1800s). 🤣 I also miss Portuguese citizenship by a generation unless my grandmother become a citizen after being born here.

What stinks about it is that anyone alive is basically not on the site. Unless you probably do the DNA test. I had to quite. Afting added brother and sisters for all...way too many people. And back then they had like 20 thousands kids.

We’ve always known we’re mostly Czech and a bit less German, but, a while back through ancestry.com, oldest DD and her grandfather (my Pop) found out there’s some Russian back there too.
I have a great aunt that had 18 children...the more “farm hands” the better back then...!!!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom