The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

drop it down
Here is another one --toilet paper over or under the role
John, not sure how to interpret your answer...do YOU cause it to drop down....or do you wait that minute to let it drop down on its own?
The reason I am asking folks for feedback is because we've had issues with our shower plumbing and I want to make sure it doesn't matter if we gently tap that shower diverter rather than waiting for it to release on its own.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have a curiosity question. I'm hoping a few people will take the time to respond.
Focusing on your tub spout, after you shut off the water....do you let the diverter (pull up thingee) stay up on its own...gurgling for a minute...do you let it eventually drop down on its own? ....or..... after turning the water off, do you reach over with one finger and gently tap it closed?View attachment 524754View attachment 524755View attachment 524756
I believe the butler pulls this out ( plug I think it's called) once one has finished bathing 🧐
PXL_20210117_131830287.jpg

Goofyernmost

You and I are birds of a feather when it comes to our refusal to plan for parks or meals. But, what we have going for us is that when traveling solo, we're not responsible for others in our party. Nowadays, I think most families really do have to plan a lot, particularly (and surprisingly) if they want to get TS reservations for dinner in any park.

Luckily, I don't bother with TS, and if I really want a fancier meal than QS, I'll order in-room dining at my hotel (usually SWAN), for 1 night only of my vacation. Heck, I only go to WDW for 4 full days as it is, so don't mind a lot of QS -- particularly when some of the QS is quite good, such as Tangierine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion.
It is very true that going solo makes the lack of intense planning much simpler. I don't know exactly how I would react with a family in tow. My guess is that we wouldn't go there, I would opt for an easier destination. Heck even going to Europe for a month didn't require a lot more planning then a week in WDW. Just a little research to find out what we wanted to see, when we wanted to see it and how to get there, where to stay when we got there and even some of that, especially in cities, was not preplanned. And when you consider that is going some places where one never had been before and not speaking the language, I think that is quite minimal.

Goofyernmost

I have a curiosity question. I'm hoping a few people will take the time to respond.
Focusing on your shower's tub spout, after you shut off the water....do you let the diverter (pull up thingee) stay up on its own...gurgling for a minute...do you let it eventually drop down on its own? ....or..... after turning the water off, do you reach over with one finger and gently tap it closed?View attachment 524754View attachment 524755View attachment 524756
After the water is turned off, then there is no pressure holding the diverter in place and it usually comes down by itself. If it doesn't just a little spurt of WD40 will do the trick or as you said, just push it down yourself. You want to do that because you don't want stagnant water staying in the pipes.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

John, not sure how to interpret your answer...do YOU cause it to drop down....or do you wait that minute to let it drop down on its own?
The reason I am asking folks for feedback is because we've had issues with our shower plumbing and I want to make sure it doesn't matter if we gently tap that shower diverter rather than waiting for it to release on its own.
No it doesn't make any difference to the overall plumbing. The diverter is just a segregated water blockage devise. It isn't connected to anything other than attached to the spout. It works with pressure. When you pull it up, it blocks water from going directly from the spout into the tub and diverts it up to the shower head. Water pressure holds it in place. When you push it down it opens the gate and lets the water drain from the shower head and pipe and runs out the spout.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Focusing on your shower's tub spout, after you shut off the water....do you let the diverter (pull up thingee) stay up on its own...gurgling for a minute...do you let it eventually drop down on its own? ....or..... after turning the water off, do you reach over with one finger and gently tap it closed?View attachment 524754View attachment 524755View attachment 524756

I usually press it down before I turn off the water. Ours doesn't go down on its own so if we don't put it down one of us will get a nice spray in the face as we turn on the water for our next shower.

Goofyernmost

Over -- if your roll has any design on it, the design is meant to display. I didn't make this up -- I read that a long time ago. :)
I have always been puzzled by that debate. Some folks are deadly serious about an item that has so little relevance to anything. I just find it easier to use when it is over the top, so that is what I do. I went out with a lady once that would switch it to under when she used the bathroom. That I consider to be just a little to obsessed and a massive dating red flag. Do what they want in their own home, but attempting to force ones obsession onto another is a step to far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom