The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I moved into an apartment like that except it had 2 washers and 2 dryers.... and the first few times I tried to do laundry, it was always full! Luckily I had w/d hook ups in my apartment, and my aunt and uncle helped me find a used set and haul it up the stairs for me. (and hook ed them up!)

That was lucky for you. No hook ups for a washer/dryer in my place. To be honest most of my laundry I did take home to mom and dad's about every other weekend, it was nice to visit with them especially my mom.

Figgy1

Premium Member
No, he's just being a PITA. Any time I'm in any room other than my own, he wants me to leave. Even if I'm in the family room and he's in his room. Nope, not acceptable. He doesn't have classes on Wednesdays and that helps no one because he gets very, very bored.

School is still all virtual here.
If he's not in class he should be outside raking as not to bother others;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
My bff who recently had surgery has to go up and down stairs as part of pt. So he's putting the dirty laundry in a backpack and goes down to do laundry. I'm getting some interesting phone calls as he hasn't done laundry in I suspect never. There's a place down the street where you can drop your laundry off and they wash and fold it for you:rolleyes:

StarWarsGirl

Before I was married my apartment had laundry but only one washer and one dryer. Coin operated and down three flights . I usually lugged my laundry to the laundromat a couple minutes away, it was easier to take it there and be done in about an hour using multiple machines than spend a lot of the using the one machine. Or I went for a visit to my parents with my laundry! 🙂
My uncle who is not my uncle used to live in an apartment and always brought his laundry here. He used to say he felt like a hobo coming by with his bags of it.

donaldtoo

It isn't! I was always the smallest in my class.

I was always one of the shortest guys in elementary, junior, and high school. I had my last growth spurt not long after I graduated HS at age 17. It was a good one. I went to my 5-year HS reunion and couldn’t believe how many former classmates were shorter than myself, and they told me same...late bloomer, both up and out...!!!!! :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

The Irish blood in my boys is VERY prevalent...they're almost transparent! 😂 I'm a bear about sunscreen!
I have what's called Polymorphic Light Eruption. Basically, I break into tiny little blisters and a red spotty rash the first time my skin is exposed to the sun in the spring. I only developed it after having my thyroid removed for some reason. But it's awful. Sunscreen helps and I have to be extremely vigilant with it at first.

I don't know why...I'm not that light skinned.

donaldtoo

My hair does that, too - especially if I spend a lot of time swimming in salt water and then in the sun! I'll get very clear blonde streaks around my face, but it also has a reddish hue to it, too...so going blonde by boxed dye is a big no-no because it comes out orange. My winter color is definitely from my mom's side, but it's ability to change during the summer is my dad's side all the way. They've all got dirty blonde hair with natural streaks. My boys are leaning towards a dark dirty blonde/light brown so far.

Every single hair on my head and face is now gray, except about half of my mustache...and, I’m good with that...!!! ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have what's called Polymorphic Light Eruption. Basically, I break into tiny little blisters and a red spotty rash the first time my skin is exposed to the sun in the spring. I only developed it after having my thyroid removed for some reason. But it's awful. Sunscreen helps and I have to be extremely vigilant with it at first.

I don't know why...I'm not that light skinned.
The rain is going to end as carp here otherwise I'd be under my boulder

Goofyernmost

I moved into an apartment like that except it had 2 washers and 2 dryers.... and the first few times I tried to do laundry, it was always full! Luckily I had w/d hook ups in my apartment, and my aunt and uncle helped me find a used set and haul it up the stairs for me. (and hook ed them up!)
My Apartment complex has a laundry room on every floor. I found that since I get up early on most days that I would make Tuesday my laundry day. There is one front loading washing machine and one super duper dryer. I mean that thing comes close to melting the machine it get so warm. Last week I got there to discover that the washing machine was out of order so I went down to the first floor to that laundry room. Imagine my surprise when I spotted two front loading and two top loading machines plus 4 super dryers. I still like the one that is only 35 feet from my door though. It was a problem through out this Pandemic because they all require quarters to operate and for a while those quarters were hard to come by. But, I put on my sad face and went to grocery stores and begged and they gave me one or two rolls of quarters.** I, at any given time, have $40. to $50. in quarters stashed. I am able to do just one load per week unless I'm doing towels and/or bed linens. It costs me $4.50 for the wash and dry cycle which I think is cheaper then buying a new Washer and Dryer, maintaining it and paying for the hot water and electricity to operate them. If I start my wash at 6:45am, I have it washed, dried and put away before 10:15am. Most of the time is used up procrastinating when I get to the put away phase.

One would think that change would be available at least at banks, but they must have a very weak immune system because they lock the doors and only speak to us common people from about 30 ft. away. I have financed my washing budget using the money that I got from selling my own washer and dryer from my old apartment. Still have a few dollars left from that transaction. 8 months and counting!

Goofyernmost

Hubby is, too! (Well, more of a silver, but his hair was black when we met)
They tell me that marriage will do that to a guy! Not me though, mine just fell out or I pulled it out, the jury is still out on that one. Being the only male in the household for 20+ years (including the female cat) contributed to that male pattern balding problem. I don't blame the cat though, I'm thinking that the wife and two teenaged daughters brought that about in the 90's.

ImperfectPixie

They tell me that marriage will do that to a guy! Not me though, mine just fell out or I pulled it out, the jury is still out on that one. Being the only male in the household for 20+ years (including the female cat) contributed to that male pattern balding problem. I don't blame the cat though, I'm thinking that the wife and two teenaged daughters brought that about in the 90's.
Early grey runs in his family...fortunately, they're also pretty famous for keeping a full head of hair. Hubby started turning grey in his mid-20s...so he can't blame it on me! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom