The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I thought I would share something I thought you guys would apprecicate....Today was the last day of the quarter for my middle school students today so I decided to play some online trivia (Kahoot) game with them. I picked the topic of the first round and then the winner of the round got to pick the next topic (I gave them a list of vetted topic/games). So naturally I picked Disney movies as the first topic and a question about Wall-e came up and I mentioned that I did not like Wall-e and I couldn't believe all all the boos I got. So many of my students love that movie! I couldn't believe it!

donaldtoo

Hi everyone!
It is winter and my daughter is down at college ...and her car(a 2003 VW Beetle) is here with us...not with her.
Therefore I unscrewed her car's antenna tonight so tomorrow afternoon I can put a car cover on her vehicle.
Yet now in the cabin of her car I see a red flashing light that I've never noticed before.
I Google searched "car red flashing light" to confirm what I was thinking.... and yes, it SEEMS like it IS the Anti Theft System.
Probably my unscrewing the antenna caused that?
Should I be concerned?
Some search engines mentioned cars that would not start because of the red flashing anti theft light. Oh no! :(
It's late at night and I don't want to go out there and try it. My wife would notice and just be upset and then she'd have trouble falling asleep.
Naturally I'll try to start it tomorrow...but if it starts...AM I OK to cover her car with a red flashing light?
Next Tuesday when my wife wants to do her planned "drive the car once a week while DD is away at college"....will it start and be fine?
I AM the one who might have trouble sleeping tonight.
All comments are welcome and appreciated! :)
Sure this has already been answered, and I don’t even have an anti-theft system in my current ride, but, when a car with that system is locked it flashes all the time. It’s so low voltage and draws such negligible power, just to tell people the system is doin’ its thang...!!! ;):)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I thought I would share something I thought you guys would apprecicate....Today was the last day of the quarter for my middle school students today so I decided to play some online trivia (Kahoot) game with them. I picked the topic of the first round and then the winner of the round got to pick the next topic (I gave them a list of vetted topic/games). So naturally I picked Disney movies as the first topic and a question about Wall-e came up and I mentioned that I did not like Wall-e and I couldn't believe all all the boos I got. So many of my students love that movie! I couldn't believe it!

Is the student whose English needed improvement, still in your class (virtual or otherwise)? I've heard that some of the virtual learning was a challenge for a number of students, and was just wondering how that particular boy was doing. (Also, I realize that it's a challenge for you as well, trying to teach all the kids, using virtual learning--either full time, or in a hybrid model. Most schools in my area have gone all virtual until further notice.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom