The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

I have a curiosity question. I'm hoping a few people will take the time to respond.
Focusing on your shower's tub spout, after you shut off the water....do you let the diverter (pull up thingee) stay up on its own...gurgling for a minute...do you let it eventually drop down on its own? ....or..... after turning the water off, do you reach over with one finger and gently tap it closed?View attachment 524754View attachment 524755View attachment 524756

Ours pops down right away when the water faucet is cut off 9/10ths of the time...when it doesn’t, I just pop it down with my index finger..!!! :)

Songbird76

My longtime bestie asked me what would happen if I got married to someone who didn't like Disney. I told her that isn't optional. 😂
You may not know it. My husband was fine with Disney. We went there for our honeymoon and had a great time. We took the kids on our way home from my brother's wedding. I think this is where is started to go wrong, and I think a lot of it was staying with my friend in kissimmee. We had a good time, but her husband is a bit annoying....he's a know-it-all and treats everyone like they are children, etc. But we only went to Disney for something like 4 days or 5 days, and Universal for only a day. So it wasn't a huge deal. The next trip, we stayed at CBR because we didn't want to stay the whole time with them, but we stayed there for a few days after our CBR portion. It was a disaster and I think that's where he started dreading Disney. She has a "service dog" that is not really trained to be a service dog and that is not a good breed for service dogs...very territorial, resistent to training, and has been traumatized itself and can't be left alone or she chews her own paws bloody. The dog won't let anyone near my friend, even her husband, and lunged at A everytime she saw him, so we had to keep the dog locked up while we were there. My friend doesn't drive because of PTSD issues, and her husband had just recently gotten a new job and she hadn't told him we were coming I guess, so we were stuck at their house and couldn't go to the parks because he was working and she doesn't drive and we hadn't rented a car because she had told us he'd be able to drive us to the parks. The one day we did get to go to the parks, he dropped us off late morning, said he was off at 9, but then we were still waiting at 11, and my husband had forgotten to bring the charging cords for our phones, so my phone was dying and then we'd have no way to call my friend. He ended up working late. Between the vicious dog, not getting to go to the parks, and the know-it-all husband and then getting left long after the parks were closed just sitting there, it was a nightmare. We did not stay with my friend at all in 2019, just went there for an afternoon to visit on one day in between Disney and Universal. But in any case, his dislike of Disney didn't show up until long after we were married.

Songbird76

Update: I decided to get the Aristocats MB for my upcoming trip. My AP renews in August, so I can get Elsa then or pick something else if I want to. $10 for a cute one: I don't care.

I've seen people decorate their free MBs before, but I am really not that artistic. 😂
You don't have to be artistic. Magicyourband.com has already made skins you can buy for 6 or 7 bucks. They are basically stickers, but they stay on well. So you do still have options if you want a fun one.

Songbird76

Nasty weather today....really rainy and windy. Good day to stay inside and go nowhere....oh wait....that's every day right now!

They are looking at stricter measures again. We're already in lockdown, but they are looking at an 8:00 curfew and also reducing the number of visitors you are allowed to have in your home from 2 to only 1. The UK mutation is spreading pretty rapidly, I guess and they estimate that 1 out of 10 cases is the Brittish version, and that in a month, that might be closer to half the cases. I'm thinking my roadtest is going to be canceled again. I think the lockdown will be extended.

There was also a story in the news today that a stupid and selfish woman in Belgium decided she HAD to go skiing in Switzerland over Christmas, against advice. Maybe Belgium is different, but we have a no unnecessary travel advisory for the entire world and they BEGGED people not to travel over Christmas. Well, anyway, this woman has a young daughter who she sent to stay with her dad (the parents are divorced) for the week so she could go. The rule is you quarantine when you get back for at least 7 days and you get 2 negative tests, but she decided not to and brought her daughter back as soon as she got home. She did eventually get one test, but sent her daughter back to school before she got the results back...she had gotten the British variant in Switzerland, passed it on to her daughter, who infected a friend at school, who brought it home to her family and infected her mother, who is a teacher at another school. And now 5000 people from the two schools have to quarantine and I think they said 2000 of them have to get tested. All because one woman couldn't bother to follow the rules. How selfish can you be??

Goofyernmost

You may not know it. My husband was fine with Disney. We went there for our honeymoon and had a great time. We took the kids on our way home from my brother's wedding. I think this is where is started to go wrong, and I think a lot of it was staying with my friend in kissimmee. We had a good time, but her husband is a bit annoying....he's a know-it-all and treats everyone like they are children, etc. But we only went to Disney for something like 4 days or 5 days, and Universal for only a day. So it wasn't a huge deal. The next trip, we stayed at CBR because we didn't want to stay the whole time with them, but we stayed there for a few days after our CBR portion. It was a disaster and I think that's where he started dreading Disney. She has a "service dog" that is not really trained to be a service dog and that is not a good breed for service dogs...very territorial, resistent to training, and has been traumatized itself and can't be left alone or she chews her own paws bloody. The dog won't let anyone near my friend, even her husband, and lunged at A everytime she saw him, so we had to keep the dog locked up while we were there. My friend doesn't drive because of PTSD issues, and her husband had just recently gotten a new job and she hadn't told him we were coming I guess, so we were stuck at their house and couldn't go to the parks because he was working and she doesn't drive and we hadn't rented a car because she had told us he'd be able to drive us to the parks. The one day we did get to go to the parks, he dropped us off late morning, said he was off at 9, but then we were still waiting at 11, and my husband had forgotten to bring the charging cords for our phones, so my phone was dying and then we'd have no way to call my friend. He ended up working late. Between the vicious dog, not getting to go to the parks, and the know-it-all husband and then getting left long after the parks were closed just sitting there, it was a nightmare. We did not stay with my friend at all in 2019, just went there for an afternoon to visit on one day in between Disney and Universal. But in any case, his dislike of Disney didn't show up until long after we were married.
Maybe, but it seems like there is a simple solution to that. Don't go to your friends house. Just go to Disney. Way subject yourself or him to that kind of toxic grouping of personalities.

Songbird76

Maybe, but it seems like there is a simple solution to that. Don't go to your friends house. Just go to Disney. Way subject yourself or him to that kind of toxic grouping of personalities.
Well, that's not really an option. She can't really leave the house and I want to see her. She's my friend. This last trip, we went there on a day that her husband was busy most of the day and my husband just dropped us off there and he went and played Ingress for the day. They took the dog to a doggy daycare place where she's not alone, but also can't be territorial and they know how to deal with her. So it worked out well.

But it's gone beyond just that...like...he wasn't happy at DLP, either, and that was only 4 days and obviously not with my friend or her husband or her dog. And I'm not really sure why it seems to be mostly Disney, because he's fine going to the Efteling, and he's fine going to museums, etc. But basically anything he didn't choose himself, like Disney, annoys him. That's not completely accurate, but I haven't pinpointed what sets him off. But once in a while, he'll just get really surly and resentful of everything and when he's in that mood, I can't do anything right. He'll get really condescending and just be a jerk to everyone for a few hours. Then it seems to blow over and he's back to himself. But it happens every time we go on a Disney trip. It happened a couple of times on our Disney/Universal trip, it happened on our DLP trip, it happened on our 2016 Disney trip, and it happens sometimes at home, too. And usually it happens when he's on vacation or on the weekend, when he has free time. You'd think that would be when he would relax, but it's not.

StarWarsGirl

In my case I would think that with my family being so in love with Disney, whoever I marry has to get with the program pretty quickly.

Plus, and this is morbid, but should something happen to my dad, I inherit all of his DVC points directly. Which some of them don't expire for another 40 years, so I hope whoever I marry likes Disney.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi, everyone! Haven't popped in in so long, I can't read all the pages I am behind, so I am just jumping in. How is everybody, and what's new?
Hi there! We have missed you!
Glad you are well. It has been a long winter. We started out warm then can’t get out of the 20s and 30s at night. I am ready for Spring already! 🤣
We have been working on the basement rooms that are heated where my DH’S office is for the moment. Putting up cheap paneling to paint, ceiling and flooring. Busy, busy!
Have you been doing anything fun lately?

MouseDreaming

Hi there! We have missed you!
Glad you are well. It has been a long winter. We started out warm then can’t get out of the 20s and 30s at night. I am ready for Spring already! 🤣
We have been working on the basement rooms that are heated where my DH’S office is for the moment. Putting up cheap paneling to paint, ceiling and flooring. Busy, busy!
Have you been doing anything fun lately?
Aw, gee, shucks.:inlove:
Spring would be nice. While we haven't really had much snow, we haven't really had any temperatures consistently warm enough to get rid of the snow and ice that came down around the first. Not much, just enough to make me look forward to being able to use nonslippery side walks for my afternoon walk.

Nothing fun, really. Just helping the kids navigate this different way of life right now.

Hope you took before pictures, and will post at least after pictures. I love that you both can do so much of the "refurb" yourselves. My DH has any good qualities, but being handy is not one of them! After work, I get to deal with a slow drain. Make it 2. Might as well work on the tub one, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom