The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Through December all cheer competitions are virtual. Think I mentioned that already maybe. I am ok with that as long as I get to see my kid's team do a routine. We haven't been able to watch any practice. I am sooo not used to that. Neither are some of the others I have befriended. They finally are starting to learn a routine and will have actual choreography in about 2 weeks.

Oh I bet they’re excited to finally be doing new routines again!!

Princess Leia

I had posted about this in the musical thread, but @BuddyThomas recommended that I share it here as well:

Exciting announcement- the virtual cabaret I filmed for in the spring is FINALLY premiering this weekend. The way the director worked it out with the licensing companies is that we can only have it posted for short periods of time. So, this weekend it will be ‘live’ on Facebook on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. Monday-Thurs it will be available in a private YouTube link.

If anyone is interested, here is the event link: https://facebook.com/events/s/broadway-inspirations-lessons-/769817350451315/?ti=icl I had a lot of fun filming my songs, and raiding my closet for ‘costumes’. Also, this is free! So if you wanted, you could watch it 3 nights in a row and not have to spend any money.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well today is my first day of work for the new school year. Inservice will be different this year, no big all staff breakfast and meeting. Smaller spaced out meetings will happen in our cafeteria and there will be some zoom meetings too even with all of us in the building. I should have also had to stand in front of everyone to get my 20 year award but now I want have to, so that’s some good news!

Wow! Congratulations on your 20-year recognition for teaching in the school! :happy: That's really quite a length of time to have devoted yourself there. Well done. Those were a lot of lucky students, too! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I had posted about this in the musical thread, but @BuddyThomas recommended that I share it here as well:

Exciting announcement- the virtual cabaret I filmed for in the spring is FINALLY premiering this weekend. The way the director worked it out with the licensing companies is that we can only have it posted for short periods of time. So, this weekend it will be ‘live’ on Facebook on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. Monday-Thurs it will be available in a private YouTube link.

If anyone is interested, here is the event link: https://facebook.com/events/s/broadway-inspirations-lessons-/769817350451315/?ti=icl I had a lot of fun filming my songs, and raiding my closet for ‘costumes’. Also, this is free! So if you wanted, you could watch it 3 nights in a row and not have to spend any money.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Congrats on 20 years! We started school today as well. The day went pretty well. Everyone was excited to start. So far they love their new books.

The kiddos don't come until next Tuesday. Just meetings and prep this week and next Monday. A lot of us teachers aren't very confident in the plans our leadership have put in place. Let's just say they have a plan for us to clean our high touch surfaces in between classes with sprays we aren't supposed to spray with the students there but then when we asked where the students are supposed to be we were told some could be in the room and some in the hallway (unsupervised). What?! Did I mention there are only 3 minutes between classes and our middle schoolers don't have to travel far for classes, we are really all located right next door to each other. Oh and the spray we are supposed to use needs to sit for two minutes before we use the other spray to clean all those high touch surfaces like tables, chairs, door handles... I don't mind the cleaning but how are we supposed to get it done is confusing us all. Even Disney doesn't wipe down everything after each guest leaves a ride vehicle. That's just the tip of the iceberg on things that aren't making sense to us. Ugh, I need to stop thinking about it for now.

donaldtoo

Well today is my first day of work for the new school year. Inservice will be different this year, no big all staff breakfast and meeting. Smaller spaced out meetings will happen in our cafeteria and there will be some zoom meetings too even with all of us in the building. I should have also had to stand in front of everyone to get my 20 year award but now I want have to, so that’s some good news!

Congrats...on both counts...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom