The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That is very cool. (Somewhat related in a sense, but your distant view of France reminds me of years ago when I went to Aruba. It was a very clear night (like your photo above), and I could see in the very far distance, a few of the city lights from Rio de Janeiro. :cool:
I don't think that's possible. Aruba is an island to the north of South America, and Rio de Janeiro is more to the Southeast of the continent, about 3000 miles away. You would have to look across half the continent. It would be like looking from Los Angeles and seeing the lights of New York city.

Songbird76

I took a better picture of the puzzle today when it was light outside.

137051680_222167176205637_8917647166341847344_n.jpg

I think I'm going to take a bit of a break from the puzzles for a bit. Now that school has started after Christmas, the kids are busy during the day, and my husband also, so I had to do this one by myself. And I'm reading a couple of different books. I finished The Big Bang Theory yesterday, and that's what I was watching while I did the puzzles. So now I can concentrate on reading my Austria guidebook, and I started reading a book about Greek Mythology today. Maybe when the other puzzle I ordered gets here, I can do that, but for now, I want to read.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Maybe the flat earthers are correct. However, even if it were flat it seems like one would have to have the vision of Superman to see that far. Are you sure they said Rio?

It was so long ago, that there's always a chance that I might have mistaken the actual city. I honestly thought I correctly recalled it was Rio, but considering the proximity of Aruba to Venzuela, it may have been a city in Venezuela.

Anyway, thanks for politely phrasing just a possibility, that I might have (inadvertently) mixed up the city, versus that I'm just completely lost in space here. (Normally, the latter would be correct, but now I really am messed up thinking about what city it was, trying to recall conversations I had back then.)

I'll never forget the excitement of seeing some flickers of lights (way across the ocean) from where I was standing alone on the beach in Aruba. I'd never been to South America, and I think that's why it was so exciting for me, at that time. Think I'll just stick with the memory I had, as it remained a happy one, up to now, anyway.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Honestly, not great. Still limping, some days better than others. Took her to the vet, but of course she was excited then, and didn’t limp. He was feeling and pulling on her legs and she didn’t react. We got some more anti-inflammatory meds.

Has the vet suggested it might be some form of arthritis? That's not uncommon in dogs, especially as they get older.

MySmallWorldof4

Crazy week. Youngest on 2 cheer teams now. They asked her to join one of their higher level teams 2 weeks ago because they needed another flyer. She was so excited. She has her back handspring now and is working on her back tuck. She had 4 hours of practice today and the gym is 45 minutes away so I was gone almost 6 hours today. She also has practice twice during the week. Luckily she does tumbling practice at her old gym on Mondays, so that is near the house. She still hasn’t had a competition, but they will have a virtual one the end of the month. They record the routine at the gym and submit it to the cheer company hosting the competition. She is having fun and has made so many friends. It has been worth the drive. Just some long days here. Still doing the ESL tutoring early in the AM and then working with my kids after. Haven’t been able to get on as much. But everyone here is fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom