The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Can you I tell you what I hate about apartments, well most of them. I live in my old grandparents house which is good but less modern but people want to sell the house when my grandfather dies which could be within the year (and I would have to travel to the job like before).

Shared laundry and paying for the laundry

Depending upon where you rent, sometimes (particularly in a house situation -- 2-3 units, or floors), people may have their own machines. We rent a small townhouse and have our own washer/dryer (we own those). I've also lived in apt. buildings for many years, and the laundry thing starts off annoying, but after a while you usually get into a routine with it. (Weekends are most busy in apt. buildings in the laundry rooms, so best to pick a weeknight.)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Can you I tell you what I hate about apartments, well most of them. I live in my old grandparents house which is good but less modern but people want to sell the house when my grandfather dies which could be within the year (and I would have to travel to the job like before).

Shared laundry and paying for the laundry
Right there with ya. The building I am in is over 100 years old. The second story where the residential units are is about 35 years old as the new owners added a second floor.

the laundry room is 2 steep flights of stairs To the dungeon. We are on the honor system to pay $1 to wash and dry each With the rent.

I have grown to be comfy with the dungeon but it is real creepity

Cesar R M

Right there with ya. The building I am in is over 100 years old. The second story where the residential units are is about 35 years old as the new owners added a second floor.

the laundry room is 2 steep flights of stairs To the dungeon. We are on the honor system to pay $1 to wash and dry each With the rent.

I have grown to be comfy with the dungeon but it is real creepity
You're talking about prices when the real questions would be about.. WHY A DUNGEON???
XD

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
speaking of travels.. tomorrow very late night will go to Houston, and from there I will be at WDW. Staying at the Dolphin.

So, expect WDW pictures when I return.

Excited Good News GIF by Farmer Wants A Wife

I hope everything goes well in Houston and have a fantastic time at WDW!

Gabe1

You're talking about prices when the real questions would be about.. WHY A DUNGEON???
XD
The Dungeon is creepy. The ceiling creaks. The foundation is old brick weathered. There are rooms where you least expect. Secret rooms that you have to know how to find them. There are 7 floor to ceiling cages made of chain link known as our storage lockers. These people collect old stuff so it is randomly and without much order everywhere. Reminds me of my Grans attic.

Cesar R M

Lovely. So charming.

View attachment 508806

This photo reminds me of the Garden District in New Orleans where Tulane University is.
You will feel surprised but almost all the old Mexican houses looked like this.
Specially most ranches.

Infact, my dad's older house was this arrangement except a bit more modern, but the fountain in the center is a classic.
And almost every hotel in this town were villas and ranch homes transformed. And they all are like this. Very pretty and with a large garden in the back.

Gabe1

Only one thing is for sure.. I'm going to miss the Festival of the Lion King by a lot.
Also the shows that were added later on (like the Tiana themed MK castle show).
Did you see the list Tonight of all the shows Where cast has been permanently let go beyond Lion King! A massacre Of contract performers gone. I’m sad for them.

Gabe1

You will feel surprised but almost all the old Mexican houses looked like this.
Specially most ranches.

Infact, my dad's older house was this arrangement except a bit more modern, but the fountain in the center is a classic.
And almost every hotel in this town were villas and ranch homes transformed. And they all are like this. Very pretty and with a large garden in the back.
It is gorgeous.

Have fun on your trip. Godspeed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom