The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When I was growing up and when my kids were growing up, they had a choice, eat what was cooked or go without.

Your choices were only what was placed in front of you, nothing else.

I had to laugh over this, because my parents were the same. There was no democracy at home. Choices were practically nonexistent, although they did offer "yes" or "no" -- and 99% of the time, it was always NO. :p (That remaining 1% for "yes" was once a year for our birthday. :hilarious: )

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well today is my first day of work for the new school year. Inservice will be different this year, no big all staff breakfast and meeting. Smaller spaced out meetings will happen in our cafeteria and there will be some zoom meetings too even with all of us in the building. I should have also had to stand in front of everyone to get my 20 year award but now I want have to, so that’s some good news!

Rista1313

Well today is my first day of work for the new school year. Inservice will be different this year, no big all staff breakfast and meeting. Smaller spaced out meetings will happen in our cafeteria and there will be some zoom meetings too even with all of us in the building. I should have also had to stand in front of everyone to get my 20 year award but now I want have to, so that’s some good news!

That last part made me laugh, because when I received an award while we were at home, I was thankful that I didn't have to receive it in front of everyone in person.

Lilofan

I had to laugh over this, because my parents were the same. There was no democracy at home. Choices were practically nonexistent, although they did offer "yes" or "no" -- and 99% of the time, it was always NO. :p (That remaining 1% for "yes" was once a year for our birthday. :hilarious: )
This reminded me of Jeb Bush speaking at his grandmother's funeral. He recalled Barbara Bush had a style of a benevolent dictatorship and it wasn't always benevolent.

MouseDreaming

Congratulations on 20! Best of luck to you for the school year.

21stamps

This is long.. but thought I’d share. The awards ceremony and spectators is sad. No grandparents allowed. :(. I hope they still give bag tags to all of the attending teams. The kids love it, and they’re packaged individually anyway, but I don’t see anything about that. I bolded the sections that I think will be the most difficult. At least they get to play, though.

Below are the Policies that we received for our upcoming tournament this weekend. Please make sure you look through them!

COVID PROTOCOLS
As noted in the previous emails, we will be following all Non-Contact Sports requirements from the CDC, DoH (Department of Health) as well as the Ohio South Return to Safe Competition guidelines.These are posted on our website under forms and listed at the bottom of this email. The new Restart Ohio update from 8/20/20 is posted under forms on our website.
Some of notable highlights are below, but please follow the links and be familiar with all protocols.

If any of the below items are not clear, please ask for clarification.

-Everyone(players, referees, coaches, spectators) needs to take a self-assessment prior to coming to the fields for each game. This includes checking temperatures,and for symptoms.
-Anyone showing symptoms is required to stay home.
-If an individual, family or household has been exposed to a COVID positive person, do not attend.
-If you are waiting for the result of a COVID test, you may not attend.

-We are limiting attendance/spectators to minimize contact and risk. For that reason, we are asking that you have NO MORE THAN 2 adults who live in your player’s immediate household attend games. Ideally it should be the same 2 adults throughout the weekend of play.
-Social distancing of 6' or more between families should be maintained and seating must be at least 8 yards from the field of play.
-Everyone is required to wear a mask on the sidelines and walking to and from the fields. Masks will not be provided. You must have your own mask.
-Masks may only be removed when playing, refereeing or actively coaching.
-GAMES WILL NOT START until all spectators are wearing masks.
-Games are on a rolling clock and once started, time will not be added if stoppage due to social distancing, mask wearing or other violations of the CDC, DoH, or Ohio South guidelines occurs.
-NO team benches are allowed on sidelines.
-Players must maintain social distancing. We suggest placing player bags 6’ apart and having players sit in front of their bags when not on the field.
-NO team or parent pop-up tents are allowed.
-Warm-ups may only occur on the game's assigned field and CANNOT occur until the previous teams have left the field and equipment has been sanitized (where required). Do not warm up on unused fields or in open areas. Please stay in your cars until shortly before you are set to begin warm-ups
. Clean your area and promptly leave the fields so the next game can begin. We will build in 15 minutes between the completion of one game and the start of the next to allow for a brief warm-up and check-in.
-No high five, handshake or other "touch-lines'·
-Everyone needs to bring their own hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizing stations will be spread throughout the complexes, but we cannot guarantee you will be near one when needed.
-Maintain 6' of distance between players and coaches on sidelines and during half time.
-If your team has a post-game talk please leave the field of play and go to an area away from the fields and other spectators, and limit the time.
-We further ask that these conversations should be limited to coaches/players to eliminate a large group gathering.
-Players/coaches and their related families will be sitting on one side of the field, while the opposing players/coaches and their related families will be on the other.
-SPECTATORS MAY NOT SIT behind the goal box or on the coaches’/team half of the field.
-We are NOT allowed to transport anyone in golf carts. Unlike past years, you will be able to park as close to your field as you are able, but we cannot guarantee how close that is. If you feel you cannot walk whatever distance is required, we recommend not attending. Maps are posted on our website.
-Vendors,food and beverage and merchandise will be available at both locations.
-Please maintain 6' of distance between yourself and the next customer. Support our vendors as they are as excited to be back out on the fields as we all are!!!
-We will have awards, but no awards ceremonies. Due to the tight turn around between approval of play and actually having the event, we were unable to customize these and not able to get the quality we would like. The awards are NOT allowed to be distributed at the complexes to reduce large gatherings. Once the game score is final, ONE representative from each team (Champion and Finalist) needs to go to the HQ tent to pick up awards. We will hand out 1 per rostered player on your team.

93boomer

Premium Member
Congrats!!!! Well deserved!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Based on what she says about the "boys", they would probably eat the container as well, taste doesn't really matter. ;) 🙂
Which is funny because I have gotten calls about both boys from their schools about them being picky eaters:rolleyes: Both boys complained about having to bring their own lunch instead of getting hot lunch(both around 2nd grade) after about 2 weeks they both agreed bringing their own lunch was a better idea. Sitting in front of the special ed team who wanted to make an eating plan was amusing.

StarWarsGirl

I have thought about getting memory foam ones. Actually thinking about getting a new mattress as well. Report back please after a few more sleeps and let me know if you still like them.
When I dog sat for our former neighbors, that's what they had on the bed and I recalled liking them, so when it came time to replace mine (they'd gotten really bad) I decided to try the memory foam.

So far so good. The nice thing about the ones I got is that you can take a center section out if you don't like how thick they are.

MySmallWorldof4

This is long.. but thought I’d share. The awards ceremony and spectators is sad. No grandparents allowed. :(. I hope they still give bag tags to all of the attending teams. The kids love it, and they’re packaged individually anyway, but I don’t see anything about that. I bolded the sections that I think will be the most difficult. At least they get to play, though.

Below are the Policies that we received for our upcoming tournament this weekend. Please make sure you look through them!

COVID PROTOCOLS
As noted in the previous emails, we will be following all Non-Contact Sports requirements from the CDC, DoH (Department of Health) as well as the Ohio South Return to Safe Competition guidelines.These are posted on our website under forms and listed at the bottom of this email. The new Restart Ohio update from 8/20/20 is posted under forms on our website.
Some of notable highlights are below, but please follow the links and be familiar with all protocols.

If any of the below items are not clear, please ask for clarification.

-Everyone(players, referees, coaches, spectators) needs to take a self-assessment prior to coming to the fields for each game. This includes checking temperatures,and for symptoms.
-Anyone showing symptoms is required to stay home.
-If an individual, family or household has been exposed to a COVID positive person, do not attend.
-If you are waiting for the result of a COVID test, you may not attend.

-We are limiting attendance/spectators to minimize contact and risk. For that reason, we are asking that you have NO MORE THAN 2 adults who live in your player’s immediate household attend games. Ideally it should be the same 2 adults throughout the weekend of play.
-Social distancing of 6' or more between families should be maintained and seating must be at least 8 yards from the field of play.
-Everyone is required to wear a mask on the sidelines and walking to and from the fields. Masks will not be provided. You must have your own mask.
-Masks may only be removed when playing, refereeing or actively coaching.
-GAMES WILL NOT START until all spectators are wearing masks.
-Games are on a rolling clock and once started, time will not be added if stoppage due to social distancing, mask wearing or other violations of the CDC, DoH, or Ohio South guidelines occurs.
-NO team benches are allowed on sidelines.
-Players must maintain social distancing. We suggest placing player bags 6’ apart and having players sit in front of their bags when not on the field.
-NO team or parent pop-up tents are allowed.
-Warm-ups may only occur on the game's assigned field and CANNOT occur until the previous teams have left the field and equipment has been sanitized (where required). Do not warm up on unused fields or in open areas. Please stay in your cars until shortly before you are set to begin warm-ups
. Clean your area and promptly leave the fields so the next game can begin. We will build in 15 minutes between the completion of one game and the start of the next to allow for a brief warm-up and check-in.
-No high five, handshake or other "touch-lines'·
-Everyone needs to bring their own hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizing stations will be spread throughout the complexes, but we cannot guarantee you will be near one when needed.
-Maintain 6' of distance between players and coaches on sidelines and during half time.
-If your team has a post-game talk please leave the field of play and go to an area away from the fields and other spectators, and limit the time.
-We further ask that these conversations should be limited to coaches/players to eliminate a large group gathering.
-Players/coaches and their related families will be sitting on one side of the field, while the opposing players/coaches and their related families will be on the other.
-SPECTATORS MAY NOT SIT behind the goal box or on the coaches’/team half of the field.
-We are NOT allowed to transport anyone in golf carts. Unlike past years, you will be able to park as close to your field as you are able, but we cannot guarantee how close that is. If you feel you cannot walk whatever distance is required, we recommend not attending. Maps are posted on our website.
-Vendors,food and beverage and merchandise will be available at both locations.
-Please maintain 6' of distance between yourself and the next customer. Support our vendors as they are as excited to be back out on the fields as we all are!!!
-We will have awards, but no awards ceremonies. Due to the tight turn around between approval of play and actually having the event, we were unable to customize these and not able to get the quality we would like. The awards are NOT allowed to be distributed at the complexes to reduce large gatherings. Once the game score is final, ONE representative from each team (Champion and Finalist) needs to go to the HQ tent to pick up awards. We will hand out 1 per rostered player on your team.
Through December all cheer competitions are virtual. Think I mentioned that already maybe. I am ok with that as long as I get to see my kid's team do a routine. We haven't been able to watch any practice. I am sooo not used to that. Neither are some of the others I have befriended. They finally are starting to learn a routine and will have actual choreography in about 2 weeks.

MySmallWorldof4

Congrats on 20 years! We started school today as well. The day went pretty well. Everyone was excited to start. So far they love their new books.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom