The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

epcotisbest

Felt a need yesterday to download some Jimmy Buffet songs on our Google Play account. We already had "Volcano". My kids and I loved hearing that at the Margaritaville in City Walk. Downloaded "Cheeseburger in Paradise", and "Margaritaville".

My favorites are "A Pirate Looks at 40," "Son of a Son of a Sailor," and "One Particular Harbor."
I also like a couple of odd ones that don't often make the favorites list, "Delaney Talks to Statues," and "Fruitcakes."

MySmallWorldof4

StarWarsGirl

Social skills, PE, and Art have all been dropped for A. Hard to do any of those at home, especially the social skills. Hard to practice interaction with other people when you're not allowed to interact with other people and there is no one to interact with if it was allowed.
B still has all three. Social skills is virtual a few times a week. Art he does at home and they have them take pictures of the artwork. PE is virtual; they do some stretches and talk about health and nutrition. All three are pass fail.

MouseDreaming

So not being able to visit with my Mom this Mother’s Day my DD and I drove to her house after she would be asleep. I always buy Spring flower arrangements for outside for her Birthdays next week and Mother’s Day. She turns 85 next week. We drove through the alley and I opened the back gate and dropped the two planters off next to the garage and drove off. She found the surprise in the morning.
#COVID19MOTHERSDAY2020

View attachment 469607
Where did those come from? They look gorgeous.

21stamps

Wow, looks beautiful! The cabin looks really cozy. So glad you and T are having a wonderful time! Yes, those are a lot of snacks for 2 days. :hilarious:

It’s really strange here, though absolutely breathtaking. A lot of the trails are closed, the lodge restaurant is closed, as is the lobby, check in is completely contactless....But, when we went out to town for grill foods.. the town was PACKED.
We sat in traffic for several minutes. Live bands were playing. Restaurants open. Mini golf open. Gem mining open. Retail open. Photography open.- people at all of them, a lot of people, all ages from young to seniors.

We aren’t doing any of that.. it was really strange to see. We went in the most adorable grocery - Betty’s (thanks @epcotisbest!) and picked up some deli food to grill and for sides.
We did stop at a charming roadside vendor, bought too many fresh peanuts, a gallon of peach cider, and peanut brittle.

Here’s 2 photos of what we saw while driving to the store..they don’t even show how bad the crowds were. The other side of the band was a courtyard full of people

DBC1D5D5-3AD1-4551-ACC8-A7D1CB113220.jpeg
9A9EEE28-CD50-461B-982D-54BC82E4B236.jpeg
Here’s the adorable roadside peanut shop.. they move the puppets when you walk near them. 🤣

3B63BCA3-3902-431F-A70D-586E93C0ACE9.jpeg41EDFC58-84A9-4A08-80AC-6A394F8504DD.jpegCB312FF9-E40E-40DD-907B-01A4838444F9.jpeg

Here’s just 3 of the closed trails in the park. Imo, it would make more sense to have trails open and restaurants carry out only. Right??? That part doesn’t make sense to me.
B7FAAB77-01C1-4991-9773-64650CDB62FB.jpeg5F6D2E2F-2589-4F1F-A306-4F19D297E797.jpeg1253C186-5216-4CCB-A17D-9D703046B9F6.jpeg

MySmallWorldof4

It’s really strange here, though absolutely breathtaking. A lot of the trails are closed, the lodge restaurant is closed, as is the lobby, check in is completely contactless....But, when we went out to town for grill foods.. the town was PACKED.
We sat in traffic for several minutes. Live bands were playing. Restaurants open. Mini golf open. Gem mining open. Retail open. Photography open.- people at all of them, a lot of people, all ages from young to seniors.

We aren’t doing any of that.. it was really strange to see. We went in the most adorable grocery - Betty’s (thanks @epcotisbest!) and picked up some deli food to grill and for sides.
We did stop at a charming roadside vendor, bought too many fresh peanuts, a gallon of peach cider, and peanut brittle.

Here’s 2 photos of what we saw while driving to the store..they don’t even show how bad the crowds were. The other side of the band was a courtyard full of people

View attachment 469701
View attachment 469709
Here’s the adorable roadside peanut shop.. they move the puppets when you walk near them. 🤣

View attachment 469706View attachment 469707View attachment 469708

Here’s just 3 of the closed trails in the park. Imo, it would make more sense to have trails open and restaurants carry out only. Right??? That part doesn’t make sense to me.
View attachment 469703View attachment 469704View attachment 469705
I think I saw a video of that town on Youtube once. It is weird that the trails aren't open. They sure went to great lengths making sure no one would go on that trail.

epcotisbest

View attachment 469701
View attachment 469709

View attachment 469706View attachment 469707View attachment 469708

View attachment 469703View attachment 469704View attachment 469705

If you go back by Fred's, try the fried peanuts. Delish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom