The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
I’m at urgent care right now for a rapid test.

Brian’s family are mostly of the political persuasion that minimizes the virus.

Last Wednesday, stepmom had dinner out with 2 people. One of them let her know on Friday morning that she couldn’t come to Dad’s service because she and her adult kids had tested positive.

Stepmom then proceeded to the church, where she hugged and cried on the whole family - at the entrance, the exit, and the one exception I made to hug her: the sign of peace.

We are all scrambling to get tested. She won’t.

So far her daughter has tested negative. So has our cousin. Brian and I went to CVS but it’s taking too long, so I’m at a clinic.

With all this, we have a rental booked (with Kylie) for the Central Florida superspreader event this weekend.

I feel fine - a little anxious and paranoid, a little run down yesterday, which happens from time to time, anyway.

Whole family peeved at stepmom. For this and other reasons.

Happy Wednesday!
Good luck! Hope it is negative!

Figgy1

Premium Member

Last Wednesday, stepmom had dinner out with 2 people. One of them let her know on Friday morning that she couldn’t come to Dad’s service because she and her adult kids had tested positive.

Stepmom then proceeded to the church, where she hugged and cried on the whole family - at the entrance, the exit, and the one exception I made to hug her: the sign of peace.

So far her daughter has tested negative. So has our cousin. Brian and I went to CVS but it’s taking too long, so I’m at a clinic.

With all this, we have a rental booked (with Kylie) for the Central Florida superspreader event this weekend.

I feel fine - a little anxious and paranoid, a little run down yesterday, which happens from time to time, anyway.

Happy Wednesday!
Good luck my friend xoxo

Lilofan

Happy Wednesday!
Fingers crossed, hope you're in the clear!

ImperfectPixie

Happy Wednesday!
Hoping for negative results!!!

Last edited:

Songbird76

Not a joy, but definitely part of the process of life's experiences. Very few young people leave home with the washer and dryer packed in a bag. We all got through it and it gave us the incentive to do what we needed to do to improve our lives. Look what happens to those that were born with a silver spoon in their mouths. They get a distorted idea of what everyday life for everyday people is like. Of course, they don't need incentive because their wallets are already stuffed full of money.
Well, there are also a whole lot of people out there who weren't born with the silver spoon, but learned to manipulate others to stuff their own pockets even without having to work for it. It's an unfortunate truth.

Songbird76

My mom is working at her friend's daycare today.

B wants me to stay in my room. At all times. Not even to come out to go to the bathroom.

He also wants me available to talk at all times.

I can't wait for schools to reopen.
Is he wanting you to stay in your room because he's worried you'll catch Covid19 from one of the kids? The kids aren't there, are they? Or is he not wanting to be disturbed because he's doing school at home?

FutureCEO

My mom is working at her friend's daycare today.

B wants me to stay in my room. At all times. Not even to come out to go to the bathroom.

He also wants me available to talk at all times.

I can't wait for schools to reopen.

Schools being reopen is causing this latest mess. Humans never learn from history.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Schools being reopen is causing this latest mess. Humans never learn from history.

From what I've heard on the news (here in MA) it's more about the parties that people are throwing, with no masks or social distancing. Those have been traced to the biggest contributors of recent spread. (The more common demographic is the under 30 crowd, but not exclusively them.)

And now CT is asking MA visitors to quarantine for 14 days, or have a negative covid test within 72 hours of visiting CT. NY isn't enforcing a quarantine for MA visitors, but is strongly suggesting it.

We're heading back to numbers we had back in May, for heaven's sake. If this keeps up, we'll have some tight restrictions that will go back into effect, in due course. Right now, they're concerned (as is the rest of the country) about large gatherings for the major holidays, coming up. 🤦‍♀️

StarWarsGirl

Is he wanting you to stay in your room because he's worried you'll catch Covid19 from one of the kids? The kids aren't there, are they? Or is he not wanting to be disturbed because he's doing school at home?
No, he's just being a PITA. Any time I'm in any room other than my own, he wants me to leave. Even if I'm in the family room and he's in his room. Nope, not acceptable. He doesn't have classes on Wednesdays and that helps no one because he gets very, very bored.

School is still all virtual here.

FutureCEO

We're heading back to numbers we had back in May, for heaven's sake. If this keeps up, we'll have some tight restrictions that will go back into effect, in due course. Right now, they're concerned (as is the rest of the country) about large gatherings for the major holidays, coming up. 🤦‍♀️

Rhode Island just went past May numbers (she forced schools to open back in Sept). But our governor still doesn't have a clue and lock everything down again. She threatened us with more restrictions. Like either do it or don't do it. There is no try.

1603922346791.png

Similarities between the governor and the Wicked Witch

Last edited:

Rista1313

Before I was married my apartment had laundry but only one washer and one dryer. Coin operated and down three flights . I usually lugged my laundry to the laundromat a couple minutes away, it was easier to take it there and be done in about an hour using multiple machines than spend a lot of the using the one machine. Or I went for a visit to my parents with my laundry! 🙂

I moved into an apartment like that except it had 2 washers and 2 dryers.... and the first few times I tried to do laundry, it was always full! Luckily I had w/d hook ups in my apartment, and my aunt and uncle helped me find a used set and haul it up the stairs for me. (and hook ed them up!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom