The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Well, that is a totally different problem then. I apologize for my error. I felt reading your description that you weren't very impressed with how you were treated either and seem a bit cynical about your friend, but mostly her husband.

I went to Disneyland Paris and wasn't all that impressed either. I still wonder what fun your husband has while you are visiting with your friend and he has to deal with the, as you described, obnoxious or missing husband. Don't take that like I know what he is feeling or doing, but it just seems odd how a person could really enjoy WDW and then all of a sudden not. That's all I'm saying. I love WDW but, wouldn't spend another nickel to go back to DL Paris.
I love my friend dearly, but she does have some mental health issues, so it's kind of difficult to navigate. She's got PTSD and anxiety with a traumatic childhood. She's extremely intelligent...has a PHD in some field of science, but in some ways she's like a child. My husband likes her fine, but thinks she's kind of nuts...he has no history with her, no real connection with her except through me. And where he doesn't like her husband, I can see why he doesn't like being around him and he doesn't really care one way or the other if he gets to spend time with her. So that's why he didn't go last time...he dropped me off and then he left. So he didn't have to spend any time with them last trip, but still isn't huge on Disney. He says he can do thrill rides anywhere and there are more thrilling rides outside of Disney, and he isn't attached to any of the ones in Disney. He enjoys them, but no more than any other thrill ride, and as he can do bigger more thrilling rides in the Netherlands without the huge pricetag and international flights, he'd rather save the money we'd spend on him going to Disney for something else. That's why he asked if E and I would mind doing a girls trip next time instead. I'm just not sure how A will take that. I don't think he's particularly attached to Disney either, other than loving Test Track and Buzz lightyear spaceranger spin. But he might object to being left behind even though he's not as huge a fan as we are. But DH views it as a waste of money for him because it IS so expensive and if you can get just as much enjoyment out of something way cheaper, why spend Disney prices. E and I can't get as much enjoyment out of something cheaper...Efteling is cool for a day, but it's not Disney. It doesn't have the magic. But it has bigger roller coasters, which my husband loves and I can't ride...so he prefers that to Disney, where I prefer dark rides, and there aren't many of those at Efteling. But I get his point.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh, what is in June? Or just looking forward to summer and break? I have mixed feelings about May/June DD graduates high school. Sigh. Summer, yes. Break, yes. Life after high school? ...

I'm just looking forward to summer break. This school year has felt so long with all these protocols and everything. Also a WDW trip in June. :) I could understand you have mixed feelings about DD graduating. I hope she has some good after high school plans.

StarWarsGirl

We "experienced " drivers will ignore all these "baby" drivers on here. ;) I have had my license almost 45 years. :hilarious:
Where is my friend @MinnieM123 ? Fess up girlfriend, how long you been driving ?
I still feel like a real "baby" driver. It hadn't occured to me that I started learning a decade ago. I'm only just barely old enough to rent a car without that stupid underage fee.

Freshee61

Ok sorry to barge in .... is there a thread about Walt Disney pass holder being discontinued? I just heard it on radio but cannot find a thread.

Freshee61

Thanks, so it’s safe to say there no thread about Florida cancelling wdw ap thread? Weird because something like that I thought I would hear here first than on radio.

So mine expired two months ago but I never heard rumors till now or I would’ve naturally renewed.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks, so it’s safe to say there no thread about Florida cancelling wdw ap thread? Weird because something like that I thought I would hear here first than on radio.

So mine expired two months ago but I never heard rumors till now or I would’ve naturally renewed.

Maybe the radio report was talking about Disneyland, their AP's are being discontinued.

donaldtoo

So, there’s a real estate show I listen to on Tuesdays on my drive home.
2 stories they told tonight were indicative of the real estate market around here these days.
The first was about a home that wasn’t particularly attractive and was a bit of a fixer-upper, that was listed at $417,000.
It was on the market for over 5 months when the price was dropped to $395,000, and a bidding war ensued. It ended up selling for $430,000...!!!!! :hilarious:
The second was about a house that was already under contract. A second potential buyer came in and offered the seller 10% more to tear up the contract. The seller said it would be wrong to do that and wouldn’t do it.
2 days later, the second potential buyer countered by not only offering the seller 10% more, but, also offered the buyer under contract and his real estate agent 10% to tear up the contract and just walk away. They did not take the offer.
The amount for each would have been a little over $40,000...!!!!! :greedy:

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

You can't buy a new WDW AP. Not sure if you can renew at this point since yours lapsed, but you can always check.

DL cancelled their AP program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom